17's? , 16's?, or 15's?

98ciback

5+ Year Member
I've been looking at a lot of hatchbacks pics on the site, but I still can't figure out what kind of rims to get.
I own a silver 98 hatch cx
It seems like 17's look nice but then I see a lot of hatches with smaller rims. Is it that they can't afford 17's? or just because the ride get's unconfortable?
What should I get? :???:
thanx!

Tiso

Tello !
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
17's are heavy...16's are lighter...15's are lighter than 16's. Depends on what type of weight you want on a wheel and what kind of style you want. 16's seem to be the best, with the weight not be bad and pretty good prices for 16's(This is not including the Japanese Brand wheels though.)

98ciback

5+ Year Member
I've been looking at some 17" sport max 050 silver polished, and at some 16" black with chrome lip motegi's.
What would you rather get? They are at about $650 bucks with tires both.
Recomendations welcome! =)

Silver-Shooter

silveRShooter
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
17's look too big imo... especially on a hatch.

15's or 16's would be great.

Tiso

Tello !
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
98ciback said:
I've been looking at some 17" sport max 050 silver polished, and at some 16" black with chrome lip motegi's.
What would you rather get? They are at about $650 bucks with tires both.
Recomendations welcome! =)
you on coilovers or springs?

98ciback

5+ Year Member
Car is not dropped yet. But I will be using coilovers.
Black or silver rims on a silver hatch????

Silver-Shooter

silveRShooter
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
98ciback said:
It seems like 17's look nice but then I see a lot of hatches with smaller rims. Is it that they can't afford 17's? or just because the ride get's unconfortable?
17's aren't always more expensive... people get 15's and 16's for different reasons... tire prices, ride, the way they look, plus a lot of the recent "trendy" wheels are offered in 15's and 16's... not 17's.

madman

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im sporting 16" rota grids on my 00 Si. they are still a little lighter than the stock 15" alloy wheels. IMO 16", 17" gets too big and too heavy. 16 will fill out the wheel well nice with a good drop job.

Tiso

Tello !
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
98ciback said:
Car is not dropped yet. But I will be using coilovers.
Black or silver rims on a silver hatch????
go with 16's and go with Black wheels to offset the silver theme of your car if the body is silver as well.

crizy23

Civics Rule
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think that 17'' on a hatch won't look so good and if you want a faster car i would suggest you to get 16'' or maybe 15'' since hatchbacks aren't so big those size rims don't look bad at all i think that 16 even out the car making it not so slow and looking good. so for me 16'' are :ok:

krayziejcs

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
after having 17's on my car, i'm definately going for 16's or smaller because those 17's are heavy as hell and they slow my car down more than what it already was :lol:

bus driver

5+ Year Member
I like the way 17's look on a 2" min. lowered hatch. yes 15 and 16's are lighter most of the time but most people today ar edoing it b/c it is trendy. In reality the weight of a 17 vs. a 15-16 is not going to make a night and day difference in how fast your car is. IMO it is about it is not a significant gain or loss either way. Now if you are drag racing or autoX then it is a whole new ball game.

GDMFeRiO

5+ Year Member
My friend had a set of 17" on his hatch, he was dropped on Tanabe springs and Tokico shocks but the 17's made him a have a bumpy ride..Short after he went back to 16's.....

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
17's for style

15's for street driveability and performance

stevens00si

5+ Year Member
Beelzebubba said:
17's for style

15's for street driveability and performance

Perfectly Phrased man.

I had a set of 17's and they just seemed to big and slow (Konig Next's). I'd stick with the 15's, 16's at the most.

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15 or 16.....never bigger