My Mugen eg9 inspired sedan...

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
shaping up nicely. any plans for wheels yet?
Black 949 6UL wheels.
Looks good man. All your doing to the motor is replacing the bearings? Why do you have to look at them, can't you just order OEM GS-R bearings?
No I'm rebuilding the entire thing. Honda's don't have just one size of bearings. There are like 8 different sizes, and there are corresponding numbers on the block, crank, and the rods

For example I came up with
CBBDB on the block for main bearings and 33323 on the crank. Add the 2 together and you get a bearing color, which is thicker or thinner depending on color for the perfect oil clearance. And by looking to see what I need I am likely to be in the ballpark if I start with what was in there to start with.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^ this is why I follow your builds. I learn a lot of useful info and you do great work.

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
No I'm rebuilding the entire thing. Honda's don't have just one size of bearings. There are like 8 different sizes, and there are corresponding numbers on the block, crank, and the rods

For example I came up with
CBBDB on the block for main bearings and 33323 on the crank. Add the 2 together and you get a bearing color, which is thicker or thinner depending on color for the perfect oil clearance. And by looking to see what I need I am likely to be in the ballpark if I start with what was in there to start with.
Oh gotcha, I had no idea there were different sizes. This kind of info is especially useful since I will be rebuilding mine soon. Post as many pics of the process as you can. :D

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice progress, I might need to pick at your brain a little whenever im putting my z6 together. lol

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Oh my goodness. I just bought all the engine internals and some other goodies. It sure made a dent in my checking account lol.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
for bearings and piston rings alone i spent 300!
Yeah you can imagine how much I spent then. I bought all new everything. Every gasket, including the head gasket, as well as new pumps, timing belt, and a new Itr valve cover.
But here's some new stuff my friend gave me. I had an Itr oil cap, but my friends on his CTR was nicer so he gave me it off his Jdm ITR engine that's in it.
Here's the jdm itr oil cap and a golden eagle cam seal.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh to only be single...

Sent from my Butthole using Fart power!

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Well here's what I got in the mail today. I had to pay extra shipping on it which made me a little unhappy, but it's the the bracket for using a D series AC compressor.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Well a few parts came in today. It was my Majestic Honda order for the internals of my GSR. I still have an Acura order out there somewhere. Here are a few pics of the parts I ordered. Pretty much every seal.

And I also got the "DOHC VTEC" sticker that comes off an EM1. They will go on my rear door. The upside is that they were really cheap. Like $8 a piece.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Diggin it

Sent from my Butthole using Fart power!

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Hell yeah man! Going hard at it this weekend?
Maybe. I brought my side skirts and front lip home so I can work on them Sunday and possibly Monday. I've been working on the side skirts in the later half of my lunch breaks. Those things had a lot of cracks in them. I got them from someone in Malaysia. I knew the shape before I ordered them but since they were there and for sale I had to have them. I'll get pics when I'm done with them. I've had to repair like 6-7 places on each side skirt. There are only 2 cracks on the front lip. It's in pretty good shape.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Are you fiber glassing them or what?
No that would be sub par. They are plastic and should be fixed with plastic. Fiberglass is brittle. I'm using a type of panel bond I haven't used before. It's just a different brand than I'm used to but I like it. It's more fluid, but faster drying. It also sands better. But with the substrate material and panel bond, along with proper v-ing and sanding, the repair is very reliable. It won't crack, or let go of the plastic.