1990 EE9 Civic VTEC

Teamvtec

EDM EE9
5+ Year Member
Kareem18 said:
nice car! dont like the exhaust...
Thanks, and that exhaust is finnaly gone now... ugly piece of crap :guns:
It has been replaced with a JDM EF9 2x76 FGK Fujitsubo stainless steel exhaust.

I got my car to the shop today to get my EF8/9 Mugen header fitted.
We ran in a bit of trouble during the fit, it did'nt fit my 60mm stainless steel B pipe :???: because of the spacer that is on the Mugen header.

Well no biggie, we cut a 12 cm piece of the B pipe, then put it back together again with a linkage steel piece and now it fit's like a glove.
Man, the sound and pulling power is amazing :D i had a DC sports header before this one, but i can really tell the diffrence.

Now to finish up my other projects like my rear Access bumper so that i can get the ass of my car repainted due to some rust on the arches :x

I'll keep you all posted!

SilentMist

10 psi seems like a dream
Holly s**t dude,I didnt even know those light up civic garnish were still around man,I only seen it on one jap hatch and not since then man where`d ya get it and can ya get anymore name a price,I will pay up to 150 200 for one of those bad boys.

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
good thing you ditched that old exhaust, now we can say you have a clean hatch :thumbs up :ok:

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mr. Lin said:
good thing you ditched that old exhaust, now we can say you have a clean hatch :thumbs up :ok:
:werd:

Teamvtec

EDM EE9
5+ Year Member
Here it is boys and girls... the long awaited Mugen RNR update >`
I got them fitted today, i repainted the red stripe because of it being the wrong color and some small damages.
The whole thing turned out nicely if i say so myself, I'm very happy with the overall JDM look for my car.
The weather conditions were not optimal when i took the pictures and my car is dirty but hey i just wanted to show them off :D
Let me know your thoughts ;)

Picssss:

shoemaker617

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Teamvtec said:
Here it is boys and girls... the long awaited Mugen RNR update >`
I got them fitted today, i repainted the red stripe because of it being the wrong color and some small damages.
The whole thing turned out nicely if i say so myself, I'm very happy with the overall JDM look for my car.
The weather conditions were not optimal when i took the pictures and my car is dirty but hey i just wanted to show them off :D
Let me know your thoughts ;)

Picssss:

:clap: Marvelous strictly marvelous :clap: I like it better with the single tip exhaust, wasnt feeling the dual tip

Rex_89

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I stated earlier that this was one of my favorite threads, and it still is. You hatch is hella clean. Defintetly one of my favorites. Eventualy Im going for the same look with my crx. Keep up the good work.

Maiku

What's up my Ninja?!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I like the other exhuast better, but that's me.

henkz0r

Unobtanium Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you would have just said "i'm going to match the RNR red stripe all the way around the car" I would have said you're freakin' retarded.

But seeing it... it's gorgeous. Well done, mate.

Teamvtec

EDM EE9
5+ Year Member
My engine needed replacement since it almost had 280.000km on it and with a loud VTEC rattle and clutch that started to make some noise it was time for a 1991 B16A1 engine with 130.000km on it with a new clutch and new belts.
It really drives like a new car now, no more VTEC rattle and lots of other ticking sounds from under the hood.
We started Thursday night with the swap in the after work hours... since the boss was on a holliday :grin:
My buddy VTECNico was also there with his car to change a broken dynamo(?)

We started to remove the reinforcement bar, header, dirveshaft axles, wheels etc.

After a few hours we got it out

The next day we completely cleaned the new engine with brake cleaner (good s**t btw!) and sprayed it of with air.
next up was the car... we had to push it to the carwash box and then cleaned the engine compartiment with the same stuff and sprayed it of with water.
We used a total of 5 spraying cans of that brake cleaner hehe... well it did a good job.
Then it was time to put everything back into the car, all went well... and it did start the second time but my gearbox has a small problem i think... i used the gearbox that was on the new engine so no proble you would think, but it's very difficult to put the shifter into the gears.
It shifts ok but verry stif.
Anyone here has an idea?

Sorry, i dont have pics of the actuall install, i do have pics of it installed :eyes:
My engine bay is really clean! :grin:

Oh yeah i removed my CAi this afternoon and replaced it with the stock one with a HKS filter, looks more cleaner now

Maiku

What's up my Ninja?!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
quick question, why is your tag so tall and stubby and his long and narrow? is it that he is from a different area or something of that sort?