Not open for further replies.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm sorry, but what is the point of coming on here asking for help fixing your car if you aren't going to do any of the trouble shooting solutions that are given to you? Do you want to come to a correct solution or do you want to just throw parts at it hoping to fix it?

You have been given direction where to start and you keep asking the same thing over and over, yet bypassing the advice.

Jason03c

I'm sorry, but what is the point of coming on here asking for help fixing your car if you aren't going to do any of the trouble shooting solutions that are given to you? Do you want to come to a correct solution or do you want to just throw parts at it hoping to fix it?

You have been given direction where to start and you keep asking the same thing over and over, yet bypassing the advice.
I responded to you and said there was no voltage so before you come at me with an attitude maybe you should read the entire before posting.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lol I read it loud and clear. You have still failed to prove this with facts. Saying some guy told you is not sufficient. Either take it to someone to fix or provide test results for the tests ron told to you do. Those are your current options.

Jason03c

Lol I read it loud and clear. You have still failed to prove this with facts. Saying some guy told you is not sufficient. Either take it to someone to fix or provide test results for the tests ron told to you do. Those are your current options.
As i have said before in the post ive taken it to 2 mechanics please read before posting anything again

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
As i have said before in the post ive taken it to 2 mechanics please read before posting anything again
Please take your own advice. I can read, it's you who has failed to read and follow simple steps that ron laid out TWICE for you to do.

Jason03c

Please take your own advice. I can read, it's you who has failed to read and follow simple steps that ron laid out TWICE for you to do.
Like ive said before dash fuse 9 is good and it is at a shop, he said he tested it like ive said before so im asking will the distributor cause my car to lose power after 3 cranks and make it not start or is something else causing that. Becuase i do not know and i figured yall would help instead of be smart and rude and not listen to what im saying.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Did you do the tests on the distributor that ron posted?

Im being short with you because I absolutely hate people that waste everyones time. Ron told you the tests to do to fix your problem and here we are 2 pages later and you still havent provided viable test results.

Jason03c

Did you do the tests on the distributor that ron posted?

Im being short with you because I absolutely hate people that waste everyones time. Ron told you the tests to do to fix your problem and here we are 2 pages later and you still havent provided viable test results.
And i hate people who dont take time to read what people post so ill say it again what ive said before in the beggining and id get more help from a monkey than you . I told you already I DO NOT have the car THE MECHANIC TESTED IT and said its fine BUT ANOTHER MECHANIC TESTED IT BEFORE HIM and said i wasnt getting power. but that is a expensive thing to replace so im asking can my distributor cause A. My car not to start. and B. Cause my car to lose power after 2 or 3 cranks

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
He gave you simple instructions on how to test if it is bad or not and you choose to not follow them to find your answer. The car being at a mechanic doesn't stop you from either having him give you PROOF that it is bad or you test it yourself. Why guess instead of finding out the correct answer the correct way.

yes a distributor can cause a car not to run right or not to start. Its common sense.

f**k it. Just replace it. That's what you wanted to hear right? There you go...

Last edited:

Bigmeech45

hahahaha so glad i just read this whole thread i feel bad for o.p because he doesnt know how to troubleshoot therefore i think hes better off getting help somewhere else as ronj/lethal are trying to help you in every way possible but you're not actually doing the job yourself so theres no point

Jason03c

what im trying to say is ron told me to take it to a mechanic because i know nothing about cars so i did and now yall are telling ME to do tests after you all said take it to a mechanic this is why im frustrated with you all first you didnt want to help and tell me go to a mech now its cause i didnt follow directions?? and you didnt answer my second question

**Would a bad distributor cause my car to lose power after 2 or 3 unsuccessful cranks?

And its common sense right so everyone should know that? i highly doubt it and again there you all go talking to me like im dumb . When i have done what you alll told me to do this is the worst help forum ive been on

Last edited by a moderator:

RonJ

Banned
And its common sense right so everyone should know that? i highly doubt it and again there you all go talking to me like im dumb . When i have done what you alll told me to do this is the worst help forum ive been on
Bla, bla, bla...

All of your problems are due to your incredible immaturity and inability to take advice, responsibility and action. You also make no effort to learn. You have issues that can't and won't be solved on any car forum. Nobody can help you if you can't even help yourself.

As it currently stands, you'll either have to do without a car for a long time or remain at the complete mercy of the incompetent mechanics that YOU have chosen.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Except for the simple fact that you haven't done anything that was given to you to actually troubleshoot what is wrong. Instead you want to go the way of throwing guesses at it. You want help, yet you don't even have the car with you? What is the reason to waste your own time as well as ours? Here we are 2 pages in and you still have yet to give actual proof that the distributor is bad, yet you want us to recommend replacing one. Give us the proof that it is bad and you will get that recommendation. Until then we are just going in circles.

A help forum is for helping people that actually listen when troubleshooting steps and advice are given to them. If that person fails to listen to the advice, the whole purpose is lost in ignorance.

Bla, bla, bla...

All of your problems are due to your incredible immaturity and inability to take advice, responsibility and action. You also make no effort to learn. You have issues that can't and won't be solved on any car forum. Nobody can help you if you can't even help yourself.

As it currently stands, you'll either have to do without a car for a long time or remain at the complete mercy of the incompetent mechanics that YOU have chosen.
Thank you.

Jason03c

YOU TOLD ME TO TAKE IT TO A MECHANIC AFTER I SAID ALL THE ONES HERE DONT KNOW ABOUT CIVICS!!!! So next tinme please shut up cause you told me to do this so i did take your advice.......you taught me how to check my connectors and even then called me dumb and asked why am i on here if i dont know about cars ....Then i tell you i dont understand the directions and all you say is id recommend taking it to a mechanic since you dont know what youre doing.... YOU BOTh are hypocrites

RonJ

Banned
Stop whining like a baby and grow up. It's time for you to take responsibility for your horrendously poor decisions. At what point did I tell you to take your car to INCOMPETENT mechanics. That was your mistake alone. Own up to your errors and correct them before you dig yourself a hole so deep that you can't crawl out of it.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Jesus, it's like talking to a wall. How in the hell is it ron or my fault that you took it to terrible mechanics even after you said that they didn't know what they were doing? We made the decision for you? You were advised to go to a mechanic if you couldn't figure out how to do the troubleshooting yourself, not once did we say to take it to incompetent mechanics.

Since you claim to listen and do what we say without comprehending the meaning behind the advice....jump off a bridge. When you swim to shore and get back on here good luck. I sure as hell am not wasting any more time with you.

Good luck with this one ron.

Jason03c

Stop whining like a baby and grow up. It's time for you to take responsibility for your horrendously poor decisions. At what point did I tell you to take your car to INCOMPETENT mechanics. That was your mistake alone. Own up to your errors and correct them before you dig yourself a hole so deep that you can't crawl out of it.
I told you the mechanics here dont know about civics. And you still gave me the same advice to take it to a mechanic because i dont know anything about cars point blank . And i came on this sight to get help and advice so yes i am going to listen to yalls advice and take it to a mechanic and now im telling you all what they tell me and am getting harassed and called names because i listened and yes ron you told me this in another forum site. And you told me to kill myself on a help forum thats really mature man you know thats cyber bullying and alot of kids die like that so i appreciate it

xxsenceo89x

aka superman
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So the car cranks 3 times and died. Has power when key is on bc you checked distributor voltage. Im going to go out of the distributor area. Assuming this battery is fully charged and starter is good. The car should crank for a while. Not just 2-3 times. Id say at least 20 seconds min. Maybe a ground issue or s***ty connections in general. Has the car been sitting for a while? Did it just die? Another shot in the dark would be a timing issue. The belt jumped making it hard to crank over. These are just kinda guesses. I would look into why youre only getting 3 cranks before it die. Could be the reason why it wont run.

p.s. I would also try to give more information about the car.

edit :why cant i say shittty?

RonJ

Banned
And you still gave me the same advice to take it to a mechanic
Are you 12 years old?

--> Stop with the never ending excuses and the failure to accept responsibility for your errors.

--> Stop taking so much enjoyment playing the role of the victim - it's unhealthy.

Only the truth can set you free. For example, why didn't you locate a competent mechanic in an adjacent town and have the vehicle towed there? Options better than the one you chose seem almost endless.

i am going to listen to yalls advice and take it to a mechanic and now im telling you all what they tell me
We don't need to know what the mechanic tells you if you choose a COMPETENT one. Do you know how to do this and how to protect yourself when you take your car to a shop?

How much money have you already paid mechanics to (unsuccessfully) fix your car?

And you told me to kill myself
What? Provide proof for this wild accusation.

sixwhip14

5+ Year Member
O.p. here's a thought. Since you say the mechanics you know don't know civics, don't you have a Honda dealer nearby? They know civics.
I agree btw that Ron and others did try to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.