2000 civic wont start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason03c

So the car cranks 3 times and died. Has power when key is on bc you checked distributor voltage. Im going to go out of the distributor area. Assuming this battery is fully charged and starter is good. The car should crank for a while. Not just 2-3 times. Id say at least 20 seconds min. Maybe a ground issue or s***ty connections in general. Has the car been sitting for a while? Did it just die? Another shot in the dark would be a timing issue. The belt jumped making it hard to crank over. These are just kinda guesses. I would look into why youre only getting 3 cranks before it die. Could be the reason why it wont run.

p.s. I would also try to give more information about the car.

edit :why cant i say s***tty?
Its a 2000 Honda civic ex vtech sohc . And it cranks for about 10 seconds and i stop and try it again but after 2or 3 times of doing that it will slowly crank and lose alot of power. And my battery is fully charged before i crank it..... I went and started my car one day and then maybe 5 mins later it just died i didnt move it or anything it was idleing and since then its been doing this......Ill look into the timing belt im getting it back tomorrow, What should i look for wiht the timing belt?

O.p. here's a thought. Since you say the mechanics you know don't know civics, don't you have a Honda dealer nearby? They know civics.
I agree btw that Ron and others did try to help you.
Yes but i went to it before and asked how to upgrade the engine like cold air intakes and stuff and he said buy a ford you wont need to upgrade that

Are you 12 years old?

--> Stop with the never ending excuses and the failure to accept responsibility for your errors.

--> Stop taking so much enjoyment playing the role of the victim - it's unhealthy.

Only the truth can set you free. For example, why didn't you locate a competent mechanic in an adjacent town and have the vehicle towed there? Options better than the one you chose seem almost endless.

We don't need to know what the mechanic tells you if you choose a COMPETENT one. Do you know how to do this and how to protect yourself when you take your car to a shop?

How much money have you already paid mechanics to (unsuccessfully) fix your car?

What? Provide proof for this wild accusation.
**Sorry the other dude said kill myself..
***And im not 12 im 19.
** That is you sir , You are the one that told me to take it to a mechanic after i said there aren't any good ones so yes i am going to take your advice this is a help forum so why are you still insulting me

O.p. here's a thought. Since you say the mechanics you know don't know civics, don't you have a Honda dealer nearby? They know civics.
I agree btw that Ron and others did try to help you.
in a separate forum ron told me to take it to a mechanic after i told him none are good and they are crooks and dont know about civics

Last edited by a moderator:

RonJ

Banned
***And im not 12 im 19.
Let's be absolutely clear. You're 19 in years and 12 in maturity. Until you see this in yourself, you'll stay on the same destructive path believing that "I am a victim and it's not my fault because I have no control whatsoever of my life".

This^ illustrates your inability to get the facts right.

...so why are you still insulting me
Don't mistake "insulting" you for "telling you the naked truth".

Jason03c

Let's be absolutely clear. You're 19 in years and 12 in maturity. Until you see this in yourself, you'll stay on the same destructive path believing that "I am a victim and it's not my fault because I have no control whatsoever of my life".

This^ illustrates your inability to get the facts right.

Don't mistake "insulting" you for "telling you the naked truth".
and you are still insulting me and i am not insulting you at all im proving that you told me to take it to a mechanic so i did point blank.

Youre a grown man arguing with a 19 year old when i am trying to stop and focus on my car and constantly insulting me i just want you to know that and your a "high" person in these forums thats a shame you talk to people this way

RonJ

Banned
^YOU ARE AN INTERNET TROLL.

Go Away and Don't Come Back.

xxsenceo89x

aka superman
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^You tried helping. It didnt work. Must you really be a b**** and post this kinda s***? Keep it movin. Hop off his d**k. You dont always have to have the last post. Its not high school.

Its a 2000 Honda civic ex vtech sohc . And it cranks for about 10 seconds and i stop and try it again but after 2or 3 times of doing that it will slowly crank and lose alot of power. And my battery is fully charged before i crank it..... I went and started my car one day and then maybe 5 mins later it just died i didnt move it or anything it was idleing and since then its been doing this......Ill look into the timing belt im getting it back tomorrow, What should i look for wiht the timing belt?
Alright skip the timing for a second. seeing as there is some confusion about spark just backyard spark test it. If you pull a spark plug and wire out. put the spark plug in the spark plug wire and lay the spark plug ontop of the valve cover making sure the spark plug is touching the valve cover. Dont touch the wire while you do this. Crank the car over and see if there is a spark. Do this on the number one cylinder(the one closest to the belts). If spark is confirmed, try it on another cylinder. Check back once you do this.

EDIT watch this here to get an idea of what im trying to explain http://youtu.be/ZceAZgZBn9E

RonJ

Banned
^You tried helping. It didnt work.
Let's see how much success you have with the troll. Do you acknowledge the existence of internet trolls?

The OP is the type of member that negatively impacts a technical forum because he wastes people's time. Chasing him away benefits rather than harms the forum.

In summary: GO AWAY JASON.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This thread is 4 pages in and it is obvious that OP is neither going to listen nor is able to be helped as the information to troubleshoot and fix was given on the first page.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.