Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Moved to lounge since this isn't about a 7th gen civic, and since there isn't a 8th gen section yet.

Wolfy

Your mom's boyfriend
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the coupe is... meh... looks way too much like a TL.

like everyone else, the 4-door is disgusting.

pwned by 6th gens.

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Beelzebubba said:

anybody else see the similarity?
OMG...i'm on the TOV site and i saw the 4 dr..and i thought the front specially looks so much liek that POS saturn...
but 1.8 in base models....:thumbs up

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Tom said:
Moved to lounge since this isn't about a 7th gen civic, and since there isn't a 8th gen section yet.
Thanks Tom. I'm a stupid ass.

01S2K

VTEC Worshipper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
All I have to say is EM1 forever!!.

Possibly DC5....

Andrey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
1.8 138 hp and 128tq will be the base engine

HONDA UPDATES THE VTEC
More power and economy from high-tech engine

Honda has revealed an update to its VTEC engine technology that makes the engine more efficient. The company said that the 1.8-litre version produces as much power as a 2-litre as a result but returns fuel economy figures akin to those of a 1.5-litre lump.

According to Honda, the engine employs an intelligent VTEC system that switches the valve timing for maximum efficiency during startup and acceleration to achieve powerful, torquey performance, then delays intake valve closure timing during cruising and other low-load conditions for improved fuel economy.

Use of the valve timing control system results in off-the-line acceleration performance equivalent to a 2.0-litre engine, fuel economy better than the current 1.6-litre Civic engine, making it one of the world’s most efficient 1.8-litre engine designs. During cruising, the new engine achieves particularly high fuel economy, on a par with that of a 1.5-litre engine.

How it works

Under low-load conditions on conventional engine, the throttle valve is normally partly closed to control the intake volume of the fuel-air mixture. During this time, pumping losses are incurred due to intake resistance, and this is one factor that leads to reduced engine efficiency.

With Honda's new i-VTEC engine, however, intake valve closure timing is delayed to control the intake volume of the air-fuel mixture, allowing the throttle valve to remain wide open even under low-load conditions for a major reduction in pumping losses of up to 16 per cent. Combined with comprehensive friction-reducing measures, this results in a significant increase in fuel efficiency for the engine itself.

A drive by wire system provides high-precision control over the throttle valve while the valve timing is being changed over, ensuring smooth driving performance which, according to Honda, leaves the driver unaware of the resulting torque fluctuation.

Other innovations include a variable-length intake manifold that delivers optimum inertia effect to further improve intake efficiency and piston oil jets that cool the pistons to suppress engine knocking, for powerful torque at rpm ranges typical in normal driving.

While the 1.8-litre engine only delivers some 138bhp and maximum torque of 128lb-ft, it is not hard to see how a bigger engine could deliver some meaty numbers. It also delivers cleaner emission performance, employing a two-bed catalytic converter positioned immediately after the manifold and high-precision air-fuel ratio control to achieve low emission levels.

In addition, lower block construction resulting in a more rigid engine frame, aluminium rocker arms, high-strength cracked connecting rods, a narrow, silent cam chain, and other innovations make the engine more compact and lightweight.

The engine will find its way first into the new Civic.
rumours:

1)Honda Civic may get voice-activated Navigation system

2)Sedan SI will be available

3)RSX does not sell in any numbers anymore and, given the desire to move Acura further upmarket, this car will likely be taking its place in Honda's lineup. SI Performance exceeds RSX type-S now and, with a lower than type-S price, we expect those buyers seeking a high-performance, high-rpm backroad handler to be very happy with this new machine.

everything is from carspyshots.net

Andrey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Specifications* for the 1.8-liter i-VTEC engine (Specifications released by American Honda on 6 July 2005)
Engine type and number of cylinders Water-cooled in-line 4-cylinder
Displacement (cc) 1,799
Bore x Stroke (mm) 81 x 87.3
Max. Output (horsepower/rpm) 2 140
Max. Torque (lb-ft./rpm) 2 128
Compression Ratio 10.5:1

Video of new engine

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yay for bigger base engines.....

but why the hell does everything have to look like a god damn bubble...?

zville00SI

CC's Smart ASS
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
BC in the future, the ice caps will melt and we will all float to safety.........

BuiltforSin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
coupes look aight. sedans are a no-no. my 6th gen is still the best lookin gen civic that ever came out.

Andrey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Specifications* for the New Honda Hybrid System (from US Honda PR, released 6 July 2005)
Power source Engine Engine type and Number of cylinders Water-cooled in-line 4-cylinder
Displacement (cc) 1,339
Bore x stroke (mm) 73.0 x 80.0
Electric motor Electric motor type AC synchronous drive (Ultra-thin DC brushless motor)
Rated voltage (v) 158
Performance Engine Max. output
(horsepower/rpm) 95/6,000
Max. torque
(lb-ft./rpm) 88/4,500
Electric motor Max. output
(horsepower/rpm) 20/2,000
Max. torque
(lb-ft./rpm) 103/0~1,160
Combined
(Engine +
Electric Motor) Max. output
(horsepower /rpm) 115/6000**
Max. torque
(lb-ft. @ rpm) 135/2500**

Honda Dreamers TV Video Clip
http://world.honda.com/HDTV/news/2005-4050705b/index.html[/url ][IMG]http://sohc.vtec.net/news_files/376032/001ima.jpg[/IMG]

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I think both of them look fugly. The sedan is worse than the coupe but still...

Yeah, I have to agree that the 6th gens are the best looking ones... what happened to the newer ones hood? they're so much shorter than the older ones. Didn't Honda hire a designer from Saturn? wtg there... :roll:

My car may be almost 10 years old but at least it looks like a normal car.

=)

Andrey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Akiahara96 said:
I think both of them look fugly. The sedan is worse than the coupe but still...

Yeah, I have to agree that the 6th gens are the best looking ones... what happened to the newer ones hood? they're so much shorter than the older ones. Didn't Honda hire a designer from Saturn? wtg there... :roll:

My car may be almost 10 years old but at least it looks like a normal car.

=)
oh well they have to increase interior space remaining the same size
so they are making shorter hood and new R18 is smaller than D17 so it can fit in there

new pic

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Andrey said:
oh well they have to increase interior space remaining the same size
so they are making shorter hood and new R18 is smaller than D17 so it can fit in there

new pic
because if you're big on interior size, you're sure as hell buying a civic.

:???:

the_ska_kid

Skankous-Maximous
5+ Year Member
and i think the windshield is about as big as my fat ass. and to the folk that posted a couple pages ago about the sedan looking like a saturn.....did u know that the vue has a honda motor in it? thats yur honda factoid of the moment. maybe it wasnt the vue....something in the honda and saturn lineup swapped out motors in one of the cars, someone else can look it up, cuz its like 3 am here and im in the middle of a trop depression from cuba again....damn florida

01S2K

VTEC Worshipper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yah the Saturn VUE SUV has the Oddesy(sp?) Engine in it.