New Interior Begins!!!

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
96 EK said:
No. I mean we used a spray dye. It's just like spray paint but it sticks better than normal paint. It etches itself in the plastic. The actual material is different.
i may try this in a couple months...but apparently my 00 black coupy came with a pretty dark interior so i am happy for now.

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i'm interested in doing the interior pieces to my car...any clue how much the dye cost and where to get it? i'm thinking that with a white car, a black interior would be bangin

aaren99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
96 EK said:
No. I mean we used a spray dye. It's just like spray paint but it sticks better than normal paint. It etches itself in the plastic. The actual material is different.
Are you able to tell if the black dye will scratch off? very interested in doing this now since my old beater comes with PLUM interior.

blk96ex

HONDA OWNER
5+ Year Member
What did she use to clean the surface of all the panels and dash?

BrakeLights

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
blk96ex said:
What did she use to clean the surface of all the panels and dash?
96 EK said:
Actually my friend wanted to dye it herself. I think she wants to work alone and not have any help...haha. It is real easy though. She said she took some Castle Window cleaner and cleaned it real good and dyed the interior. (Can of SEM 15243 Satin Black) It only took her about 3 days to get everything done. I mean dying all the plastic, covering and stitching the seats and putting it back together. I didn't remove the dash to paint it. She took off the side pieces and dyed them seperately and taped everything else up.
Hope that helps ;)

96 EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
aaren99 said:
Are you able to tell if the black dye will scratch off? very interested in doing this now since my old beater comes with PLUM interior.

It does come off sorta easy. I accidently hit my foot on the door panel getting out and now there is a grey streak where myfoot hit. I have to touch it up a bit though...no biggy. There is a product by SEM, the company that made the dye we used on my car, that's called Sand Free. Use the Sand Free before you dye the pieces and it will give the dye more of a "bite" and etch itself deeper into the plastic. Using Sand Free will make the dye stronger and less likely to flake off.

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The door panels look good but the quality of the seats look awful.

fitbmx1986

speed safely
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
black interiors are sick, im going to get my seats done in black and red stitching someday to my 5th gen. it sucks in the summer though just a warning. your shift knob will probably actually burn your hand haha

96 EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
fitbmx1986 said:
black interiors are sick, im going to get my seats done in black and red stitching someday to my 5th gen. it sucks in the summer though just a warning. your shift knob will probably actually burn your hand haha

It does!! That thing gets hot!!! haha