2000 Civic, First build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stanco

De
what's up everyone, just joined this forum to surround myself by other honda enthusiasts. so I got a cleannnnnn 2000 Honda Civic EX Coupe. I've always been interested in getting a honda and building it up. i'm looking for some serious guidance from you guys. my stepdad owns his own body shop so i'm looking forward to this. I'm open to all suggestions. I have already ordered a lip kit, new smoked out headlights, and a few other cosmetic things which should be coming in this coming week. got the windows tinted a bit. I'm not any attracted to my hubbies I got on right now.. pretty clean fresh interior tho makes it dope. let me know what y'all think.. I plan to add more photos soon. Oh and yes it is a 5 speed and completely BONE STOCK. :D
Here she goes

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If you want it to be semi fast put a turbo on it, its well worth the money. I/h/e are kind of pointless and ive never been a fan of expensive motor swaps that dont net much more power. Looks decent, I always liked white civics

Stanco

De
Paycheck coming up looking to make a purchase. I'm thinking new exhaust, air intake, or some new rims. what turbo should I look into mc? and I'm not really interested in doing a swap aswell

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
www.go-autoworks-store.com look at his turbo kits, the cheapest kit will be perfect for a street car. i was running a garrett t3 60 trim on my last civic and will be using the same one on this civic once i get a few parts. i wouldnt worry about an exhaust its just extra noise, once you get a turbo then buy an exhaust. i owned my last civic 4 years and i didnt have an exhaust on it until the 3rd year after i installed my turbo, exhaust with a turbo is super nice sounding low but deep not loud and raspy.i would just buy rims for your car

Jersey_Devil

Looks very clean! I'm in the mitts of planning a B16B build to drop in a 2000 EX. Good luck on ur build!

Sent from my obama monitoring device

Stanco

De
cool mc preciate the help. I definetly want my car to have a nice low and deep sound instead of sounding like a pissed off bumble bee. any ideas for rims? I like the spoke rims, but stuck between getting black rims or chrome. and thanks jersey devil good luck on your build homie.

Stanco

De
Here's a few more pics of her. The interior is pretty tip top shape. I still haven't had time to hook up my subs tho yet, I got two 10's. probably going to upgrade to a kenwood head unit. this just came with the car, haven't had it a week. car rides great.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Need to formulate a plan if you want to save money. I wouldn't suggest buying exhaust or an intake if you plan on going with boost. It's going to need redone again if/when you do.

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
Welcome to the site :thumbs up

Start with making goals and the steps to achieve them. Don't waste money on impulse buys. Be patient.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dont get chrome its way to ugly, i would go with black if that is your only other choice. i think the car would look good lowered on some white rota grids or some rota gt3 in white or gold maybe?

Stanco

De
dont get chrome its way to ugly, i would go with black if that is your only other choice. i think the car would look good lowered on some white rota grids or some rota gt3 in white or gold maybe?
I thought about that as well, white on white would look sick as hell. My smoked headlights, lip kit, and weather guards should be coming in tomorrow. Going to order a new grill and then put cosmetics on the back burner. not sure about getting a turbo.. I would if I had the cash. What's your thoughts for exhaust/ intake? I like the idea of dropping it, looks hella better.

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Drop = yes. However, it's what you plan on doing with it. If it's just a DD type of thing, cruising around town and some spirited driving occasionally, you can get something like Tien Basics, or something around that price range. Don't pay for crap or you get crap.

You've got a pretty good slate to work with looks clean. Don't go and chrome it out, it looks pretty awful imo. I'm one for subtle, so I'd likely go black accents on it, like interior, LCAs, whatever. I'm curious the "smoked" headlights you picked up. If they're the same I see on eBay when I'm looking for OEM, I'm curious the light output.

White on white rims looks pretty sick, Rota GT3s always seem to have that polished lip, depends on what colors you're interested in. You can almost 100% of the time Google image search "rims in this color" on EK Coupe and find what you're interested in to get an idea.

Stanco

De
okay cool deal and yeah this is my DD so I'm not looking to do any major racing might sprint with a few of these local fellas but that's bout it. Preciate the help

Stanco

De
headlights and weather guards came in today. now just waiting on lip kit and then I'll throw it all on there. pretty stoked bout headlights, I think they look pretty sweet.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If you plan on going the turbo route, expect to spend a couple grand to do it right. I'd say $500 for tuning ALONE.

If you can find a cheap LS motor that would be the way to go for a little power increase. I/H/E will really only change the sound of your car. Slight improvements, but nothing crazy.

Are you painting the lip kit? Black and white honestly doesn't look too bad, but it will look much better paint matched. Speaking of, was the car repainted at some point? Maybe it's just me but your side mirrors look slightly different than the rest of the car.

Clean car though for sure!

Stanco

De
honestly I'm probably not even going to worry about a turbo. this is going to be my daily driver so ill probably just make it look good and add a few little things for performance. Not interested in swapping the motor unless it goes dead or somethin. as for the paint I'm not sure if it's been repainted or not. my stepdad paints, I might have him paint it... white or hell maybe even yellow

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
intake header and exhaust will net you maybe 5hp and cost somewhere around $1000 unless you make everything yourself for hella cheap. i think white gt3 with the chrome wouldnt look to bad but i definitely try to stay away from all chrome. i think i would rather spend 1200-1500 on a b18b1 motor and keep it stock than to put i/h/e on a D series.

Status
Not open for further replies.