out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

emerican

Registered VIP
For those ebay ones id go with the first one if it was me, but i personally dont like the oem shift knob if you do thats all that matters.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
For those ebay ones id go with the first one if it was me, but i personally dont like the oem shift knob if you do thats all that matters.
I may check out pep boys, they have a HUGE selection.

Anyways, not much in the way of updates, just waiting on my paycheck. I'll be looking into all of these.

-B&M or Skunk2 short shifter
-New shifter bushings to go with the short shifter
-New shift knob
-Short ram Intake

I may be able to get all of them, and maybe not. All just depends.

I feel like I'm forgetting stuff though..

JustJustin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I may check out pep boys, they have a HUGE selection.

Anyways, not much in the way of updates, just waiting on my paycheck. I'll be looking into all of these.

-B&M or Skunk2 short shifter
-New shifter bushings to go with the short shifter
-New shift knob
-Short ram Intake

I may be able to get all of them, and maybe not. All just depends.

I feel like I'm forgetting stuff though..
If you do get the Skunk2 short shifter, don't bother getting a shift knob, because I believe that short shifter has a knob on it. I would get the short shifter first before those others!

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you do get the Skunk2 short shifter, don't bother getting a shift knob, because I believe that short shifter has a knob on it. I would get the short shifter first before those others!
Yeah, a guy on here said he got his B&M short shifter for only 50 bucks. So I'm pretty sure I'll get the shifter

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
order shifter bushings so you can swap out the stock ones while you're at it... you'll feel a major difference in how much tigher the shifter gets. no more slop!

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
skunk2 doesnt come with the knob unless you get the package deal

Yeah, a guy on here said he got his B&M short shifter for only 50 bucks. So I'm pretty sure I'll get the shifter
i recommend b&m, high quality and very cheap. few things that work like that when it comes to cars

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:word:

And they're only like 50 bucks. That and some new shifter bushings, I'll be good to go :thumbs up
and I'll still have money left over for a little intake.

wazup_74

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I have the B&M short shifter with this OEM shift knob. =) I love this knob.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Quick little update. Washed the bay today. Forgot to take before and after pics, but I did snag this one.

The bay wasn't even really dirty but it turned out good.

Just doin random s**t until pay day :P

wazup_74

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Look up Honda fit 5 speed shift knob
Its hard to find since most are blue lettering. But i found this one in black. If you can't find one and really want one, i can see if i can find my other one. I had two but misplaced the other. I'm sure you can find it online faster than i can find mine lol.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow. almost 50 bucks for the knob? lol I'll have to keep looking and if I don't find anything else cheaper then I'll probably get that one. Thanks for the links! :thumbs up

wazup_74

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yeah i did shifter, bushings, and knob for about 120 or 130.
You have definitely inspired me to work on my sol. I'll be cleaning it up today. =)

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
honestly i wouldn't 't bother with the intake. just get a k&n drop-in filter and you're good. intakes are just way too much money for the minimal gains you get. go buy an exhaust manifold instead.

emerican

Registered VIP
save the money from intake and short shifter and shift knob and alll and you got a good piece of a mini me swao.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah i did shifter, bushings, and knob for about 120 or 130.
You have definitely inspired me to work on my sol. I'll be cleaning it up today. =)
Glad to hear it man! Del Sol's are fun cars :D

honestly i wouldn't 't bother with the intake. just get a k&n drop-in filter and you're good. intakes are just way too much money for the minimal gains you get. go buy an exhaust manifold instead.
Nah, it's just an ebay short ram. I like the sound. I'll probably throw a k&n cone filter on it.

save the money from intake and short shifter and shift knob and alll and you got a good piece of a mini me swao.
I wantzz a b16. :D

GOOD NEWS!

I just got a s*** ton of work done on my car FOR FREE. My sister has the hook up. Some guy she's doin/ hangin with/ whatever, named Gil, owns a lexus service shop and offered to help me with my car. So I drove up to his shop tonight and he just dove in and fixed EVERYTHING. I even found out things I didn't know. This guy is legit, he was the youngest engineer toyota ever hired, at age 18. He has tons of cars, a couple boats, and a nice ass shop.

I got:
-A new shift knob off of an integra GSR (but it's an aftermarket knob, I'll post pics in the morning)
-A new ignition coil
-My timing set back right
-My exhaust raised up with new hangers
-Exhaust rattle fixed
-New plugs
-Found out I had a small leak from the oil pan because it was loose, tightened that back up.

and the promise that if I can set him up with my sister, that he'll give me the full leather interior out of the gsr (Door panels, front and rear seats, etc.) The GSR blades in great condition with new tires, and a set of black with chrome lip motegi's.

My car is in TIP TOP shape now except it needs a valve adjustment. It runs a hell of a lot better, and he said I got a pretty good deal. The car is running great, and apparently that's all it needs now is a valve adjustment. He's offered to do that as well another time because it was already getting late tonight.

So s***'s goin right. :D

It's good peace of mind that I can focus on little things other than the motor for once. I have a good platform to start from now.

And I love this new shift knob.