2slo4u: I bet my build is slower than yours...

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
I just went with a friend yesterday to buy his 06 EX. Better than my em1 all around even though its so different its kinda hard to compare the two. Made me really want an FA5.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think its just the whole car that makes it feel so much better than the 6th gen. New technology, new tuning. I feel like its an overall better car than the 6th gens, but that being said I'd still want to get another 6th gen one day. The only differences between the EX and LX that I've noticed are that the EX's come with rims instead of steelies. I believe all the EX's have sun roofs and only some LX's do. Ex's might have steering wheel control of the stereo as well. I guess I haven't really looked into it much. The motor is the same throughout though. 1.8 about 140 hp. I'd relate it to the Integra LS. If I could I would go with the manual transmission but that's because I hate driving automatic :P. Automatics are nice to just sit and cruise in though, but I like to feel in control of my car.

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
Ya I convinced him to get an 8th gen over a 7th and I think he was really happy with it. You know of anyone who has shaved the front license plate mount on the RR bumper? I just wondered what it would look like smoothed out.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I really haven't seen anyone shave the plate area yet. You'd probably have to cut it off and plastic weld a sheet of the same material that the oem bumper is made out of. Fiberglass might work. If I had the money id try it out cause the RR holder ruins the bumper.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just went with a friend yesterday to buy his 06 EX. Better than my em1 all around even though its so different its kinda hard to compare the two. Made me really want an FA5.

I think its just the whole car that makes it feel so much better than the 6th gen. New technology, new tuning. I feel like its an overall better car than the 6th gens, but that being said I'd still want to get another 6th gen one day. The only differences between the EX and LX that I've noticed are that the EX's come with rims instead of steelies. I believe all the EX's have sun roofs and only some LX's do. Ex's might have steering wheel control of the stereo as well. I guess I haven't really looked into it much. The motor is the same throughout though. 1.8 about 140 hp. I'd relate it to the Integra LS. If I could I would go with the manual transmission but that's because I hate driving automatic :P. Automatics are nice to just sit and cruise in though, but I like to feel in control of my car.
I know what you mean guys. It is two generations newer. If anything, a 6th gen would only have advantage on suspension.

What i learned from my manual trans 6th gen was that it was not fun to drive in traffic jams. That thing had performance clutch and flywheel, so that didn't really help in terms of comfort.

Thanks for the reply guys!

And I like the paint job you did on the bumper, you're good spray cans :thumbup:

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks alot man. Im the diy back yard build sort of guy so I build on a low budget to prove to others you don't need crazy amounts of money to build a nice car. Lots of practice and trial and error. I don't use automotive clear coat though. I found a clear that goes on better and is easier to work with.

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks like you have some great paint skills. have you thought about getting equipment to paint new body parts with automotive paint?

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks like you have some great paint skills. have you thought about getting equipment to paint new body parts with automotive paint?
Thanks, I do want to use a real gun and all but funds and a place to do it limits me to what I can really do so I resort to Duplicolor Color Match and some gloss clear coat. I later then wet sand and use some Ultimate Compound.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You know what i don;t like, yet, About 8th gen? is that the engine bay looks too small and crowded .

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
When I first opened up the hood that's exactly what I said too. I guess they said you have to take off the cowl off in order to get more room? Not too sure but I know that I AM NOT excited to do any motor work.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Fog covers and mesh grilles in. Foglight covers are just placed there since I'll have to adjust the foglights once installed.
I have to make a custom bracket to hold the US front plate since the bumper was made to replicate the Japnese RR bumper they went as far as making the RR plate holes as well.
Waiting for the wheels and this should be on the car. Hopefully I don't run into any problems with fitment.

Pool balls to show reflection off the clear coat.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
is it my screen or does it look a bit dull? would you ever get it painted the right way? the kit looks nice though, interested in seeing the install!

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its actually the lighting of the room. its pretty glossy in person thats why I tried to show the reflection of the balls with the spoiler. hopefully one day i'll be able to get a full paint job.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dude, so i wouldn't mind an 8 gen Si at all man, But i feel like if i'm going to be the second owner i will have a car that has been abused. I suppose I should find one with very low miles to limit and lower the possible chance of any abuse. idk, maybe I'm stereotyping.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No man you have all the right to feel that way. I am the pickiest person when it comes to used cars. It took me about 2 months to find this 8th gen. It's a salvage title but I made sure receipts for the damage were available and I put it through as many tests as I could through my friend who has a shop. My wife was getting irritated with me because I kept pointing out every thing wrong with it...but to me that's better than finding out about the problem later.

You won't regret getting an SI at all. They can be fun to drive and plus, manual is always fun haha.

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dude, so i wouldn't mind an 8 gen Si at all man, But i feel like if i'm going to be the second owner i will have a car that has been abused. I suppose I should find one with very low miles to limit and lower the possible chance of any abuse. idk, maybe I'm stereotyping.
Buy mine. :thumbup: