RonJ request for OGs Genuine Rolla, hooked_on4, NOFX, shiznit, TonyM, handlebars

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
car wise... got the Mustang running then unfortunately decided I could not completely finish it because I need a reliable normal car to get around.. cool car but just bad timing.. so the Mustang is pretty much sold.. over the next couple months I hope to pick up a GTI..or a GLI (MKIV)

life wise... I moved about 4 hours away to PA (from NJ) I am starting to interview for new jobs... I moved to PA with the girl that I met on clubcivic we got engaged last year and will be getting married over the next couple years once we straighten out our daily lives (work and all that)

spent the last 4 months snowboarding 2-3 times weekly.. really helped clear my head, and helped get me ready for some serious work...

over all things are great... a little stressed about finding work.. but besides that things could not be better...

how is clubcivic going?

since it is now 2012 and having my join date be that is no longer interesting.. please ask Justin to change it to something else... I forget what my actual join date was but whatever..

hope al is well..
Congratulations Anthony. ;)

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I was just thinking... Where is REDBONE? I have not talked to Andy in such a long ass time! Is he buried somewhere in the AZ desert?

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sent the link on fb a while ago, looks like John (rand0m) doesn't want to join the fun :???:

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks all is really good this site was a huge part of my life.. and even played into where I am at in life now.. it will always be important to me.. to know that I essentially met my fiance because of it.. that is crazy... my fiance has made me realize how grossly incompatible I am with my exwife.. lol it is nice to finally be really happy..

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
omg i think i;m guna cry a little ;)

i wish your sig was too big so i could report you to yourself.

also hope things go well with your new lady friend.

also i found you a new family vehicle!

;)

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Anthony balls so hard mothafuckas wanna find him... lol

x007den

New User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lots of names i remember, gonna read through this and reminisce.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So I forgot about this thread...

So far I haven't seen anyone I don't remember unless they're a noob.
And the winnAR is AMELIA!! ♥

Jezek's fruity ass with a pretty close second although he only hit me up today because I pocket mms'd his fruity ass. :evil:
A winnar is me.

Wait, we're giving out cell phone numbers now?
I have always loved Amelia, ALWAYS. :P
Such a f***ing liar!

I SO am not depressed. I feel great lately. Super good mood, active, been hanging out with lots of new people and old friends. Life's good. :D

Eran . . u better be hiding. :lol:
He posts on here sometimes. Don't think he lurks too much, but maybe.
So Amelia about that prize... :lol:
No thanks. My prize is laying right next to me right now. Nom.
If Amelia declines, I'll gladly fill in for any prize receiving lol.
I pre-declined.
Oh, so now you're just giving them out to anyone.

Well, unlike most, I guess I have still not quite grown up, if you will. Just living life. :Raza:

I still have the coupe, the second coupe, that I had while being on here last and still modding it. I know Amelia does also.

p.s. Amelia is looking forward to that prize. I know because, well, I love her. :lol:

p.p.s. Jezek, are you trying to say Connie has manly hands? :shock:
I have zero urge to grow up. I'm with a guy who just got excited because I described to him how much I've been wanting to do more cross country (and other long-distance) trips for a few years. Apparently he's had th same inclination. That's f***ing awesome.

Yes, I still have the coupe. Yes, it's just as clean as it ever was. Yes, it's even better than it was before.

Oh, and I have a CRX now and went through a few more Hondas. Thought about parting the Civic, but it's hard to part ways with her. Also a lot of work a this point. I would never sell it as it is.

p.s. No I'm not. Even if you do. You don't even know me! :cry:

p.p.s. Yes? :scurred:
My husband doesn't call my hands "bear claws" for nothing... :lol: It's cheaper than buying a wrench.
:scurred:
You won't be able to use this link unless you've been here for a minimum of 5 years and have made at least 4,000 posts:
http://www.clubcivic.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=214
f***ing awesome. Thank you! This is a much needed addition imo. Glad to see it. This might attract back a few more OGs even.
And even fewer than me! In fact is there a member that has posted in here that joined before me? riceangel, amej8, seanjohn, Team4r, handlebarsfsr, and rice4brains (Thats right... i use OG names) are the only members i can think of off the top of my head
I'm FB friends with Mike, but I can't remember the last time we talked. :(
Oh and anfery and nofx both were def part of that OG group I new I was forgetting people... I'm sure there's plenty more.
:hi:

I know you were around before me, so sometime in 2003 for your join date sounds about right to me.

Anyone remember terceltyler?

since it is now 2012 and having my join date be that is no longer interesting.. please ask Justin to change it to something else... I forget what my actual join date was but whatever..
Based on the people who have member ID numbers before and after yours, you joined 06-24-2004.
why were ppl altering their join dates in the first place?

Tom - 01-25-1979
Rand0m - 07-18-1981
NYGraFFit1 - 12-31-1969
builthatch - 03-20-1979
42steps - 05-24-1986
$lick Rick - 12-04-1984
I never got it. :shrug:

Tom - 12-10-2003
Rand0m - 10-21-2003
NYGraFFit1 - 06-13-2008
builthatch - 03-30-2006
42steps - 01-24-2004
$lick Rick - 12-04-2003

pretty sure it was in the 1970s...

as far as the girl.. it was a girl who dated some guy on clubcivic..
lol

her name is Tara there was a big thread about it here where he figured out we were dating and was all pissed..
lol Guess it's just the way it works with this site. Date a guy from ClubCivic. Never date another guy again.

I vaguely remember the stuff about a thread like that, but couldn't be sure. There was something similar with a chick on H-T that flew to Canada to hang out with some guy, turned out she was is wasn't cheating on her boyfriend back home (all these people were on the forum and the chick's name was Amy, which is why I remember any of this at all, because people bring it up to me thinking I'm her). So I might be remembering that situation. Not sure. I could have been gone from here by the time that thread popped up.
I dont recommend a mk4, they are wiring disasters. even stock ones. rear defrosters melt the harness goign to the rear, tail lights have issues in their wiring with going out, and the harness to the license plates have issues. abs sensors go bad a lot too, and there are more

where did you move to in PA? i know we were talking about the bloomsburg area, im in willliamsport now
All my VW friends recommend against mk3s. The mk4 Jettas seem okay. Only real issue I can think of that a friend had was issues with an automatic transmission and then his timing jumped. He's far from the only person I know with a mk4 though.

I guess I get that they're VW people and a certain amount of wiring issues are automatically ignored. Prhaps simply thought of as maintenance costs.
Sunday the E-Brake cable broke, Monday evening when I was on my way to class it started running real rough. Took it in. Here is the list

-Bad fuel pump relay
-Bad EVAP sensor
-Bad thermostat (knew about)
-Rear driver brake caliper seized
-E-Brake cable disconnect in the center console
-Bad front passenger CV Joint / Bad boot
-Bad front passenger tie rod end

All of that replaced, parts, labor, and front alignment is costing around $1800 from the stealership.
So did all of that break at once due to poor design?

Btw, Firestone does lifetime alignments still. Pay for it once (I don't think it was more than $150 for lifetime) and every time you go in with that car afterward there's no charge. I have it for both my current cars.

I understand bringing a car in for some service, but damn, there's just some stuff (CELs, sensor replacement, etc.) that I just can't see wasting the money on. I don't need anyone to charge me a flat hourly fee for book time on a job. Maybe if they're quoting me fifteen minutes/$75 an hour on a CV axle. :P

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^ you w1n t3h prize for biggest post quote evAr lol

mugengirl

original mugen whore
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I talk to SkinnyJDM almost everyday... he's going to my wedding in July.

Just read through this thread, lots of old names. Glad everyone seems to be doing well.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So many OG's..i guess i'd be considered an OG but then i never left the site haha

why no love for that TURBOEG(i forgot the rest of his sn) guy to come back? =)

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
damn it lol ive been here more than 5 yeasr but majority of posts are in off topic so they dont count.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So many OG's..i guess i'd be considered an OG but then i never left the site haha

why no love for that TURBOEG(i forgot the rest of his sn) guy to come back? =)
i never really left either :what: