Unknown Head Swap: Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

daltonshirley68

I mean if there isn't a clip and wire in the ecu for it then I will have to track down the pin for it and I was told those are hard to fine

Sent from my SM-G530R4 using Tapatalk

dancam

Registered VIP
Why would that make a difference I thought all that was was for fuel economy

Lol.
It depends if its stuck 'on' or 'off'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daltonshirley68

It's not hooked up at all and I can't fine a good digram for it.i have the jdm d15b engine with a d15b head and I believe it's got the po8 ecu might be the p28 I can't remember.but the vtech not hooked up

daltonshirley68

And idk even see the wire to hook it up under the hood all I see is the wire coming off of the solenoid

daltonshirley68

I just talked to a local mechanic that know honda and he said that the vtech not being hooked up ain't no big deal and that he wouldn't touch it.and I can't fine anyone around me to hook it up

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So it looks like I am stuck on my own hooking it up

Youre better off. Its learning time. No self-respecting mechanic would say any engine is fine with disconnected without a clear intention. I think he BS'd you.

daltonshirley68

My thing is I don't think the wire harness is set up for vtech so I will have to pull the ecu fine the pin to use and get the wire and run it I am just afraid I am going to mess something up which I can't afford no money and it's my dd.and I can't get the ecu unhook idk the what bolt size it is I have tried a couple and none fit to undo the bolts

daltonshirley68

Thank u guys for the help I will probably just leave it alone since it's not hurting anything right now

daltonshirley68

Got it hooked up.dont know if it's working can't tell.and my check engine light is still on so idk

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How did you suddenly get the vtec connected so quickly? The code will remain until you have it cleared.

daltonshirley68

How do I have it cleared and I got the stuff and hooked it up the harness already had the wire running to the ecu for the vtech just didn't have it running to the solenoid so I cut into the wire that ran to the ecu for the vtech solenoid and ran my own wire off that and hooked it to the solenoid.idk if it's working through I can't tell

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you hooked up a Vtech to your engine then that would be a problem being that Vtech is a brand of electronics that make wireless phones & more.

Valve
Timing
Electronic
Control

VTEC... no H anywhere in there.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Use our search bar or google and learn how to do it if you cant find a place to clear it for you. In your case, its probably best to disconnect the battery for about an hour which will completely reset the ECU and remap everything since your car has performed poorly for quite a while.

daltonshirley68

Do I need to unhook both sides of the battery and how does unhook the battery reprogram the ecu

Status
Not open for further replies.