Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
RACEKOR!

Coming along really nice man!
That side profile, dayumn...
Thanks guys!!

Here's a few more. The car is finally underway of the subframe swap so I'll post pics of the progress!

Also installed my rear wiper again lol. Took it off years ago but decided to put it on again for the time being.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
youre going to love that HICAS delete.

BTW, do you happen to have any 2g RX7 parts kicking around still?

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm already loving it! haha. As far as the FC parts, I don't man sorry!

Made some progress over the weekend, got the non hicas subframe completely stripped and ready for the burning of the bushings. Got my HICAS subframe out of the car, and everthing I need off of it.

My torch died before I could burn them out, so we're doing that this week. So to kill time I finally took out my ABS booster, MC, module and lines. Installed my non-ABS booster, mc etc and got that all taken care of. Cleaned the bay up so much!

Will update with pics soon!

EDIT: Here's one pic I snagged haha. With my fancy new garage lighting! Just need to install the two rear lights to shine it up. Hopefully within the next week or so I'll have all my drywall/insulation to finish it up and paint it!

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Finished with the ABS delete and HICAS removal. All new bushings, suspension arms etc. Can't wait to drive it!

All the crap I removed. Doesn't include the hicas pump and lines up front and the ABS module

No more HICAS! I was going to cleanup the subframe but I decided to just go without it.

New tension rods up front as well. I had to cut that bolt out from the existing OEM tension rod since it was rusted/seized in there, so that's why there's no bolt. I'll get replacement bolts for those tomorrow!

Replaced my front OEM studs with ARP extended studs as well.

Ordering my Chasebays power steering line kit today, so hopefully within a week or so I'll have power steering to the front wheels only...the way it should be!

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Right now one of the best builds on here, but I'd just delete the power steering ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Right now one of the best builds on here, but I'd just delete the power steering ;)

Thanks man! I love power steering too much, and with my car being as heavy as it is, I miss it!

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks man! I love power steering too much, and with my car being as heavy as it is, I miss it!

Sounds like a good enough reason to put it in then to me

Any other big plans?

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mainly right now it's just getting the suspension tied up, sending my rear Apexi coils off to get a rebuild. Once all that's finished, I finally get to save/order the last few things for my exterior and get the thing a proper paint job. Hopefully those will come later this year!

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ordered a clutch line kit and two new 4 gauge battery cables from Chasebays. Hopefully those show up fairly soon after my power steering setup comes in!

Finally wired in my slim fans as well

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Got the car an eye alignment, bled the brakes and did a few other cool things. Took it for it's first spin with no ABS and no hicas and it feels like a new car! I can't wait to get a proper alignment!

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That picture looks sweet.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Good to see the progress. Nice J's poster!
That picture looks sweet.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3
Thanks guys! Slow progress but at least it's progress eh?

Well, fixed a few things today along with re-looming my subharness. When I got this motor, the wires were literally bare, along with some crimped connectors and I even came across two wires twisted together with no solder or connector...

So, here's what I started with:
\

I'm honestly surprised the thing worked lol. Plus the sub harness is what hooks up the alternator, starter, knock sensor and transmission sensors to the main harness. It's a pretty big deal!

After a few hours, here's the outcome. All new loom, heatshrink and some electrical tape on the portions where I didn't have large enough heat shrink.

I placed an order for some more loom, so once that comes in I'll get to the rest of the engine harness.

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My buddy finally got his car painted. He took it to a fellow drifter who works at a body shop, and charged him very little compared to shop prices. He got all body work done, dents removed, hail damage fixed, fiberglass work etc. I talked with his painter and I believe I'll be going to him when the time comes for mine to get sprayed =)

Here's what it looked like before if any of you remember. It was partially taken apart for paint in the photo obviously lol

Here it is now!

And one with both cars lol

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeesssiirr!

I'm slowly taking the car further and further away from home...drove it around for about an hour the other day. I don't want to be overprotective but it's just tough since the car has been down for years and I've done so many different things...I want to make sure the car is 100% safe! haha.

But all seems to be good, alignment scheduled tomorrow!