not feeling the boost

AjPetrarca23

5+ Year Member
taped a piece of wood over it and drove it up the street just to see if it did anything. ive been messing with a bunch of things and im starting to think i just need a tune to really feel it.

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
taped a piece of wood over it and drove it up the street just to see if it did anything. ive been messing with a bunch of things and im starting to think i just need a tune to really feel it.
tuning wont fix it. what spring is in your wastegate? and do you have a boost controller?

Almighty-Si

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Has to be a boost leak. If you taped a piece of wood on the wastegate and it didnt blow off when you drove it that means it never opened.

Take off all your couplers and inspect each one carefully. Pull them, pinch them and make sure there are no cracks. If they are all good reinstall them. Make sure the BOV isn't opening under pressure. If that stays closed while its trying to spool, then the only other thing I can think of would be to replace the intercooler with a piece of pipe and see what happens. It may be possible that your boost is leaking from there.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
are you sure you manifold isnt cracked?

lkailburn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yikes 4 pages? can you post an update here, i'll read through that and help you out

-Luke

codyllee

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
seriously? post something helpful or dont post at all.

OP- have you had the wastegate apart? have you tried a boost controller?
:slap: that was helpful...ebay kits have inconsistent flaws. Who is to say there isn't a uneven seal between any of those gaskets? Or a leaking bov? Or a leaking wastegate? Or a tiny slit in a coupler?

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:slap: that was helpful...ebay kits have inconsistent flaws. Who is to say there isn't a uneven seal between any of those gaskets? Or a leaking bov? Or a leaking wastegate? Or a tiny slit in a coupler?
pointing out that its an ebay kit isnt helpful at all. if all of those above things hold true, then the OP is obviously lying to us. he said he has check all of that stuff...

the dude said "its cause its an ebay turbo kit." apparently thats the reason why its boosting only 2 psi.

get real. provide legit information or dont post at all.

AjPetrarca23

5+ Year Member
i put a pipe in place of the intercooler adn felt some differecne. i took the wastegate apart and its fine. and all the couplers are on tight so slices. ima make that boost leak tester tomorrow.

Almighty-Si

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i put a pipe in place of the intercooler adn felt some differecne. i took the wastegate apart and its fine. and all the couplers are on tight so slices. ima make that boost leak tester tomorrow.
What did the boost gauge read with the pipe in place of the intercooler?

Also as Sorchsta mentioned plug that end of the vac T near the firewall if it isn't already. Test the BOV as well see if it's opening under load. Throw a condom on the horn and drive it down the block with the hood off see if it blows up before you let off the throttle.

Also try taking off that small filter you have on the comp housing.

AjPetrarca23

5+ Year Member
its a clear line coming from the T thats why it looks like that. and im getting a blow off it just not that loud. and i tried the condom today and it was fine. only i used a plastic bad with a rubber band. i also replaced the filter with a much better one and added a pipe so its furthur from the heat.

AjPetrarca23

5+ Year Member
the guage read 3psi. but do need to use a very small line for my boost guage cuz im using a hose the same size as my other vac. lines

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
seriously? post something helpful or dont post at all.
LOL.
Quit your bitchin, cowboy.

This guy needs help with his turbo. He doesn't feel boost. Look at the setup? I'm not bashing on anyone, not even you. I'm here to state the facts, that when you buy no-name ebay turbo products, you will run into problems.
As Codyllee said..
Fake blow off valves? They leak.
Fake wastegates? HEY! They leak too.
Fake turbo's? I'm not even gonna go there.

My advice to AjPetrarca23 is to buy a intake pressure tester. Slap it on your turbo, and fill the whole charge piping setup with compressed air, and listen for leaks. Its a helpful tool, if its related to boost leak. :thumbs up

My friend ran a GREAT setup on his car. Name-branded stuff, except the turbo. That was his mistake..
He ONLY reaches 5lbs of boost, and thats IF he gets there. So, yes. I do know how ebay turbo's act up. Keep that in mind, slambed_civic.