cash for clunkers helps the likes of Honda/Toyota more thAn Ford/CheVy

96swpdEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
are you drunk?

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
does this surprise anyone? japanese-made trucks and suvs suck. they can make a hell of a car but when it comes to V8's they cant compete with the big 3. this cash for clunkers thing is such a waste of money. if someone cant afford putting gas in their car they shouldnt have bought it in the first place.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Dude, Hyundai started out as a joke, but they are one of the most thriving auto makers in the industry now. They have really improved over the last decade.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
This whole program is a waste of money. But I guess it's making people buy cars.

My friend and I went to go look at trucks for him earlier today. We went to this 1 dealership and there were literally only 2-3 dozen cars on the lot. When they used have 6+. The guy goes, "these people are just turning their cars in and buying us out. We've never had this little amount of cars in an incredibly long time".

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i've been buying fuel efficient cars my whole life, but now my tax dollars and going to help people who bought "clunkers" for no reason.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
well i blame the morons who bought the stupid "clunkers" for creating an issue that obama had to deal with. And i blame obama for rewarding the wrong people....again.

jokenfu

Adobo Powered Pinoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
been tryin to sell my car (91 hatch) for a minute now for 1800. then i received a letter from Cash for Clunkers telling me i qualify. now they're giving me $5000 towards a new purchase of a newer car. I am not complaining at all.

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
does this surprise anyone? japanese-made trucks and suvs suck. they can make a hell of a car but when it comes to V8's they cant compete with the big 3. this cash for clunkers thing is such a waste of money. if someone cant afford putting gas in their car they shouldnt have bought it in the first place.
the program has nothing to do with affording gas fool. it was put out in an effort to become less reliant on foreign oil supplies if we drive more fuel efficient vehicles. they also did it to spur auto sales......however anyone would have known that honda, toyota, etc would benefit more since they are the main producers of fuel efficient vehicles.

anyways....there is no such thing as an American car anymore. honda, toyota assemble their vehicles here in the US and they provide more to the economy than ford or chevy and definitely GM. :P