Status
Not open for further replies.

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
+1 on the wing.... i love mine =)

i like those rims dude...
Thanks man. I've been looking for one long enough lol. And thanks =) I didn't know what they were at first but bought them anyway cause it was only $600 with nice all season tires on them. Found out they weren't ever even sold in America =) gotta love being unique lol.

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Got the Yonaka cat back on yesterday, love it. Sounds great, quiet when I'm cruising and loud when I hit vtec. My only negative comment about it is that it is too tight underneath my car. So it's touching the underbody of my car and when I start my car it bangs up against my car cause of the vibration. Other than that its a great exhaust.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My only negative comment about it is that it is too tight underneath my car. So it's touching the underbody of my car and when I start my car it bangs up against my car cause of the vibration. Other than that its a great exhaust.
Remove the heat shields.

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Remove the heat shields.
Couldn't get the heat shield off above the cat converter but it didn't rub there. Had to remove the other heat shield along the parking break line cables though. Two of the bolts were rusted and frozen so we had to rip the heat shield off lol

CJ89

No title needed :)
Registered VIP
Couldn't get the heat shield off above the cat converter but it didn't rub there. Had to remove the other heat shield along the parking break line cables though. Two of the bolts were rusted and frozen so we had to rip the heat shield off lol
^PULL THE s**t OUT IT IT! HOLD IN LET ME GET A HAMMER! lol

P.s. do you have a longer exhaust hanger?... yes we really need one... lmfao

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

emerican

Registered VIP
I had to pull all the heat shields off of mine for it not to rub, but thats just me i guess the one with the cat came off to fit the test pipe.

CJ89

Registered VIP
My yonaka doesnt rub at all, it fit really well. Was the heat shield bent maybe?
Are you running a oem manifold? He has a aftermarket header on his which could also be the cause of fitment issues.

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ah there's the problem...maybe I can take it to an exhaust shop and ask them to extend the exhaust at the resonator

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
or just delete it and they can just put in a inch longer replacement pipe.
Will that make it louder you think? I may go to an exhaust place tomorrow and have them do that as well as welding a flange to my header so I can bolt it to the underbody, cause the DC Sports header had a flange and so did my OEM one, but the Megan Racing one doesn't :( Should be a simple weld though, just gotta find the right spot. Any reputable exhaust shops or places I should stay away from?

CJ89

Registered VIP
Will that make it louder you think? I may go to an exhaust place tomorrow and have them do that as well as welding a flange to my header so I can bolt it to the underbody, cause the DC Sports header had a flange and so did my OEM one, but the Megan Racing one doesn't :( Should be a simple weld though, just gotta find the right spot. Any reputable exhaust shops or places I should stay away from?
As far as place's to go i have no clue. But the res. delete making it louder? Maybe just a smidge but not much. When i got rid of mine i didnt notice a difference at all.

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah...I'm trying to find an exhaust shop but not having much luck. I think I'm gonna leave the resonator in for now until I lower my car. If it scrapes then, then I'll have it removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CJ89

Registered VIP
Surprised you have not updated this with your wing lol

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I took some pix today after I washed my car last night :P still have to look through the photos and I was gonna update it tonight at work lol. I've been in class all day O.o

Status
Not open for further replies.