wire tuck

CBURKE

"That's not my LEG"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The driver side is easy right? Did you have to extend the wires on that side or just cut and put back?

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i had to extend wires on BOTH sides....ill get pics tomorrow !!!!

trust me its more of a hassle then it looks lol ....ill be on day 4 tomorrow and im still workin on getting the wires into the cabin...... first i cut the wires about 3/4 of the way toward the FRONT (so their was more wire in the back of the bay to go into the cabin)....and then stuck the wires towards the BACk of the bay in thru the bottom hole into the cabin.....then i extended the wires towards the FRONT of the car..(make sure you take off front bumper and both fenders)...i then labeled the wires.....then next im going to loom them and then run them thru the fenders into the cabin.....its not to hard....but you need a lot of wire.....i had to buy like 5 40ft rolls of 18 gauge wire to make it work.....at like 5 bucks a piece so i spent around 25 bucks on wire....

for the drivers side .....i cut the wires the same way as the passanger.....but instead im going to drill a hole right below my vacuum manifold....( ive already checked to make sure it wasnt going to interfere with anything) .....and then run the wiring harness thru the firewall.....then i already extended the rights towards the FRONT of the car (like headlights, and other misc)......i labeled them....and then im going to loom them and run them the fender....then into the cabin......on the fender it already has holes for the wires to go thru into the cabin.....its actually quite nice....ill get pics !

i also moved around my injectors ....well atleast moved the resistor box to the inside as well.....theirs 2 wires on each injector.....one wire goes to a wiring harness behind the intake....and the other wire goes to the resistor box.....well the ones that go to the harness i just cut...and moved around.....the ones that go to the resistor box i had to cut.....extend about 2-3 feet.....and then moved them into the cabin.....their is also another 2 wires that connected into a power wire for the resistor box that i had to extend as well....

i still need to buy new terminals for the battery since im moving it to the back and im using 4 gauge wire to go to the starter....and to the fusebox (that was on the passanger side strut tower) (which is now in the cabin)

radex7

5+ Year Member
Good info, more pictures please. Since I am little paranoid... isn't kinda sketchy to let fumes just vent to the engine bay? Although as many of you claim it does not smell like gas - they are combustible after all. Oh well, I am the newest of noobs, what do I know... Good luck.

CBURKE

"That's not my LEG"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yes please get me pics on this!!! good work man!!!

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Good info, more pictures please. Since I am little paranoid... isn't kinda sketchy to let fumes just vent to the engine bay? Although as many of you claim it does not smell like gas - they are combustible after all. Oh well, I am the newest of noobs, what do I know... Good luck.
yea im kinda iffy on just leaving it open as well....i might run a line down to the bottom of the bay.....

Yes please get me pics on this!!! good work man!!!
heres pics :D ....i still need to loom all the wires so its not ready to go thru the fenders yet

still not done but looking better than b4

wires for the driver side (MAKE SURE YOU LABEL WIRES !!!!!!!) i labeled mine about 3-4 inches from the tip of the wire.....labeled it with masking tape and wrote what color wire it needs to go to, with a pen...

wires for passanger side

wires for the windshield wiper motor

wires moved better so you can see them

where the wire enters on the passanger side (its the same on the driver side)

closer

where the wires go ....this is showing the wires from the windshield wiper motor....but its the same place where the other wires from the front are going ....

random pic

where the driver side wires are going in thru so i can run them to the fender (drilled a hole right under my vacuum manifold)

the hole on the inside

the mess on the passanger floor

my work station =)

random pic

my friends civic and mine

my little buddy helping me along the way :lol:

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow clean you garage out

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
not my garage lol....my parents garage.....s**t if that was my garage, it would be clean so i could park my car in it lol

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
hmm...i got all the wires soldered....heat shinked....and loomed....i got the driver side done.....and tomorrow ill get the passanger side done and hopefully get the car started.....i didnt get any pics though.....ill get some tomorrow though !!!!

mikeybottles

AUTO X WHORE
5+ Year Member
man.. this makes me want to get off my fat lazy ass and get my bay tucked... its so clean lookin! i just hate doing any type of electrical work

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yea ...thanks man!!! its actually quite easy though.....as long as you label the wires ....all you have to do is color match them.....but make sure you do it right and solder, heat shrink, and wire loom them

Civic11

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

DAMN MAN! DRIVE THAT s**t LIKE THAT! :lol: It looks "cyborg like" :lol:

Looks clean man... My car looks just like your except mine is blue, isn't dropped, has no swap, has some quarter panel rust, doesn't have painted rims, and is a little uglier

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
lol thanks ^^^^ yea it looks pretty weird with the fenders off...i thought the same thing lol

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yea ...thanks man!!! its actually quite easy though.....as long as you label the wires ....all you have to do is color match them.....but make sure you do it right and solder, heat shrink, and wire loom them
its actually easier then that. you don't even need to label the wires. they are already labeled by honda. with colors, stripes and dashes.

Rocket350

5+ Year Member
Since I am little paranoid... isn't kinda sketchy to let fumes just vent to the engine bay?
you should get some rubber plugs or silicone shut the holes you drillled when you are done or something. my brother drilled a hole for his sub wires and he could feell the engine heat comin in until he plugged it.

it does look awesome though

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

apekd

-----Distracted you, huh?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you should get some rubber plugs or silicone shut the holes you drillled when you are done or something. my brother drilled a hole for his sub wires and he could feell the engine heat comin in until he plugged it.

it does look awesome though
but winter is getting close, and its gunna get cold lol yeah it needs to get plugged up though man, moister will come in and get foggy on cold mornings

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
dont worry i have plans to plug up the holes....well i got it started yesterday......turns out my oil feed has ANOTHER leak......this time its actually in the line though and not in the fitting.....

ALSO when ever i turn on my headlights (HIDS) it will kill the radio.....well i thought the grounds were to long so i shortened them ALOT and it helped a lil bit.....but it will still kill the radio so im stuck on that part......??? the only weird part is the brights work just fine.....like if i have the car OFF and i flick on the brights they have no probs what soever.....when i turn on the HIDS they will work for about 5 secs.....start to flicker really bad.....and then just turn off.....so im not sure whats up with that yet...

when i tried to tuck the throttle cable....well apparently you cant do that.....bc when i went for a drive the idle was stuck at around 2 grand.....its like its not letting it go back to the normal rev.....soo does anyone know where or how to shorten the throttle cable ????

other than that the car started right up and runs fine.....just needs a lil fixing b4 i can drive it again since the oil leak and all....