2 6th gen questions

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just posted this question on honda-tech and what people are saying is its the ex / si roof with work done to it. There was no OEM sunroof that honda made for the 6th gen hatch.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
And I've heard differently. :what:

It's all basically what people have heard or seen. We don't have any Honda executives on here to prove one way or another. I can't trust a random guy in car sales abougt anything related to the car besides maybe gas mileage, seating, etc (common features on that model). And for service, they work on them. It's a part in other models too... so there's no reason they'd HAVE to know one way or another if they came in a hatch since they'd be just the same as the coupe design. They might know if they worked on one, that's all.

Now, I know EDM hatch models came with them, so I'm confused on why they would be on one version of the same body and not on another.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah, but thats like saying, why does the CTR have all this stuff and we dont? Just because another market has something a certain way doesnt mean its true for the US. I cannot be 100% sure, but just from what ive heard and thinking about it to myself it doesnt make much sense.

SIRIUS

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm probably one of the few people here that actually bought his 6th gen new off the showroom floor. That being said me and my brother bought our cars 2 weeks apart and he wanted a "loaded" 6th gen hatch. When he found out you could not have factory installed PW, PL, (yes you read that right there are not factory power window and lock hatch's) and roof he declined on the hatch and got an MR EM1 instead. He went to 2 different dealers and both confirmed that those options were N/A as well as conversations I've had with numerous people.

Regardless, if people think I'm wrong that's fine.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
sk8shorty017 said:
yeah, but thats like saying, why does the CTR have all this stuff and we dont? Just because another market has something a certain way doesnt mean its true for the US. I cannot be 100% sure, but just from what ive heard and thinking about it to myself it doesnt make much sense.
Not really. I'm talking about the actual chassis. The main difference between any hatch and US hatch chassis being what side the firewall is positioned for.

As was told to me earlier, "Seriously, for every one smart person on H-T there are 1500 retards." :-/

I would doubt the CX would come with the option for a moonroof (just given what it's sold as), but the DX seems like a posibility to me.

I'm saying I've been told many times of factory moonroofs. I know the difference between factory and dealer option (ie, floor mats are actually dealer option).

At the same time, I have heard many times of peopel at the dealership handing out incorect information. The joke about, "Go ask a car salesman thow VTEC works," comes to mind.

SIRIUS

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
NOFX said:
Not really. I'm talking about the actual chassis. The main difference between any hatch and US hatch chassis being what side the firewall is positioned for.

As was told to me earlier, "Seriously, for every one smart person on H-T there are 1500 retards." :-/

I would doubt the CX would come with the option for a moonroof (just given what it's sold as), but the DX seems like a posibility to me.

I'm saying I've been told many times of factory moonroofs. I know the difference between factory and dealer option (ie, floor mats are actually dealer option).

At the same time, I have heard many times of peopel at the dealership handing out incorect information. The joke about, "Go ask a car salesman thow VTEC works," comes to mind.
You seem to be skirting the question at hand and keep resorting to the old "people that work at dealerships don't know what they are talking about routine". That being said, it seems like that between the collective Honda communities on H-T and CC that someone with an OEM roof on a USDM hatch would've come forward by now to diprove my claims. That hasn't happened and you keep resorting o the "best of my knowledge" crutch that compounds the doubts. Sure we could sit here and say H-T is a bunch of tools and so on and so forth but the fact remains that it's still the best collective resource for the community and they are in agreement that what I say is correct and unfortunately for you, your hunch about OEM roofs on USDM hatches is untrue.

It's OK, we all eat humble pie once in a while.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I am saying that yes, to the best of my knowledge they do exsist. I've only seen record of a handful of them. I'm saying that in the event theyr'e real, that they're so rare that there is a high chance your dealership friends have never seen one.

I'm not trying to fight with you. I'm just saying what I know of this.

And can you prove it's incorrect to think that dealerships do often give out incorrrect information too? because basically, that is what you're basing your "knowledge" upon. That and what people on H-T said.

Unless you get someone who actually knows of this, ie, a Honda engineer, not just a guy who works in service or sells the cars, then I'll believe it.

I wouldn't be surprised if the one hatch I'm thinking of that I do know had a factory moonroof... I would not be surprised if it were originally a Canadian model.

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i believe Jay Jay has a factory sunroof right?

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
steve98ex said:
i believe Jay Jay has a factory sunroof right?
I can't rememeber the last time I saw his hatchie. Does he even still have it? Let me see if I have pics of his anyway.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm looking and I see one guy on H-T wthat was trying to sell his initally for $200 CAN, but later he posted a new thread for $95 US. I'm not sure if he ever got rid of it. While it is a rarer piece... I dont' think a lot of people like them. :-/ Sorry.

Oh, and whoever installs it again will need new installation gaskets too.