new here, check out my EJ6!

maximusmda

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey clean ads ride but what did u do with your lip
lip was a garbage ebay lip... eventually im going to be getting a SIR lip.. oem is the way to be... right now im just focused on getting my ITR swap done.. should be in and driving by the end of this weekend... the weather is completely clear here and i talked to the shipping company this morning.. it will be coming tomorrow morning im stoked! stay tuned for a mega update people.. it should be good.

maximusmda

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Lol I meant for the b16 that ur takin out are u sellin it? Im in the process of buildin my hatch. I had a gsr ej8 but fukkin thieves got to it. Gotta start on a new project. O by the way nice ass car. Wish I can do all of that lol.
im gonna find another shell for the b16.. i cant seem to part ways with it.. it runs too dam well.. lol

maximusmda

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
alright folks, here is is as promised.. a big huge mega update.... so here's the scoop;

when doing the swap we ran into a handfull of problems we were not expecting... the new edelbrock header i bought didn't end up bolting up to my exhaust.. the flange was oposite of what it was supposed to be.. so i ended up having to run the stock ITR header.. but then i ran into the problem of the 2.5 inch collector... i called a friend who usually has alot of honda parts lying around and he had a password jdm adjustable cat that had a 2.5 inch collector.. so that was a save of the day... got everything all bolted in and went to hook up my clutch lines and realised the hard line setup was completely different on the ITR trans... had to swap out all the hard lines out with all the brackets... not to big a deal.. then we found out that the throttle cable bracket needed to be swapped to the SI one.. all in all it went pretty smoothly... got it all bolted in and realised we forgot to put the intake manifold support bracket back on... was a PITA putting it on with the engine in!!! oh well..

the motor runs well.. however i still need to hookup the o2 sensors and get an oem shift linkage pin (running a nut and bolt right now and the linkage is extreamly sloppy). also need to tune the TPS sensor and i should be good to go.

motor pulls very hard on the top end... not as much bottom end torque as i was expecting... but maybe once i get the o2's put in and the tps tune it'll run a bit better.. we'll see.

so heres some pics...