Fun with meshies

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Man that would be sweet if Duplicolor did that.

And yeah on the 3000 I used it to wet sand and buff my clear. But I will use your progression next time. Did you sand between coats or just progressed up to 600 and started painting? Thanks.
Again, good job.
No sanding in between coats, to much of a chance for dust. I forgot to add that I degreased the rims before paint too. Simple Green and hard spray then simple green and another rinse. Blow dryer to finish the job.

Where can I get me some elbow grease?
The guys sitting on the corner near Home Depot sell it.

ST8JDM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well dayum those look hella good ..... props!

LowNotSlow

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Updated first post with pics and some details.

Still working on the final one (Which is where the pics and DIY guide is coming from). Been slow going because I've been tied up putting together my big spring sports preview. Should be done this week and mounted by the weekend.

Progress pic: Lip almost done at 320.

Superman5715

5+ Year Member
those look great... I need to do a set of Si rims... how much the whole project cost with sandpaper, paint and clear?

LowNotSlow

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
those look great... I need to do a set of Si rims... how much the whole project cost with sandpaper, paint and clear?
Around $30 in paint (primer, color, clear) and $5 in sandpaper (around 30 cents a sheet).

c_diddy

drove through a tree
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
great job. i'm going to have to try on one of my spare rims.

Dough

5+ Year Member
what do you do to the inside/ backs? paint without sanding? mask off and leave original finish?

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just resprayed my wheels in graphite, I think they came out really good. You mind if I post them up? At 25 a wheel its a hell of a deal but I decided to do it myself.

RedValve

~Team Penguin
5+ Year Member
Damn I know I wouldnt go thru all those step, but hey you did it the right way and it pay off looks really good.

LowNotSlow

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just resprayed my wheels in graphite, I think they came out really good. You mind if I post them up? At 25 a wheel its a hell of a deal but I decided to do it myself.
Post it up. The more results people see the less scared they'll be about doing it.

Inertial

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats a really nice finish on rims. Post pix on car!!! :lol:

King James

5+ Year Member
I painted my rims today

I started with this:

and ended with this:

The lips arent in the best condition....but I figured itd look better with a polished lip than pure gold

I used the same products as you....expcet I used the engine enamel for the gold paint...cuz they didnt have any gold wheel paint.