$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
lol...i think the only reason my car has been accepted is because in the state of CALIFORNIA emission law is STRICT. my car has failed a few times before in emissions. i forgot what they call it...
so i think that's why my car qualifies for this.
nope, you're just a sucker...

your car does not qualify, so they're playing a numbers game with you

they're keeping a huge markup on whatever car they're selling you and showing an over allowance for your trade FFP (for finance purposes) and then they will ACV your car for the few hundred it's worth and sell it at auction.

the only reason they can do this is because you're over paying so massively that they can afford to take a few thousand dollars profit out of the deal and still take a nice hawiian vacation.

you didnt get some magical deal and the dealership didnt manage to work a special deal with the government just for you.... this deal was available to you every day of the week and has nothing to do with the cash for clunkers program, it just took the lure of "free money" for you to buy into it.

they sure did work some magic on you though, you're HOOKED :lol:
i've landed 12lb bass that werent hooked as well as you are

been tryin to sell my car (91 hatch) for a minute now for 1800. then i received a letter from Cash for Clunkers telling me i qualify. now they're giving me $5000 towards a new purchase of a newer car. I am not complaining at all.
not only did you think they worked some magical deal for you, but you honestly thought that the government SOUGHT YOU OUT TO DO SO :rolf:

attaching it to the cash for clunkers program gives the buyer a sense of urgency, and urgency turns shoppers into buyers. sales 101

you want to send out your own cash for clunkers mailer?
here, there's a plethora of marketing companies that already have the show laid out for you
http://www.google.com/search?q=cash+for+clunkers+mailer&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

If you spend enough time, you could probably even send yourself the exact same letter you already received :lol:

Ask your salesman if he's ever considered moving to oregon ;)

jokenfu

Adobo Powered Pinoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
like i said i dont' care how it works. i was tryin to sell the car for 1800. and I am getting $5000 for it towards a newer car (which is my main reason in tryin to sell the car in the first place cause i need a reliable car to drive my kids around). so think what you want...say what you want to say...i don't givea f**k how it works...it's not "magical" that the govt is giving money so they can get the money back. I've been strugglin to buy a car for a while without having to sell my own car. and i've tried selling the car but if i can get $5000 instead of 1800, why b***h about it.

thanks for the "magical" info...

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
it's not "magical" that the govt is giving money so they can get the money back.
you're oblivious :rolf:

cash for clunkers isnt giving you one red cent... either is the government... your transaction is in no way what so ever related to the cash for clunkers, or "c.a.r.s." program

you're nutswinging from a program that doesnt and never will know you even exist :lol:

You're just another joe schmoe that is trading in a car and getting ripped off... you could have got the same deal months or years ago if you had tried

if you drive up here I can PROMISE you that I will show you $20,000 trade in value for your civic on whatever car you purchase..... as long as you're dont care about the markup on the car you're purchasing like you obviously dont now
Hell, i'll even lie to you and tell you it's all part of the cash for clunkers program :rolf:

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you're oblivious :rolf:

cash for clunkers isnt giving you one red cent... either is the government... your transaction is in no way what so ever related to the cash for clunkers, or "c.a.r.s." program

you're nutswinging from a program that doesnt and never will know you even exist :lol:

You're just another joe schmoe that is trading in a car and getting ripped off... you could have got the same deal months or years ago if you had tried

if you drive up here I can PROMISE you that I will show you $20,000 trade in value for your civic on whatever car you purchase..... as long as you're dont care about the markup on the car you're purchasing like you obviously dont now
:nod::rolf:

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Give me 30 grand and I'll start driving to the West Coast now.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Give me 30 grand and I'll start driving to the West Coast now.
hell, if you dont care about the markup on the vehicle you're purchasing... i'll show you ONE MILLION DOLLARS trade in value for anything you trade in... It doesnt even have to be a car, it could be a broken vhs player for all I care :D

err... I mean... cash for clunkers made a special allowance for us and us only..... and you better hurry before the program runs out of money again... ;)

LowNotSlow

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hell, if you dont care about the markup on the vehicle you're purchasing... i'll show you ONE MILLION DOLLARS trade in value for anything you trade in... It doesnt even have to be a car, it could be a broken vhs player for all I care :D

err... I mean... cash for clunkers made a special allowance for us and us only..... and you better hurry before the program runs out of money again... ;)
On my way! :runaway:

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
been tryin to sell my car (91 hatch) for a minute now for 1800. then i received a letter from Cash for Clunkers telling me i qualify. now they're giving me $5000 towards a new purchase of a newer car. I am not complaining at all.

like i said i dont' care how it works. i was tryin to sell the car for 1800. and I am getting $5000 for it towards a newer car (which is my main reason in tryin to sell the car in the first place cause i need a reliable car to drive my kids around). so think what you want...say what you want to say...i don't givea f**k how it works...it's not "magical" that the govt is giving money so they can get the money back. I've been strugglin to buy a car for a while without having to sell my own car. and i've tried selling the car but if i can get $5000 instead of 1800, why b***h about it.

thanks for the "magical" info...

I keep reading this... "newer car" line... you mean brand new, right?
a car salesman promises you a deal that's too good to be true, tells you it's all thanks to a magical government program that you in no way what so ever qualify for, and you didnt bother to ask any questions or do ONE SINGLE OUNCE of research? Just sign your name to a contract while wearing a big s**t eating grin?

Somehow you managed to firmly attach both lips to the ballsack of a program that you know absolutely nothing about and which you are not a part of in any way what so ever
I dont know how people get through life being so completely ignorant and oblivious to their surroundings..... but I wish there were more of you, because i'd be a much richer man

but anyways... everything you've posted in this thread is just irrelevant bullshit that accomplishes nothing more than spreading the same lies and ignorance that you have bought into hook, line, and sinker.
You can stop now, as nothing you're doing has anything what so ever to do with the cash for clunkers program.

LowNotSlow

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
whatever you say pumpkin
See what he did right there was attempt to belittle you by calling you a baby's nickname, thus annulling your knowledge as a person with intimate knowledge of the workings of a car dealership.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
See what he did right there was attempt to belittle you by calling you a baby's nickname, thus annulling your knowledge as a person with intimate knowledge of the workings of a car dealership.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink

when you're blissfully ignorant, everything seems needlessly complicated

without ignorance, knowledge wouldn't be nearly as important.

etc, etc, etc....

Just wait a few years until he finds out that he's hopelessly buried in his "newer" truck :lol:

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'd be very skeptical of trying to sell a car for 1800 and then going to a dealership and getting 5000 for it in a trade in.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
I'd be very skeptical of trying to sell a car for 1800 and then going to a dealership and getting 5000 for it in a trade in.
it's easy when you have a $8000 markup :lol:
that's another game new car dealers and larger used car dealers are pulling right now

Hertz used cars in town is offering upto $6500 for your clunker :rolf:
Though, their prices have mysteriously increased too, and only new car dealers qualify for the cash for clunkers program..... weird eh?

But dont try to bring logic, reasoning, or the pesky facts into this..... you'll confuse him

99sivtec509

5+ Year Member
the goverment is never going to give you free money the most they will do is let you borrow it this is like a legal set up of some sort

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
This is the official list of cars that can be traded in for cash for clunkers, so i call complete BS on trading in any real honda, since a passport is not a honda, so it doesn't even qualify as real honda.

http://www.edmunds.com/cash-for-clunkers/eligible-vehicles.html

so trading in a honda for a silvarado. Bull Shiz, does not qualify, you will and are being scammed.

civic96hb

USAF
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
They were saying that the government hasnt paid the dealerships yet for the cash for clunkers program.
Some guy on CNN was wanting his moneys!

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
They were saying that the government hasnt paid the dealerships yet for the cash for clunkers program.
Some guy on CNN was wanting his moneys!
Checks are in teh mail, wink wink.:naughty:

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Cash for clunkers program will end Monday at 8 p.m. ET, Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood says.
thank god......

A program that was supposed to last for 3 months on 1 billion dollars lasted less than 1 month on 3 billion...... I cant wait to put them in charge of healthcare....

we're f**ked

98civikdx

98civik
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, I'm so ready for this program to be over. We've had to destroy so many good cars. Have yet to disable a Firebird and a Z28 5-speed Camaro with only 89K miles on it. No body damage, engine runs like a champ. That ones gonna suck. And far as I've heard, we haven't received a dime from the government.

But look on the bright side, your tax dollars just helped people buy new cars!