8k mile b16a2 burns oil, suggestions?

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
UPDATE: Just got word back from the machine shop, a different one, not the one that did the initial rebuild. He basically said that everything was done wrong and the whole long block needs re-done. He said the bore wasn't straight, the rod bearings are bad, the rings didn't seat, and it needs valve guides, etc.

I'm not gonna call the first shop that rebuilt it bc I never want to go back to them again and they wouldn't do anything for me anyway. The guy at the second shop quoted me $1500, so I'm gonna go get the engine and get a second opinion, just to be sure. Looks like my worst case scenario came true lol.

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sorry to hear that man. It's a shame shops like that are still in business.

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Had a similar occurrence with a Chevy v8 I had. But it actually slung a rod through the block with about 2k miles on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
Yep these comebacks with machine shop 1 have become pretty bad lately, my shop has always subbed out stuff to them for years, but in the last 4-5 they have really been sucking. Whenever they guy has a job come back he never wants to take blame for it even tho he is the owner. So we have been going to machine shop 2 and even looking for others. Sucks that machine shops' mistakes make such a big impact.

EDIT: Now that I know what the problem is I probably won't update again. Thanks for your input.