1994 Honda civic DX Coupe clean car

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I posted pictures of the stains on my hood, what do you think would be the best thing to do? paint it, buffer? i just don't know.
Dude, do you bother researching anything??? Using polish or clay bar should remove those washer fluid stains. You would know this if you bothered to research google.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not worth the trouble to get the stains out when the paint is destroyed anyway. That car needs a lot more than a buff and wax. Clay bar isn't going to fix clear coat failure.

As far as the wheels, I personally don't think you have the stance or a clean enough car to pull that or any other deep dish wheel off. If it were me, I would save up and get the car painted, ditch the junk head lights and tail lights, put some factory tail lights on, get a good set of OEM headlights and do a PROPER retrofit. No sense in putting money into wheels that are just going to go on a car that needs a lot of love first.

Please don't be one of those douches that puts H.I.D. bulbs in factory housings. They need to go into PROPER H.I.D. projectors and you are only going to get that with a retrofit. Search, the information is out there in very much detail. There is even a forum specifically dedicated to retrofitting any headlight you can think of with correct projectors out of many different applications.

Also, the higher you go in k rating, such as 20,000k H.I.D., the WORSE the light output is on the road. Anything higher than 6,000k is a waste of money. Either way, they shouldn't be going in factory housings.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
get a good set of OEM headlights and do a PROPER retrofit.
To do a proper HID retrofit and for the best light output, shouldn't people use aftermarket plastic lights with the all clear lens?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Please don't be one of those douches that puts H.I.D. bulbs in factory housings..
I was one of those douches once :lol:

To do a proper HID retrofit and for the best light output, shouldn't people use aftermarket plastic lights with the all clear lens?
It doesn't really matter what type of headlamp since the bulb is going to be behind a projector regardless. You might see a little light scatter due to the reflectors within the headlights, but it would be very minimal. With my RSX the only bit of light scatter is when I kick on the bixenon "high beam" reflector.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Glass lenses are the way to go for a correct retrofit, definitely. Make sure the glass is clear and not fluted. I don't like the cheap aftermarket housings though for the 5th and 6th gen. You don't need to cut them all up so the housing is still all intact and the adjusters are all original. The aftermarket ones have a reputation for crappy quality and poor adjusters.

There used to be companies that sold just the glass lenses to put in the stock housings for the 5th gens, are they not around anymore? I have been out the loop for a while on what is still available.

I was one of those douches once :lol:
I was too. :lol: I learned quickly though that it isn't cool to be one of those, especially when it is a cake walk to do the retrofit into 5th gen housings.

It doesn't really matter what type of headlamp since the bulb is going to be behind a projector regardless. You might see a little light scatter due to the reflectors within the headlights, but it would be very minimal. With my RSX the only bit of light scatter is when I kick on the bixenon "high beam" reflector.
See my reply above for why I don't prefer the aftermarket cheap ones. Also, projector behind a crappy lens is going to still be crappy light output. Even worse if the lens is fluted. You don't have scatter from the housing with the low beam because the projector and shroud point beam away from the headlight instead of into it like halogen. You will get scatter from bad lenses though. Most of the kits now are not bixenon and use a little flap (mini h1, d2s, etc) that points the beam up a little bit for the high beams. I haven't seen a bixenon used in most of the current retrofit trends now a days (then again, I am working with mostly german cars now so that might be a different world).

gage sumler

Not worth the trouble to get the stains out when the paint is destroyed anyway. That car needs a lot more than a buff and wax. Clay bar isn't going to fix clear coat failure.

As far as the wheels, I personally don't think you have the stance or a clean enough car to pull that or any other deep dish wheel off. If it were me, I would save up and get the car painted, ditch the junk head lights and tail lights, put some factory tail lights on, get a good set of OEM headlights and do a PROPER retrofit. No sense in putting money into wheels that are just going to go on a car that needs a lot of love first.

Please don't be one of those douches that puts H.I.D. bulbs in factory housings. They need to go into PROPER H.I.D. projectors and you are only going to get that with a retrofit. Search, the information is out there in very much detail. There is even a forum specifically dedicated to retrofitting any headlight you can think of with correct projectors out of many different applications.

Also, the higher you go in k rating, such as 20,000k H.I.D., the WORSE the light output is on the road. Anything higher than 6,000k is a waste of money. Either way, they shouldn't be going in factory housings.
Thanks for the info man, and I was just thinking about the future of my car when I get new suspension I plan on buying new rims. I would be good with any rims that are 15 inches i was just browsing around online. As far as paint I think just the hood needs a paint job the rest of the cars paint is perfect atm. And soon i'm going to the junkyard i might get lucky and find some decent headlights and taillights, if not ill be buying some soon for sure.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
See my reply above for why I don't prefer the aftermarket cheap ones. Also, projector behind a crappy lens is going to still be crappy light output. Even worse if the lens is fluted. You don't have scatter from the housing with the low beam because the projector and shroud point beam away from the headlight instead of into it like halogen. You will get scatter from bad lenses though. Most of the kits now are not bixenon and use a little flap (mini h1, d2s, etc) that points the beam up a little bit for the high beams. I haven't seen a bixenon used in most of the current retrofit trends now a days (then again, I am working with mostly german cars now so that might be a different world).
I've never used anything it OEM headlamps so I guess I can't judge aftermarket lol.

But by bi-xenon, yeah, that's what I meant.. I don't have true bi-xenon it has the shroud that tilts the beam up.

Sent from my eye phone

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Glass lenses are the way to go for a correct retrofit, definitely. Make sure the glass is clear and not fluted. I don't like the cheap aftermarket housings though for the 5th and 6th gen.
I'm not even sure if anyone makes clear lens glass for the 5th gens.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm not even sure if anyone makes clear lens glass for the 5th gens.
There used to be, I swear I saw them. Unless I am just thinking of the German vehicles. Maybe I'm losing it?

What I did with my first retrofit was I purchased a set of aftermarket replicas that had a glass lens and swapped them to my OEM housings.

*edit* Just did a search and it looks like no one makes glass lenses separately, but for $100 you can buy a set of junk housing headlights on eBay, take the lenses and toss the rest. If someone made separate lenses, they would be about $100 anyway.