06 Civic Si vs. 06 RSX Type-S

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I love my leather interior, it's one of my favorite things about the car and it's the first thing people notice when they get in.

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LowNotSlow said:
I love my leather interior, it's one of my favorite things about the car and it's the first thing people notice when they get in.
only leather i like (which really isn't leather 100% ) are the seats in the 03+ cobra's not to mention they are comfy as hell, leather is just a pain in the ass to me, always ends up cracking NO matter how much care you put into it and its cold in the winter and hot in the summer (unless you have a benz which has heaters and coolers) lol BUT to each his own

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have aftermarket heaters, and the perforated leather stays cool during the summer as well =)

yeah they do tend to wear but oh well, it's worth it.

Asthmatic

Formally DXpowR
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I live in AZ and having leather here sucks. lol. Go with the Si.

aznwannabe

26psi what?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sion0x said:
you can always put LSD on the rsx later on anyway, like Cusco or some other brand.
that wasn't the question though. the question was, which would win stock.

I mean, I've seen an ek rock the s**t out of an rt-10. see my point? you can add s**t to anything, so that's not really the fact of the matter.

DuH-ReL

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Going-West said:
Remember the hp ratings on the rsx-s were released before the new ratings came out, which are more restrictive. Under the same ratings they both put out amount the same amount of power.
oh fck me, you're right aren't ya. 06 Si FTW!

bboylocob

keep ur pimp hand strong
5+ Year Member
drivers race all the way.the hp on the rsx type s and the si are the same when tested at the same point.the rsx-s came out before they changed where hp is to be rated at.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
alright guys, who'd win? A red Si, a silver Si with navigation, a black RSX with cloth seats, or a white RSX with leather and xm radio?

bboylocob

keep ur pimp hand strong
5+ Year Member
cgpEJ6 said:
alright guys, who'd win? A red Si, a silver Si with navigation, a black RSX with cloth seats, or a white RSX with leather and xm radio?

damn!?! thats a hard one? idunno lol

Team2000

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DOHC_V-Tec said:
which one of these two cars will take the win if they were to race stock to stock???
I took one for a test drive when they first came out and raced an RSX-S 3 times on the Highway, I was shifting a bit into the red, first time driving it so I did not fully know the best shift points.. and each time... I was able to get a pretty good race off. The Civic Si > RSX-S I think, if I were to have owned the car and knew how to drive it just a little better I would have won each race hands down.

DuH-ReL

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bboylocob said:
drivers race all the way.the hp on the rsx type s and the si are the same when tested at the same point.the rsx-s came out before they changed where hp is to be rated at.
Were they ever tested at the same point? Cause I was looking for dyno sheets for both stock vehicles and haven't found any reliable comparisons so I dunno :shrugs:
cgpEJ6 said:
If they're all the latest models, the Si of course. RSX only has 155 hp. MAYBE the silver Si might lose; you know that little knobby GPS receiver could cause too much wind resistance.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cgpEJ6 said:
Did you actually ask which color is the fastest?

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well the xm radio & navi add like 10whp so it'd have to be either one of them ;)

glacius

5+ Year Member
rsx-s 06 vs. si 06

Interesting analysis. Civic is definitely hot. From what i gather, the LSD on the SI gives an edge over the RSX-S as far as understeer is concerned? I'm sure it has 2 b a drivers race, and it depends on track/road conditions as well, if you are talking spontanious street fight. I've been driving my RSX-S 06 over a year now, and i've recently installed an AEM V2 air intake and it rocks. The RSX-S i must say, is wild. It Stirs the imagination and has an excellent rep. Highly modifiable. I can't wait to get the Hondata reflash on top of the V2, and Greddy exhaust and Hondata intake manifold gasket. That, with some excellent tires, will make any racer in the respective class sweat to keep up with that performance. i already becoming a devil in the RSX-S. It takes practice and experience to own it and drive it like it was meant to be...aggressive. If you don't have driving in your blood than you may be slightly lacking. Since this is a civic forum i want to shout out and say that in the Initial D version 3 arcade i've been racing with the civic SiRII [EG6]. I'd love to take on a si 06. it seems like a great ride. The RSX-S i immediately i knew i had to own once i test drove. it just keeps getting better and better and forget all those jealous guys who wish they had it and just dis it because they have to take a stand somewhere i suppose. RSX-S with it's exceptional handling that is infamous for carving up traffic like a hot knive through butter. It has guts and that's what counts. We all keep it in perspective though. It's all about personalization. If understeer is an issue with LSD at higher speeds on corners, FF cars just need some "technique". I hit fast corners, and when the understeer begins, manipulating the e-brake, casually kicking the backend out no problem. That, and left foot braking technique. At the end of the day it's about getting the rush and experience of a high performance machine such as an RSX-S 06 or si 06 and doing it for the right reasons, not being some newb who needs to gain more experience on the road, before becoming a statistic or messing it up for the rest of us. Respect, integrity. Hell, i'm no angel and i know just by reading forums that there are alot of uninformed dummys who just talk constant trash. i like rivalry though. That's intrinsic to many, especially among "racers". My main rival would have to be the si. Just wanted to add some 2 cents on this fine evening. see you out there, and i think of si and rsx-s as part of the same family for sure.