not feeling the boost

RKSskier

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
honestly I dont know if I would ever use an ebay no name turbo or wastegate, but still, it doesnt mean that they won't build boost. IMO there's a good chance the ebay turbo wont last as long, and may not be made with the same quality as others, but I highly doubt a new one is going to only make 3 psi. And there really are alot of people that use ebay turbos, wastegates, and bovs and have no trouble. Wastegates and bovs are pretty simple, and even if not perfect in quality can still do a good enough job most likely. The only issue I have with the wastegate is that IF it goes your screwed. And the bovs..... Well I have one on my car, and it works just as well as the name brand one would. (and if it stops working, it won't blow my whole setup)

Anyways like people have mentioned, try to test for leaks with a tester and figure out whats up. Did you used hard silicone couplers and the metal clamps, or the somewhat softer couplers and t-clamps? That could make a diff. I know I prob overdid it on mine, but I wanted to know i wouldnt have any leaks, and I tightened the crap out of t bolt clamps with some softer couplers and so far so good.

best of luck, and let us know

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LOL.
Quit your bitchin, cowboy.

This guy needs help with his turbo. He doesn't feel boost. Look at the setup? I'm not bashing on anyone, not even you. I'm here to state the facts, that when you buy no-name ebay turbo products, you will run into problems.
As Codyllee said..
Fake blow off valves? They leak.
Fake wastegates? HEY! They leak too.
Fake turbo's? I'm not even gonna go there.

My advice to AjPetrarca23 is to buy a intake pressure tester. Slap it on your turbo, and fill the whole charge piping setup with compressed air, and listen for leaks. Its a helpful tool, if its related to boost leak. :thumbs up

My friend ran a GREAT setup on his car. Name-branded stuff, except the turbo. That was his mistake..
He ONLY reaches 5lbs of boost, and thats IF he gets there. So, yes. I do know how ebay turbo's act up. Keep that in mind, slambed_civic.

posting what you posted wasnt helpful at all. your last post however was. if youre going to criticize something give reason or personal experience. if it is in fact the turbo, most ebay companies offer a one year warranty on that stuff. OP contact them and see what happened

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, I've read about the warranty. Which could be helpful.
But before you can say its your turbo, do buy a intake pressure tester. If you dont know what it is, its just a small cap, with a tire valve stem on the end, and put together with a silicone reducer. It helps as far as finding if you do in fact have a boost leak somewhere.

Then, if you find out you have absolutely NO boost leak through the chargepiping setup, go on to the next things, like the manifold being cracked, or not a proper seal between the manifold and turbo. If that all checks out, then it has to be the turbo.

If that turbo has warranty, get it replaced and try again.

Okie dokie...I posted a legitimate comment.

lol :lol:

dagajdm

5+ Year Member
i read all 5 pages and im sure everyone went over almost everything that could be wrong..but check the line for the boost gauge..it happened to me..it was reading 3 psi...make sure the line is straight and that it reads vacumm freely...
wats ur reading for vacum..it should be between 19 or 20