2000 Honda civic Ex D16y8 SOHC vtec 1.6 need help asap with vaccume lines

Ryuga

claims I have a fuel leak or running to lean does have a exhaust leak( will be fixing) and the pcv valve isn’t connected according to others also has code for idle( idles at 2k rpms ( will be fixing have other cars to fix ) Does anyone know bout this line old owner has it like this bought I’ve been told it’s wrong please let me know so I can fix
31790 31791

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
The blue line is a vacuum source and should run to the PCV tank as I recall on SOHC. Basically allows vacuum pressure to enter and leave the engine block. DOHC (not your engine) run to a nipple on the valve cover.

The open hole, should have the Intake Air Temp Sensor in it.

The one nipple on the intake manifold if I recall is a vacuum line to the EGR. Cant remember 100% as I have not worked on single cams in over a decade.

Ryuga

The blue line is a vacuum source and should run to the PCV tank as I recall on SOHC. Basically allows vacuum pressure to enter and leave the engine block. DOHC (not your engine) run to a nipple on the valve cover.

The open hole, should have the Intake Air Temp Sensor in it.

The one nipple on the intake manifold if I recall is a vacuum line to the EGR. Cant remember 100% as I have not worked on single cams in over a decade.
Hello if you happen to respond from what I’ve been told there should be an air assist valve not sure if this helps you for my blue hose and the like open hole there. As you can see in the picture there is one connected to the pvc(black box). Just wondering if anyone has any idea on what this is and where it goes. Thank you for your help 31792 31793 31794 31795 31796 31797 31798 31799 31800 31801

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Yes the Air Assist Valve allows air into the fuel mixture increasing the aeration of the mixture. Looks liek there should be a vacuum line attached to the top of that valve and it should go to that nipple.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
May I ask do you mean the blue hose I should install the nipple there since it seems I don’t have one or where do I need to install on
Blue is correct on the intake, however the other side needs to go to the side nipple on the AAV. Top nipple of the AAV to the nipple right in front of the valve cover should also get a vacuum line. The diagram shows you exactly how to apply the vacuum lines.

Ryuga

was wondering since the diagram shows a stock intake can’t really read it good if you could screenshot shot my pic of the blue hose and point out where it should go if you can seem to find it I will provide better pictures or if there a better diagram to see it properly seems like the old owner mess it up real bad to me. Thank you for your help

Ryuga

Sorry to say this but that isn’t my car picture someone else was trying to help me but I can seem to find that spot on my car engine bay. So if you could point it out on one of my real car picture so I know where to place it since I can’t really find it

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Lets start over. How about a few wide angle shots of the entire engine bay and wide angle shots of the area in question. Your ultra close ups while may seem helpful, are not all that much. Its easier to take a wide angle shot and use something to point at what you need.

Even better, post a video.

Ryuga

Alrighty I don’t have the car on me as of this moment I have it parted out since I’m installing new sensors on it will send a vid and more pictures once I get home after work

Ryuga

Lets start over. How about a few wide angle shots of the entire engine bay and wide angle shots of the area in question. Your ultra close ups while may seem helpful, are not all that much. Its easier to take a wide angle shot and use something to point at what you need.

Even better, post a video.

Posted pic won’t let me post vid

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Posted pic won’t let me post vid
Your video is probobly too big so you will need to upload to YT or similar. However here is shitty drawing that should be pretty easy to understand.

Ryuga

Your video is probobly too big so you will need to upload to YT or similar. However here is shitty drawing that should be pretty easy to understand.

View attachment 31812
I see but the issue is I don’t appear to have on this engine I bought one in case however I wouldn’t know where to install it hence why I ask for you to point out where I can install it

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
I see but the issue is I don’t appear to have on this engine I bought one in case however I wouldn’t know where to install it hence why I ask for you to point out where I can install it
I posted a picture with notation....:2confused Please see above.

Ryuga

I posted a picture with notation....:2confused Please see above.
I have seen the picture however not sure if you can see but I don’t have a aav installed in my car so I was wondering where it went since everything else seems connected

Brak

Respected
5+ Year Member
I have seen the picture however not sure if you can see but I don’t have a aav installed in my car so I was wondering where it went since everything else seems connected
For the record, the part in question is the Fuel Injector Air (FIA) Control Valve, not AAV.
it's clearly spelled out in the diagram nd4sped attached in post #4
AAV is mounted to the throttle body, and completely unrelated (most people delete it).

This is the FIA valve...

There's supposed to be two nipples, one sticking straight up (blue hose is currently connected), and one sticking out of the side.
The side one is commonly broken off, which is why you probably don't see it.

Here's a link to the actual part

You have two options:
1:
replace it (new ones can be found for around $30)
2: cap off the nipple on the intake manifold and call it a day...

Last edited:

Ryuga

For the record, the part in question is the Fuel Injector Air (FIA) Control Valve, not AAV.
it's clearly spelled out in the diagram nd4sped attached in post #4
AAV is mounted to the throttle body, and completely unrelated (most people delete it).

This is the FIA valve...

There's supposed to be two nipples, one sticking straight up (blue hose is currently connected), and one sticking out of the side.
The side one is commonly broken off, which is why you probably don't see it.

Here's a link to the actual part

You have two options:
1:
replace it (new ones can be found for around $30)
2: cap off the nipple on the intake manifold and call it a day...
I see well thank will try to replace it