The Prime'd Bastard

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well I would much prefer to keep you in the civic scene lol, and yeah I kinda agree with Hendo, I like the raw simplicity of my civic. No abs, no A/C, barely any sound dampening, and light as hell. Makes driving that much more fun lol. I say either try saving up for a good hatch, or buy something cheap but not modded and work your way up. Engine shouldn't matter all that much since your definitely gonna want to swap it anyway. Hell maybe you can just find a clean shell and just drop the engine from this civic into it, then part out the good parts of this civic.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, I will be staying in the civic scene. Integras are just too costly at this point. My job doesn't pay enough to save for a reasonable amount of time to get one. I do wanna stay 92-95 and I want another hatch. I'm not going sedan though, maybe coupe if I can't find a hatch. I don't like the sedan body. As for swapping this engine into a shell, I'm not sure, because I don't have a hoist or the equipment to remove it. I would like to keep my invidia cat back, so if I do manage to get a decent price, ill grab a stock exhaust from a junkyard or Craigslist. I have to really think things over on what I want to do. I got time, and lots of it.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im sure theres CC ppl near you that would help you lift the engine but yeah I know how hard it must be if you don't have the right tools. Just think it over bro, but for now just save up as much as you can.

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You've gotta put Craigsnotification on your phone, or save a search for "Honda Civic" on your computer, I'm tellin you. I watched my area Craigslist for months, deleting anything newer than 2000 or older than 1990 right away, regardless of mileage, condition or price. Stick to your guns and get exactly what you want. Don't get a different model because it's cheap and clean. While you wait, just part your car out, it'll ultimately get you the maximum amount of money out of it even if it's a pain. Patience, Daniel-san XD

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, I've kinda forgotten about the car lately. I took my mind off of it because I'm not exactly sure what Im doing with it. I kinda wanna part it out, but I'm not sure. I like the y7 that's in it, but then again it scares me sometimes, so I think I'll start taking it apart and sell the parts. Is craigsnotification for android? I had Craigslist app but it doesn't work very well. And I found a really nice b20 vtec swapped 4dr charcoal integra for $3k. Swap had all the papers done right, little rust, extremely clean. I'm 2 grand short. haha. http://allentown.craigslist.org/cto/2506315629.html

Or i can stay automatic for $1500 and pick up this clean ass Teg http://allentown.craigslist.org/cto/2533718245.html

Honestly, I better think quick cause my mom is gonna start getting pissed paying for this car haha. She'll be mad that I'm not gonna fix it. Lol. I don't care. I want another god damn hatch lol. (Or integra. Teehee) Going 5spd this time, I'll learn when I buy the car haha.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you can get integras and civics in the same price range

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Idk, I only seem to find decent integras for $4K+ but the two up there were pretty good.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well when you get the money ready, tell me. i know a lot of people and can find one for under 4

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Alright. I am going to part the car out, but i gotta talk to my mom about it since she pays for the insurance.

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sounds like a good plan, just take our time, don't settle for shitty deals, and save every dime you make off it lol.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah, its worth paying a bit more for a car with less headaches and problems

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yup. I'm gonna make sure i do this right. All the money from the civic is going in the bank as soon as I can get it there.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hahahaha, Fart can my ass. Anyways, thread jacking aside I'm gonna throw an ad up for the part out maybe this weekend. She still runs good haha. I'm kinda thinking I should just pull the D and throw it in a clean shell. I might actually do it if I can get an old friend from work to lend me his hoist and engine stand.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, that's true haha. I'm gonna look for a shell, but I probably won't find any automatic shells.

MugenRR

Banned
u should keep the d, if i can get a d series i would instead of my engine. less gas,less weight, u can still make em as fast as any b,k,h series actually faster.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm not sure what I'm doing right now. I'm tired of automatic, so I might just part the entire thing out, including the D, and save for a little while, and then jump on a decent 5spd hatch with a D or B i don't care, just something with a little pull.