THEDARKONE"S Cheap Build Thread

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
How'd it go? Did you get the clutch finished up?
yea i did the guide said 4 hours i don't have air and this is the frist major thing i do to my car i started at 8 saturday and i did not finish till 11 pm putting it in was a bigger b***h to line it up and the rear mount was not being friendly it was hard to line it up but other then that im glad i got it done and no grinding and the gear engages smoothly!

heres a teaser till i get back i have to help my sisters BF install his oil pan ill take pics of that too ^.^

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Good job dude. Even if you think that took a while, it was still much faster than I did mine.

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
Good job dude. Even if you think that took a while, it was still much faster than I did mine.
how long did it take you?

TOOLS

Jacked BTW i hate my lip but my car looks naked with out it! only if i had a job and money :cry:

NICE! but fly wheel bolts were a pain because i have no air :lol:

Me being a little nerd
I have bad farmers tan lol it was getting late, this was around 7pm

The next morning i decided to take a pic of the old clutch disc

the disc is not that bad but the flywheel and pressure plate were burned :shock:

the OLD flywheel!

OH and the old pressure plate and clutch disc was a VALEO I dont know if thats a good or bad thing, but Im glad Im done :D

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice work bro!

Sent from my Butthole using Fart power!

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Woot for you! I have to do this again when I get back to upgrade the brand new clutch lol

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Good job man. And yes lining it up was a b***h for me as well.

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
how long did it take you?
About a month only working on weekends haha. It was literally the first time I ever opened the hood of a car.

B.T.W the old pressure plate and clutch disc was a VALEO i dont know if thats good! but im glad im done :D
I know Valeo makes some of Honda's headlights even though most are made by Stanley. I thought Exedy made the OEM clutches, but I guess Valeo does too.

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
Nice work bro!

Sent from my Butthole using Fart power!
Not bad considering you being in h.s and broke glwb.
yea if you say so thanks it means alot

Woot for you! I have to do this again when I get back to upgrade the brand new clutch lol
good luck my friend heres the link:

http://www.honda-acura.net/forums/do-it-yourself/139802-civic-flywheel-clutch-install-58-pics.html

Good job man. And yes lining it up was a b**** for me as well.
yea i was like how am i going to do this the tranny is not to heavy but after holding it for 30 sec it begains to wear you down

About a month only working on weekends haha. It was literally the first time I ever opened the hood of a car.

damn :shock: i need to follow your build i know its kind of on standstill because of college

I know Valeo makes some of Honda's headlights even though most are made by Stanley. I thought Exedy made the OEM clutches, but I guess Valeo does too.
damn :shock: i need to follow your build i know its kind of on standstill because of college

well im not too sure this is the clutch that came on the car when my moms BF sold this car to my mom he said it had a auto to manual swap :what:

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

well im not too sure this is the clutch that came on the car when my moms BF sold this car to my mom he said it had a auto to manual swap :what:
Haha its a standstill now, but once I get back I will tear into it again.

I was trying to show you that you learn quickly. 1.5 years ago, I could barely replace the clutch and now I'm rebuilding my engine haha.

In that case I'm not to sure. Maybe its just a coincidence...

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
yea even i don't know if this car was really an auto to manual swap just because my moms EX BF said so i guess he herd it from the owner of the car :D

is there a way to find out?

well anyways today i got meniscus surgery so i don't have school till Monday :party2:

Oh and my sister gave me this!!! ( i told her i needed money to go with my friends i lied)

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Getting money where ever you can find it I see lol.

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
Getting money where ever you can find it I see lol.

yea right now i want to save up for a SIR lip from jdmland.com AKA icbmotorsport.com

but there are other issues to attend to like i don't have an air bag i found out my cable reel is broken so i need an DK gray air bag, cable reel and a DK gray steering wheel ;) because the one i have is the lighter one!

but i think the next thing im going buy is some lug nuts 2 of my wheels only have 3 so junk yard find them put it in my pocket and walk away :D

and windshield wiper switch because mine is broken and the windshield wiper don't stop moving :(

You could check the VIN number to see if the chasis was originally auto or manual.

It will be the seventh position of the VIN.

1-manual
2-auto

See for yourself:

http://hondaswap.com/general-tech-articles/decoding-vin-numbers-29059/
yup 1HGEJ6121TL010580

from what i understand the last 6 numbers is the production so mine was the 10580 civic made ;)

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I didn't use air for my flywheel bolts... wasn't too hard :what:

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
I didn't use air for my flywheel bolts... wasn't too hard :what:

well that is because your a guy trapped inside a girls body your strong :suprise:

no but seriously did you use anything to hold the fly wheel? because the issue i had was that the crank shaft kept on spinning!

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well that is because your a guy trapped inside a girls body your strong :suprise:

no but seriously did you use anything to hold the fly wheel? because the issue i had was that the crank shaft kept on spinning!
If I remember correctly I think I put a breaker bar on the crank pulley bolt and either had someone stand on it or had it wedged into the ground.... But I can't remember exactly.

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
UPDATES!!!!

non lol

my mom bought this so i can check her tire pressure

THINGS TO DO
1 windshild wiper switch
2 new wheel (momo montecarlo same as spoon) or airbag
3 get rid of them stupied pedals that add 10 HP and get OEM ones
4 OEM floormats
5 Theses seats are stupied!!!

Side shot ;) BTW you can tell the Quarter panel and the door are different colors!