not feeling the boost

AjPetrarca23

5+ Year Member
i hooked up my boost guage today and its not going past 1psi. the guage works fine and im not even really feeling that much boost. just to see what happens i blocked off the wastegate and still didnt feel anyhting. i dont know if my turbo is not wrokin right or what. there are no air leaks in the piping so idk what it could be.

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think one of your pipes arent connected. check the boost tube that goes straight to the turbo..

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:what:

codyllee

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Diaphram of the BOV is stuck open? Vaccume lines hooked up right?

AjPetrarca23

5+ Year Member
the bov is shut. i just have to check the intake mani lines to make sure there all correct. i put on a skunk2 intake as part of my turbo install. maybe mixed one up. but you think just that would do it?

AjPetrarca23

5+ Year Member
is there a certain way to mount the intercooler. is there a specific flow direction or does it not matter. just another thing im thinking of.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
sounds like you have a boost leak somewhere man.

Is your gauge hooked up right..?

AjPetrarca23

5+ Year Member
yeah the guage is hooked in right. tomorrow im gonna check every pipe from the turbo to the intake mani and see whats going on. it cant be the turbo not workin cuz i can hear it spooling up and i took off the air filter to see if its sucking in and its takin in air good.

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Even if you have a vacuum leak you should still be seeing more than 1 psi. Absolutely positive you have the boost gauge hooked up correctly? Have another gauge you could try out?

Sounds like you have some disconnected tubing or a malfunctioning wastegate.

You sure the wastegate is closing fully?

AjPetrarca23

5+ Year Member
im felling some boost but not much. the wastegate hasnt even got the chance to open up yet. i hooked up the guage to a vaccume line is there a certian one to go from.

AliasNeo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
check all the couplers are tight. how do you have it hooked up to the turbo? mine pops off from here all the time...

AjPetrarca23

5+ Year Member
external. today i took off the pipe connecting to the throttle body and reved up and cold air is pushing right through hard. so it has to be getting in the engine. its just not makin power. idk whats up w/ it

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
post your setup, so we know what to look for. what wastegate? what spring, boost controller? if you have a cheap filter make sure the center of the cone hasnt broken away from the filter and sucked into the snail.

Almighty-Si

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There are only 2 things I can think of.

1) Is your wastegate is stuck open or opening when it gets any kind of pressure at the bottom of it (What kind is it?)

2) There is a crack in one of your couplers that is seperating under boost.

Pull the wastegate and push the bottom of it or if you can get a vacum pump from the auto parts and hook it to the opposite end of the line going to your wastegate and put pressure in it and see if it opens. If you can push it easy or when you hook the vac line to the pump pressure and it opens with a couple pumps it's most like a bad wategate spring or diaphram. If it takes a bit of tension or a few pumps then (the pump has a gauge so it should open when you get to spring pressure) then it's good and I would check all couplers for cracks.

If I had to guess I would say it's the wastegate.