2000 Honda civic Ex D16y8 SOHC vtec 1.6 need help asap with vaccume lines

Ryuga

For the record, the part in question is the Fuel Injector Air (FIA) Control Valve, not AAV.
it's clearly spelled out in the diagram nd4sped attached in post #4
AAV is mounted to the throttle body, and completely unrelated (most people delete it).

This is the FIA valve...

There's supposed to be two nipples, one sticking straight up (blue hose is currently connected), and one sticking out of the side.
The side one is commonly broken off, which is why you probably don't see it.

Here's a link to the actual part

You have two options:
1:
replace it (new ones can be found for around $30)
2: cap off the nipple on the intake manifold and call it a day...
If you could help I have tdc sensor failed p1362 and p1361 (haven’t driven car does start and run) do you know what part I need since I currently have OEM Part No 37500-P2F-A01 however idk if I have to take the whole side of and was wonder since it connect to something is there a chance it’s just the connecting point to it I need to fix or the entire assembly including the sensor it connects to and was wondering what part number is that

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
For the record, the part in question is the Fuel Injector Air (FIA) Control Valve, not AAV.
it's clearly spelled out in the diagram nd4sped attached in post #4
AAV is mounted to the throttle body, and completely unrelated (most people delete it).
This, I was labeling it wrong.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
@Ryuga can you show us what you changed please. Just want to check your vacuum line placement or if you capped of anything.

Ryuga

Installed new fia works pulls hard and it more responsive than before however I install new idle air control (IAC) valve and when I crank it it goes to 3-4K rpms for a bit then goes down to 1k rpm then goes up and down from 2-3k rpms and idles at 1.5k-1.8k sometimes we’ll go up and down from those ranges also when I turn on the ac it goes up and down from 2-3k rpm and doesn’t stop till I turn it off. Also drove it and it responds better than before but it just jumps 2-3k rpm if I put in neutral.
YouTube vid on hose and connections(

V 31814 31815 31816 31817

Attachments

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Very nice work and updates!

As for the RPM, double check the iacv plug on the bottom is seated all the way. Sometimes it can be pretty annoying to get seated all the way in. The clip should have a nice audible click if its clean when it seats properly. Otherwise visible verify and you will see the edges of the plug that should be side by side with no gap. If there is a gap in the connector then its not seated all the way.

Otherwise for that amount of RPM there has to be a significant vacuum leak. Or.....the idle screw has been wildly adjusted?

@XpL0d3r @Brak ?

Ryuga

I couldn’t tell ya tomorrow I will lube the iacv and torque it down. Put it in as soon as I got it so no changes will post video on the idle

Ryuga

Also I did hear it click when plugged in forgot to lube it and torque it down does have space in between the edges might be the cause my fault but will do everything I can to fix

Split into two parts i don’t know why but please watch both as soon as the a\c turn on it also does the same thing