1st car

jayhupa

I would like to gear your opinion on the engine. Thank u!

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I would like to gear your opinion on the engine. Thank u!
:welcome: We need to know what motor is is first ;)

jayhupa

All I know is its a vtec e. I dont know anything anymore. :( and thank you for the welcome.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
All I know is its a vtec e. I dont know anything anymore. :( and thank you for the welcome.

On the front of the motor towards the left where it meets the transmission, you will see an engine stamp. Something like D15Z1, which would actually be my guess. If that's the case, you're meant for good fuel economy. Granted most Civics were built for economy and not performance, but this one has a little less balls and a little better MPG, I believe.

Have any future plans for the car / motor?

jayhupa

For now, economical is the goal. But maybe in the future. I used to own a motorcyle and I drive it fast, maybe id be wanting more "balls". Any advice on what to change here?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Honestly I wouldn't change a thing.

.. other than oil, plugs, wires, dizzy cap and rotor etc... the tune up stuff (if it hasn't been done in a while of course)

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Please verify the engine code. That valve cover would indicate that its a VX, which has about 92hp and can get MPG in the 50s. If it is then performance is the last thing youll ever get out of it. VXs are hard to come by nowadays so I hope you dont swap out the motor.

jayhupa

This is a clearer picture of the my 2nd hand civic. Its has a 135,xxx mileage. This is what's under the hood. Anything I need to change? Is it worth the 4k usd price? Its eg4, d15b that I dont really understand too well.

My goal is economy, safety and a Lil amount of speed. ;)

The color, well, im a lady. =)

Thanks!!

jayhupa

Please verify the engine code. That valve cover would indicate that its a VX, which has about 92hp and can get MPG in the 50s. If it is then performance is the last thing youll ever get out of it. VXs are hard to come by nowadays so I hope you dont swap out the motor.
Its says its eg4 d15b. I didnt really see any vx or I dont know where to look. But does this look good enough? Smooth ride, economical and safe?

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Its says its eg4 d15b. I didnt really see any vx or I dont know where to look. But does this look good enough? Smooth ride, economical and safe?
My mistake. Vtec-e labeled valve covers do only come from the D15b engines which were only available in certain model hondas in Japan. FYI, vtec-e in the US was only available on Civic trims VX & HX and are solely fuel efficient engines.

So you do in fact have a swapped engine, provided the cars not from Japan. The good thing is you have a rare 3-stage vtec-e that gets good mileage along with solid performance unlike american VXs & HXs. The bad, if Im not mistaken, will be that some parts will be very hard to come by. You better baby that engine because its a gem of a find. All Honda engines are solid and reliable provided they havent been ragged on, but those are pretty sought after. Start doing some heavy research on that engine. Its also known as a D15z7.

Last edited:

jayhupa

My mistake. Vtec-e labeled valve covers do only come from the D15b engines which were only available in certain model hondas in Japan. FYI, vtec-e in the US was only available on Civic trims VX & HX and are solely fuel efficient engines.

So you do in fact have a swapped engine, provided the cars not from Japan. The good thing is you have a rare 3-stage vtec-e that gets good mileage along with solid performance unlike american VXs & HXs. The bad, if Im not mistaken, will be that some parts will be very hard to come by. You better baby that engine because its a gem of a find. All Honda engines are solid and reliable provided they havent been ragged on, but those are pretty sought after. Start doing some heavy research on that engine. Its also known as a D15z7.
Thank you for that info. I have to admit, im more than ignorant but I want to know more about it. =)

ej2TimeAttack

Nice body color i would do same or similar but on Current car it would be a waste. ... eg4 for economic and fast driveing is a very good chooice but you will get bored of the power soon

jayhupa

Nice body color i would do same or similar but on Current car it would be a waste. ... eg4 for economic and fast driveing is a very good chooice but you will get bored of the power soon
What do you suggest I do for the power? I was so sure id like it black but went away with pink to give it that individuality. ;)

ej2TimeAttack

Swap it for D16z6

My girl friend have a black Integra dc2 with pink engine Bay and pink rollcage it looks great. ... I will try to find some Pictures of it

jayhupa

Swap it for D16z6

My girl friend have a black Integra dc2 with pink engine Bay and pink rollcage it looks great. ... I will try to find some Pictures of it
Pls dont make me regret the color.Hahaha. I did want to change the color cause my bestfriend hated it, but it was too late. She said, id just have to live with it. Ill wait for the pics. Thanks!

What do you mean? Do you want suggestions for increased engine power?
Yes, I guess. But, prolly will entertain the thought of upgrades later. But nice to have a goal in mind ahead of time.

ej2TimeAttack

D15b is the most powerful D series vtec engine 1500cm3 130hp... make a 2" max. 2.25" exhoust without Cat. New fuel maps hybrid transmision make the car lighter (paper Windows will be perfect )

Wysłane z mojego SM-A300FU