7th gen rocking turbos?

Powershift

GOT TRICKS?? 5iO.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i wanna here from people that have 7th gen coupes with turbos
what timing are you guys pulling on the track?

got_sake?

1.7 ltrs of fury!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no turbo on my ride, but I want one badly. the kit i'm looking at is the one from Stafford fabrications. they claim 190hp and 190ft lbs and track times in the mid 13's on pump gas. the only down side to the kit is that it takes a while to get after you order it because they fabricate it. Keep the boost dreams alive!! :woot:

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
powershift said:
i wanna here from people that have 7th gen coupes with turbos
what timing are you guys pulling on the track?
Its HEAR........ and I want to know also.

Show Me Them Titties
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont think ive ever seen a quick 7th gen without a k series

edit: wow could my sig be any smaller.......

TheMutt

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
k20a2/3 powered hatches and rsx-s' are pulling off low to mid 13's with around 260-300 hp.
I don't see anyone doing that with 190 hp, but thats just me. Also, 190 torque seems high to me.

Mistro

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
A guy on 7thgen has a vic with a turboed k20. 500 whp. Theres a video too. Kinda interesting to see a 7th gen do a burnout :P

jttegx

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mistro said:
A guy on 7thgen has a vic with a turboed k20. 500 whp. Theres a video too. Kinda interesting to see a 7th gen do a burnout :P
the silver coupe right? that car is crazy.. runs 11.5 too :shockl:

got_sake?

1.7 ltrs of fury!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm just going off what I've read on the horsepower and track times.

2000civicracer

Looking for a Civic Again
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the 7thgens are pulling off alot more torque with turbos so there faster than d16 my sis had a four dorr auto ex with a tsi extreme kit and it was fast never took it to the track but can easily kill swaped civics. but on adverage the boosted d17 will put down mid to high 13's due to the fact that there are not alot of internals to build it up so the makimum boost i have seen ws 10 pounds on an auto

BlingStawk

I Believe in The Fast.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow , you can boost an auto? is it safe to boost one? i must know more :suprise:

98civic98

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah really, can you boost an auto????

i always thought that if you boosted the auto you would need to get a new ecu.

2000civicracer

Looking for a Civic Again
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes you can my sis's turbo is on an auto and if she wants to run more boost all she has to get is a overhaul kit for her trans,this makes is safe and makes it bullit proof with new clutchs and stuff and then of course to run more boost you have to build up the internals of the engine which is rare for the d17 power plant

BlingStawk

I Believe in The Fast.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
2000civicracer said:
yes you can my sis's turbo is on an auto and if she wants to run more boost all she has to get is a overhaul kit for her trans,this makes is safe and makes it bullit proof with new clutchs and stuff and then of course to run more boost you have to build up the internals of the engine which is rare for the d17 power plant
You wouldnt happen to have any footage of her car in action? or pix? im very curious now about getting one and if its worth it...

98civic98

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
same here, im like stoaked lol. how much boost does she run? and you are positive she didnt get a new ecu? because i know turbos can be on autos, my moms audi has one and the new volvo s40 shes getting has one, but those cars ecu's and transmissions are designed for the turbo, if you put a turbo on an auto civic im pretty sure you would need to get a new ecu.

my main questions on the auto turbo are= does she still get good gas mileage, and how much boost is she running. i would love to talk to you on aim too i have some more questions, do you have a AIM s/n?

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yes guys.. you can boost an auto.. you can push very low amounts of boost without doing anything.. but even that's risky. At a bare minimum I would get a tranny cooler.. but I would recommend you send your tranny off to level 10.. it costs a bit of money, but they'll make it strong enough to handle boost... but don't expect to handle any insane amount or anything.

Oh.. and no.. i'm not boosted yet. That will come in the distant future. First i'm swapping to the K20A2.. then i'll attach a nice snail to it =o)

98civic98

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so you dont need a new ecu when boosting an auto? what kind of gas do you use, can you still use regular?

edit- would you need an intercooler too? transmission cooler sounds like a good idea and i know that intercoolers are highly reccomended when runing boost.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
98civic98 said:
so you dont need a new ecu when boosting an auto? what kind of gas do you use, can you still use regular?

edit- would you need an intercooler too? transmission cooler sounds like a good idea and i know that intercoolers are highly reccomended when runing boost.
whether you have an auto or a manual.. a tunable ecu is pretty much a necessity... it's not just an auto thing.

I wouldnt use regular gas once you're boosted. You're going to need to use a higher octane gas.

An intercooler is always nice.. but not needed unless you're running high boost. But once again.. it's a great precaution to take because it cools the air flow.. which gives more power.. and also helps prevent detonation.