2007 civic si or volkswagen gti

one6

Shorts and Sandals FTW!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If it was my money, I'd get the Nazi box.

kmiller

5+ Year Member
runtingz said:

don't do it...the profit goes to nazi uprising!!

if you favor interior and a more classy look then pick the GTI though!...but i'll come after you when the Third Reich comes after all our hondas.
:lol: lmao

i like the si better......they look awesome......and the VTEC!!!!

mattym1204

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Okay.. ive had both... I just sold my gti and bought my 07 si like a month ago.. The gti was nice... I had about 5 grand into the motor and it was quick.. but s**t started breaking fast... waterpump went at 30k and everything started going wrong after that... I love my civic so far.. and so far no problems... And its almost as fast as my GTI was... Go with the Civic... it will be cheaper in the long run and i think its a much more fun car to drive..

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
3rdCoast said:
i'd say aside from that stupid drive by throttle idea on the si, it holds its own. Both cars its being compared to in that review r f**kin turbo. Yeah no s**t the gti lays down the torque cuz it better, havin a turbo under the hood. So with that bein said its kind of an unfair comparison. All 3 of those cars have have about the same sized engines but 2 of the are fi. Turbo that si and then we'll see whats up. s**t even a reflash on that si ecu could make a good difference. Sorry if this seemed like a bit of a rant but it gets to me when ppl compare n/a cars with fi cars and kinda talk down on the n/a for not keepin up, especailly when they got very close engine sizes
thats the way i feel with the Ford Lightning and the Silverado SS. the ford has f/i and they compare it to the SS..and the chevy is alot bigger and nice inside too, u can get them in 4 door. off topic yes, but back on it.

the VW may be nice and quick i havnt looked into them at all my dad fixes too many of them for me to even bother (master technician) if they are really like 7k more then screw that, get the Si. u could do so much stuff with the extra money, well it wouldnt be extra since its a loan but you could pay it off faster. and VW's do have more stuff go wrong with them and parts are really fn expensive. and thats all i have to say about that

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
get the Si over the VW.. easy one.. matter of a fact, you should buy mine! hah..

vtecchick

5+ Year Member
I was afraid to get rid of my old car for my civic si and I'm soo happy I did. I have a 2007 4 door and I love the car. It's such a fun car to drive. I'd go for the si!

MANNYBOY23

buy my rims please!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
man i dont have yet but ill def go w/ the si you cant compare turbo with n/a even with out the turbo the civic makes as much power as the gti now imagine if you put a turbo on that sucka