00 civic ex backwards progress/ from beauty to beast lol

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My friends ricer civic has blue spritzer lights and he hasn't gotten pulled over yet.

emerican

Registered VIP
^ im glad buddy hasnt got a ticket, but those little lights look so bad.

Detroit ricer

dam well im not worried about light tickets in detroit, people have trucks and cars that have purple H.I.D's on their headlights and they never get stopped, but anyways i just ordered new header im trying to get a nice exahust system going not really into the whole fart can thing

Detroit ricer

some ebay ones somebody was telling me that they are the same as name brand kinda makes sense but im sure anything is better than stock itself

emerican

Registered VIP
For the most part pipes are pipes as long as they are construted well and welded well im sure you will be fine with the ebay one. Only problem i have ever heard from them is fitment and welds cracking.

CH33V5

RealEyesRealizeRealLies
Registered VIP
I really like the blue corners, but with the plate lights it looks like they don't even shine on the plate, that could be another reason for you to get pulled over with them.

Detroit ricer

thanks man, but yea i need to change the license plate lights, well my updates was that i painted and threw on my rota circuit 8's

Synyster024

nice lookin good man =) i'm thinkin of doing some sort of colored plate lights on my EJ1 after seeing this.. not sure what color though..

Detroit ricer

well 2 days after i got my headers, i decided to install them

well after 3 hours of pain in the ass

one purple nail later, one bald nut later and 2 broken bolts that connect the header and the cat coverter,
Later then the F***** o2 sensor was hitting my shifting rod and had to my cat repositioned then get it welded back but got the job done and thats what counts!

Now my comments/concerns

1. i felt a small amount of more power during mid range rpm's
2. the headers were steel color, then after having them on for about 30 min they turned goldish,
3. after hard reving and hard acceleration and high rpm's the headers turned into a blueish/ burnt finish is that normal.
4. after driving the car for about 30 min or more when the engine i feel gets hotter with this new headers idk maybe my immagination.
5. my stock headers would release less heat therefore my air filter would suck up cooler air now, the engine bay gets hotter therefore now it sucks warmer air affecting performance.

please give me some feedback on your thoughts thanks.

CH33V5

RealEyesRealizeRealLies
Registered VIP
I would invest in an actual intake, you could just get a cheap eBay pipe and then have a Spectre or K&N filter. Other than that you can try to make a heat sheild for the header. Those would be my first moves.

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
HA i did the same thing, got my car all nice then got in a wreck and got it all sexy again. as for the header thats normal, id put heat wrap on ur header, re isntall the heat shield and build a small block off plate or w/e yu call it to go around the intake it'll block the heat from ur engine bay from being sucking in by ur intake.

emerican

Registered VIP
The change in color is the ss becoming hot and burning off the finish it will change colors a good bit for a little while at least.
If you want you can heatwrap the header and i would invest in at least an actualy sri for it ebay kit with aem dryflow air folter.

Detroit ricer

sounds like good advise im going to try heatwrap the headers and see what happens, and yea i think iam going to end up buying some ebay pipe for my airtake, thanks for the feedback

random pic

Detroit ricer

ebay lol one of the members here bougt some and i liked them so i bought them as well.
and thanks yea i know the dog came in the picture hes the house security you need one specially in detroit

Nice random pic lol
Where did you get the header from?

Detroit ricer

little update

i took my type-r rear lip and took a pic to see how it would look
heres my girl with no ass

Now with the lip, painted and ready

a random pic from my interior, yea i know corney ass (NOS) steering wheel cover