Kwiks 93 Coupe slow build

kwiks93

Haven't updated in bit because I have been so pissed off at this car I almost set it on fire. Well I ordered the springs and as soon as the arrived the car was already apart waiting for them. Well come to find out the da** company dont know how to read a f***ing tape measure. They were supposed to be a 1.75 front and 1.5 rear drop. Well let me tell you three F***ing coils shorter than stock is not a 1.75" drop! So thanks again to dj_hallucn8 for keeping his stock springs to put back on the red bi*** because my old ones were broke! I will admit the old girl looked SWEET slammed to the sub-frame but the fenders were not happy. Anyway here is a pic of the wrong coils installed before she went back to 4x4 status. Don't worry coilovers will be done soon.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
should put those springs back in

emerican

Registered VIP
^ got any more pics of it that low, but i understand not keeping it that way i only want mine dropped 1.5 or a little mroe to take car of the wheel gap.

kwiks93

May have a few more pics, but will have to make sure I didn't delete them in my rage. As in leaving the springs in, that is not an option unless I never need to turn the wheels. I am sure with the coilovers I can take it close but the way it was if you look close it bent the fender and cut the tire. Anyway the cross-drilled rotors and calipers still look good in the pic,lol.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
May have a few more pics, but will have to make sure I didn't delete them in my rage. As in leaving the springs in, that is not an option unless I never need to turn the wheels. I am sure with the coilovers I can take it close but the way it was if you look close it bent the fender and cut the tire. Anyway the cross-drilled rotors and calipers still look good in the pic,lol.
you know how i know you can go that low and turn your wheel just fine

kwiks93

you know how i know you can go that low and turn your wheel just fine
Well bring what ever kit that you used down here, and you will see mine won't. If it would have I would have left them on there. Especially for the main reason that it would have drove my wife crazier than she is and hopefully she wouldn't drive it at all. lmao

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well bring what ever kit that you used down here, and you will see mine won't. If it would have I would have left them on there. Especially for the main reason that it would have drove my wife crazier than she is and hopefully she wouldn't drive it at all. lmao
all it takes is a fender roll and pull and you might rub a little at full turn. im lower than that and on 15x8 et15 wheels and do just fine. just cant have fender liners and need a good roll and pull lol

kwiks93

all it takes is a fender roll and pull and you might rub a little at full turn. im lower than that and on 15x8 et15 wheels and do just fine. just cant have fender liners and need a good roll and pull lol
If you remember I have already rolled the fenders and stretched and tucked the inner liners. Also if it stayed that low there would be NO way to put on the slicks once the motor is done. Yes I said slicks because with building it to hold 26+psi it's going to definately need slicks at the track. The wheels I have on there now are 16's and the tires are 205/50/16's. The reason for those sizes are because they are almost exactly the same size as a 14" or 15" with a good slick on it. So using them as a reference for height and clearance so there are no issues later.

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
fender rolling is just cheating.

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Is it really? I don't see it that way, pulling out the liners maybe but not rolling the fenders.
i don't remember there being a rule book. but i never did run super fat tires on my car so they tucked in fine. do what u want man =) i'm just constantly thinking about selling my current car and i imagine it's easier to replace the liner than unroll the fenders if u ever put the stock setup/wheels back on the car to sell it

kwiks93

^^^^^ Oh this car won't be going anywhere for a looooooonnnnnggggg time,lol. I have already been through to much with it to even consider selling it. It still has a long way to go too, so by that time it will be way to personal to let go.

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So a little birdie "you" told me that your working on some stuff, can you share with the rest of the studio audience? Lol!

kwiks93

So a little birdie "you" told me that your working on some stuff, can you share with the rest of the studio audience? Lol!
Maybe,,,,,,,,,lol You saw the preview of the engine bay and whats going on. I must say that the engine bay matches a WHOLE lot better than a few I have seen, if I do say so myself.

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
should of left it slammed
He couldn't drive it that way, too much rubbing & no turning radius, maybe if it was a drag car going straight but not for daily driving, it looked cool but not functional.