Unknown Head Swap: Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

daltonshirley68

Come on guys answer I need to know what head that is so I know what parts I need to get for the distributor

Sent from my SM-G530R4 using Tapatalk

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The head on my jdm d15b is a po8-1 which head is that
Come on guys answer I need to know what head that is so I know what parts I need to get for the distributor
You posted on a Sunday morning, when many people are out and about, possibly with their families. In all that time you could've taken just 1 minute to google it and you'd have your answer within all 5 first results. Go do so and you'll have your answer.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, if you'd read more responses you'd come to the conclusion that you have the correct matching head, so from here on out just search anything to do with the D15B engine.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Of course. Its all matching, so that's one less headache to worry about. That's an excellent engine too. Get it all running properly, make sure all the sensors are connected, and confirm it has the correct ECU as you've already been suggested on how to do so.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Yes it has the right ecu.and now I just have to get the vtech hooked up

VTEC.

If you can't figure out how to use the internet, then you either need to dump this car or take it to a mechanic. EVERYTHING to fix a civic is on the internet, I mean everything. If you do not have the ability to look up information and follow instructions then you can not work on a car. Hell I don't know how you can get through life without those two skills.

Reactions: HeX

daltonshirley68

How much do you think a mechanic would charge to do something like that and would just a regular mechanic do it

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
A honda-specific tuner shop should have an easier time reconnecting it, but any reputable mechanic shop can do it.

daltonshirley68

Hi guys I am having trouble with my 92 honda civic hatchback cx staying started.it will ideal but when I go to move it shuts off I think it has to do with my battery not for sure

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Get rid of that car and buy something reliable. This is like the 20th thread you've posted about this car that has almost zero info on the situation.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hi guys I am having trouble with my 92 honda civic hatchback cx staying started.it will ideal but when I go to move it shuts off I think it has to do with my battery not for sure.
Get rid of that car and buy something reliable. This is like the 20th thread you've posted about this car that has almost zero info on the situation.
Dalton, this is at least the third or fourth time I've had to merge new threads (starting at #52) you keep creating that are still about the same topic. Once again, please stop creating unnecessary threads as you only hurt your chances at ever getting your car running properly. When someone reads the history of your issues, that gives them the understanding to provide a better answer while avoiding repetitive questions.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Have you done anything about your previous issues? You cant ignore previous issues and expect to resolve further arising issues. I believe its time you just take your car to a mechanic.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok. What exactly did you do to fix the issues? When was it resolved?

daltonshirley68

Only thing I didn't fix is hooking the vtech up because I don't have any money for a mechanic

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Then you didnt fix your issues, so don't be surprised that you have other issues coming up. Its highly likely that's its all related. I understand that finances are an issue, but effort is free and so is all the advice offered in this forum that you sought out. So once again, what did you fix?

daltonshirley68

Well when it first started acting up I fix that problem.and replace plugs and wires put new fuse in and put a new ingntion module in the distributor because that was my problem the first time it was acting up and now when I go to leave it shuts off

Status
Not open for further replies.