Kwiks 93 Coupe slow build

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Even though we dont have to worry about salt and snow, the potholes are just as bad as up north. Must be the whole gulf wind and sand turning into a sandblaster. According to the statistics that Florida is the flattest state but they cant lay out a flat road to save their A**.
from what a lot of other people say, they say that florida roads are a lot better than PA, but we have a lot more wrong than just pot holes

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
According to the statistics that Florida is the flattest state but they cant lay out a flat road to save their A**.
Boy isn't that the truth, a neighborhood over there is a steep incline & coming up it I scrape muffler almost any way I go up it, why is that even like that, smh.

kwiks93

Well decided to see how the fender would turn out today. Pretty happy with the results and here are the pics from before, during and after. Still have to wet sand and buff but ran out of daylight for today.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
maybe im crazy, but why didnt you take 5 minutes to take it off?

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks like you masked it all off around the fender edges? and maybe its the pic but the fender looks way off. but beats peeling i guess. should look into paintforcars.com for paint and just give it a spray yourself. its a 200 kit

kwiks93

looks like you masked it all off around the fender edges? and maybe its the pic but the fender looks way off. but beats peeling i guess. should look into paintforcars.com for paint and just give it a spray yourself. its a 200 kit
I did mask off the edges for the primer coats and then pulled it off to blend. If you would have seen this car when I got it you would understand why the body lines aren't all the way lined up yet, hence still part of the "project/build". This thing was "killed" at least once in it's life. Thanks for the link, I checked them out and doesn't seem to bad of a deal, but I will research it a whole lot more. I am taking this thing to a whole new direction with the paint scheme so it's going to be alot of fine line taped graphics. I could do a vinyl wrap or just get the side graphics but thats just plain cheesy,imo.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i used that kit to paint my car and its worked fine. vinyl wraps get very expensive and a b**** to do

but i understand body lines not matching up. ive replaced most of my front end and have a bent rad support. when i bought it car was rear ended and ran into something

but so you blended the paint on the car after the last picture? i just based it all of the last picture and the door and fender are way off

Last edited:

kwiks93

Blended some of it out, but the door is kinda pinkish from sun fade. This thing sat for so long and wasn't taken care of at all. So far I have found it has a rear quarter clip on driver side(because the vin tag dont match the dash or firewall) hood was a disaster and front bumper is missing teeth. To get it this far has been a Bi***. Waiting as we speak for my springs, front end apart all I need is UPS to show up. And BTW the strut fork bolts on both sides were seized so had to pop the upper ball joint.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah definitely looks better. will look better once you paint the whole car. find someone who knows how to paint and get a kit. do it in a garage. its pretty simple and comes out great. people dont believe me that i paitned mine in a garage

kwiks93

yeah definitely looks better. will look better once you paint the whole car. find someone who knows how to paint and get a kit. do it in a garage. its pretty simple and comes out great. people dont believe me that i paitned mine in a garage
^^^^ Really?????? So you pretty much just said, that I have no idea what I am doing and should find some one that does and buy the kit you used cause it is so much better than what I either have or am getting. Don't know what bug crawled up your a** about my build, because all you have said since you posted in it has been negative. I am not just some dumba** ricer that don't know the hell I am doing. My last project sold for just over $45k and was custom built by ME from the ground up. Now taking in the fact that I have 9 broken vertebrae, 4 pins and anchors in my shoulder, 2 blown out knees, and cronic migraine syndrome I think I have done pretty Da** good on this one so far. You want to blast me and my car then bring your a** down here and not only show me a vast more knowledge than I have already learned over the years, but help finance it cause when you can't work you do what the he** you can.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^^ Really?????? So you pretty much just said, that I have no idea what I am doing and should find some one that does and buy the kit you used cause it is so much better than what I either have or am getting. Don't know what bug crawled up your a** about my build, because all you have said since you posted in it has been negative. I am not just some dumba** ricer that don't know the hell I am doing. My last project sold for just over $45k and was custom built by ME from the ground up. Now taking in the fact that I have 9 broken vertebrae, 4 pins and anchors in my shoulder, 2 blown out knees, and cronic migraine syndrome I think I have done pretty Da** good on this one so far. You want to blast me and my car then bring your a** down here and not only show me a vast more knowledge than I have already learned over the years, but help finance it cause when you can't work you do what the he** you can.

Gawwdddd.
damnnnnn.

Let's all calm down. lol

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well first off, did you read the first words where i said it looks a lot better? :roll:

you took what i wrote the completely wrong way. i have no clue if you have a background in painting? most people do not, and most people do not want pay 2k for a proper paint job. So all i simply meant was that if you know anyone who knows how to paint(since most people dont know how to themselves) you could do that, get a kit like i mentioned since buying other paint can quickly add up to hundreds of dollars and the kit is awesome for the price, and then set up a booth in a garage to paint it.

this was not bashing you, this was giving a recommendationg on how to SAVE MONEY and still have a very good looking paint job. i was giving you an idea since its what i did and it came out looking very very good.

chill out, it wasnt negative, it was giving an idea and recommendation since you are not rich and it helps to save money wherever you can. sorry for trying to help you save money, considering you cant work. ;)

kwiks93

Well first off, did you read the first words where i said it looks a lot better? :roll:

you took what i wrote the completely wrong way. i have no clue if you have a background in painting? most people do not, and most people do not want pay 2k for a proper paint job. So all i simply meant was that if you know anyone who knows how to paint(since most people dont know how to themselves) you could do that, get a kit like i mentioned since buying other paint can quickly add up to hundreds of dollars and the kit is awesome for the price, and then set up a booth in a garage to paint it.

this was not bashing you, this was giving a recommendationg on how to SAVE MONEY and still have a very good looking paint job. i was giving you an idea since its what i did and it came out looking very very good.

chill out, it wasnt negative, it was giving an idea and recommendation since you are not rich and it helps to save money wherever you can. sorry for trying to help you save money, considering you cant work. ;)
Anyway, I did see where you said it looked better, unfortunately it took around 6 previous negative comments to get there. If I took it all out of context I can be big enough to apologize, but quite a few people text me and they took it the same way. I know it can be hard to tell sometimes how someone's comments mean, but when others thought the same is when I decided to bring it to a head. I am a very blunt person and before anything got even more out of hand thats why I said what I said. Don't get me wrong I appreciate any help, leads, constructive cridicism, and even jokes. I just don't like it when I feel like someone is bashing on me. If you say you weren't then like I said I can be big enough to apologize. You can ask a few members on here and they will verify that I would be the first one to help out anyone. Busted up as I am I still would drop everything to help out. Anyhow it's behind us and we go from here and if you or anyone else has any questions I am more than willing to help.

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You can ask a few members on here and they will verify that I would be the first one to help out anyone. Busted up as I am I still would drop everything to help out.
This is a 100% true statement, I should know.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Anyway, I did see where you said it looked better, unfortunately it took around 6 previous negative comments to get there. If I took it all out of context I can be big enough to apologize, but quite a few people text me and they took it the same way. I know it can be hard to tell sometimes how someone's comments mean, but when others thought the same is when I decided to bring it to a head. I am a very blunt person and before anything got even more out of hand thats why I said what I said. Don't get me wrong I appreciate any help, leads, constructive cridicism, and even jokes. I just don't like it when I feel like someone is bashing on me. If you say you weren't then like I said I can be big enough to apologize. You can ask a few members on here and they will verify that I would be the first one to help out anyone. Busted up as I am I still would drop everything to help out. Anyhow it's behind us and we go from here and if you or anyone else has any questions I am more than willing to help.
yeah i didnt mean it in a bad way. and my first couple comments i was just curious and joking around. ive never heard anyone say they were rolling wheel wells. just fenders. to shape a fender liner didnt make sense in my head.

fender yeah i was kinda a d**k, but i would of just taken it off instead of making the entire car off

sorry for coming across like a d**k, im really not, and ill help anyone when i can. im just honest and say what i think. i dont mean it in a bad way, i just dont beat around the bush. i get to the point

kwiks93

yeah i didnt mean it in a bad way. and my first couple comments i was just curious and joking around. ive never heard anyone say they were rolling wheel wells. just fenders. to shape a fender liner didnt make sense in my head.

fender yeah i was kinda a d**k, but i would of just taken it off instead of making the entire car off

sorry for coming across like a d**k, im really not, and ill help anyone when i can. im just honest and say what i think. i dont mean it in a bad way, i just dont beat around the bush. i get to the point
Joking around I am all good with, because I am normally one of the first ones to turn anything into a joke. Just because you haven't heard of certain techniques doesn't mean they don't exist. I have been turning wrenches for around 28 years and I still learn new stuff everyday. That's what keeps me interested in building rides, tattooing, and playing music. Constructive criticism is always welcomed because it's helps out someone instead of being blunt and trashing their progress. Trust me I am very blunt and honest, because I really don't have time to answer a bunch of questions about what "I really meant". Anyway like I said it's behind us and we both go ahead with our builds, because in the long run we are all trying to save another Honda one part at a time.