What else do I need besides the set of Function & Forms

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
adjust them all at the same time? How is that possible? or do you mean go around to each one and adjust them equally? Will I be able to adjust it once its on the ground? or will I have to raise it up again? Thanks for the help man!
I mean if you adjust only 1 corner, say the front left, it could affect the height of the other 3 corners, depending on how much you adjust that front left. It's best to atleast adjust the front 2 and rear 2 at the same time. Meaning, jack the front of the car up and make you adjustments to both the front left and front right while it's up. Then drop it down and do the rear. Take measurements each time you adjust. It can be a bit tedious having to raise the car, adjust, drop the car, measure, and do it over again until you get it where you want, but once you're done, you're done.

You'll have to raise the car to make adjustments. You should be able to adjust the spring perch with the wheels still on the car. For the front, just reach in between the fender and wheel. For the rear, you'll have to crawl under a bit to reach the perch.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I figured this was relevant:

This one starts out he thinks his function/form sleeves are cracked, and several users chime in reporting that several Function/form units are leaking:

cause everyone knows to listen to everything thats said on honda tech, :roll:

gtfo

JustJustin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Alright so I've got the front done and I'm finishing up the back tomorrow. the first picture I took was how it looked before I adjusted it. The second picture is pretty much where it's at right now. I don't really know how much I've lowered it. Progress says not to lower it more than 2 inches so I want to stay at right about that or maybe less. I took it for a spin and the tires didn't rub at all. Does it look like I've lowered it more than 2 inches? I dont think I have....

Do I need to lower the back more than the front? like if I've lowered my front 1.5 in, wouldnt you lower the back to like 2 in. or is it the other way around? I do know that the back is supposed to be a little higher cause its fwd... (installation was a breeze thanks to you guys)

Here is how it sits. Raise it or keep it?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
heights should be even front to back IMO. You're not racing this car, so a raked stance isn't beneficial in anyway

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cause everyone knows to listen to everything thats said on honda tech, :roll:

gtfo
hahaha :cool: i agree. I also like how that pic shows the lower coilover adjusted way up when FnF sends their coilovers out pre-adjusted to their lowest setting. Also they come tied inside the plastic wrap, so there would have been damper oil inside the plastic and not just the corner of the box. But whatever

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I myself prefer a raked stance. My car has the opposite right now and it bugs the HELL out of me.

JustJustin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So after I finished installing my coilovers today I drove to school for an exam. When I got there and started to get out of the car I heard this squirting noise coming from the front. I look under it and the front left shock was leaking. after my exam I took it to my mechanic who was gonna align it today and had them look at it. we looked up under it and both of the front shocks are blown and leaking. the back looked fine. So much for Progress CS-IIs being awesome. Thanks ekforeverguy... haha j/k.

Another member 6thgenftw just posted something today about his progress cs-IIs leaking also. I imagine we both got faulty struts..

JustJustin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

Here is what it looks like though. Least it looks good. :lol: When I get everything worked out I might lower the back a little bit more... but idk it doesn't look bad how it is.

JustJustin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wheels are 205/45/16 and spring rates are 300lb in front 250lb in back. Have you installed yours yet Decipher? I put my spring perches about 3 1/8 inch up from the bottom of the collar.

Decipher

Registered VIP
Yea I put mine on a couple days ago. I set them to where I just barely have no gap up front. The rear has about 1/8th or 1/4" of a gap. It's slightly higher than how it looks in this photo:

I have to fix my exhaust and roll my fenders before I go any lower.

I haven't noticed any leaking, but I'm going to keep a close eye on these now that I've read you and 6thgen having problems.

JustJustin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks awesome! Hopefully when I get all my stuff worked out, I'll probably lower the back of mine alot more and maybe the front about 1/4 in.

Decipher

Registered VIP
Yea man, I hope they get you taken care of quick. I'm really enjoying the feel and ride of these. I hope I don't find any puddles under my car!

JustJustin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah I really liked how they felt at first, when they were actually working. Much better than stock. haha