95 civic with ls getting no fuel

EGcivic_95

hello, i have a 95 civic with a ls. it wont start getting spark but the injectors wont push out the fuel. they have a constant 12v and when i try to start the car or have it in the on(II) position the signals also works. but like i said no fuel come out...but once i ground the injectors out they squirt fuel in...im very clueless at this point and need some serious help with this.

RonJ

Banned
How did this happen? What ECU?

Does the fuel pump prime?

Does the CEL remain on steady when you turn the key from off to ON(II)? Or does it turn off after 2 seconds?

Are any CEL codes thrown?

EGcivic_95

How did this happen? What ECU?

Does the fuel pump prime?

Does the CEL remain on steady when you turn the key from off to ON(II)? Or does it turn off after 2 seconds?

Are any CEL codes thrown?
yeah the pump primes. it was idling out side and i went to leave and it acted like it was running on 2 cyl. and wouldnt start after that. po6 ecu. checked timing, ecu, spark, resistor box, main relay, CEL was 41 no big deal alwasy threw it, no it dont stay steady it turns off

RonJ

Banned
You are not running the right ECU for the engine. And why do you need a resistor box?

If you remove the fuel rail with the injectors and crank the engine, do they spray fuel?

EGcivic_95

You are not running the right ECU for the engine. And why do you need a resistor box?

If you remove the fuel rail with the injectors and crank the engine, do they spray fuel?
ive used this ecu for the last year, i have 440 cc injectors DSM. i removed the rail and no fuel sprays out when trying to start. now if i remove the injector it s acts like its under pressure and shoots it out and gets fuel everywhere indicated the injectors have a MIL idk what tho....

RonJ

Banned
ive used this ecu for the last year, i have 440 cc injectors DSM. i removed the rail and no fuel sprays out when trying to start. now if i remove the injector it s acts like its under pressure and shoots it out and gets fuel everywhere indicated the injectors have a MIL idk what tho....
I know it's somewhat a side issue for this thread, but shouldn't you be running a P75 ECU?

Start here:
Remove ECU connector A and check whether terminals A23 and A24 have continuity to body ground.

EGcivic_95

I know it's somewhat a side issue for this thread, but shouldn't you be running a P75 ECU?

Start here:
Remove ECU connector A and check whether terminals A23 and A24 have continuity to body ground.

i already checked this and its fine... i tried a new ecu as well and it was a p75...

BTW when i check for continuity. i used a test light and clipped one end to the body and inserted the other end in the A23 and A24. it lit up but did i do it wrong if so ill re check a few other things as well

RonJ

Banned
i already checked this and its fine... i tried a new ecu as well and it was a p75...

BTW when i check for continuity. i used a test light and clipped one end to the body and inserted the other end in the A23 and A24. it lit up but did i do it wrong if so ill re check a few other things as well
List what else you have already done, so I don't waste time mentioning irrelevant items.

And get a digital multimeter. They're not expensive.

EGcivic_95

List what else you have already done, so I don't waste time mentioning irrelevant items.

And get a digital multimeter. They're not expensive.
okay i tried my timing, ecu, resistor box, main relay, actually changed my injectors and still nothing, made sure its getting fuel to the rail. it is, pump is good. no blown fuses, cleaned grounds,

okay i have a multi meter but not sure how to test a ground with it

EGcivic_95

okay so my grounds are all good i hooked the light to the pos side of the bat and checked and it lit it up. i also tried that with my injectors and got noting at the ecu and at the clips...whats this mean bad ECU?

EGcivic_95

Please be much more specific about what you tested. Are you referring to A23 and A24?
yeah i tried them sorry. what i did today: new ecu again, new pump, ignition switch, injectors, engine harness, main relay again, fuel filter, i tried just about everything...it gets constant 12v to every injector but weird thing it...when i hook the test light to the pos side of bat and to the signal wire on the injector and try to start it the light blinks...does this not mean its getting a pulse meaning it should put out fuel?

RonJ

Banned
yeah i tried them sorry. what i did today: new ecu again, new pump, ignition switch, injectors, engine harness, main relay again, fuel filter, i tried just about everything...it gets constant 12v to every injector but weird thing it...when i hook the test light to the pos side of bat and to the signal wire on the injector and try to start it the light blinks...does this not mean its getting a pulse meaning it should put out fuel?
You are straying off track and doing tests that are not informative.

What have you done with A23 and A24? What were the results?

Do you now have a digital multimeter? If not, you NEED ONE ASAP to diagnose the problem.

Do you still have bright white spark at all 4 spark plugs?

EGcivic_95

You are straying off track and doing tests that are not informative.

What have you done with A23 and A24? i had a test light put one end to pos side of battery and other end in A24 and A23 What were the results? it lit up

Do you now have a digital multimeter?yes If not, you NEED ONE ASAP to diagnose the problem.

Do you still have bright white spark at all 4 spark plugs?yes

RonJ

Banned
Start here:

Use you multimeter to measure the resistance of the A23 and A24 to body ground. Post the Ohm readings.

RonJ

Banned
Next unplug ECU connectors A and B. Turn the key to ON(II), measure voltage to body ground at A25, B1, A7, and A8. What voltage do you read?

Now turn the key to off, and measure resistance to body ground at A26 and B2. What resistance do you read?

EGcivic_95

Next unplug ECU connectors A and B. Turn the key to ON(II), measure voltage to body ground at A25, B1, A7, and A8. What voltage do you read?

Now turn the key to off, and measure resistance to body ground at A26 and B2. What resistance do you read?
okau here are my results:
ecu was unpluged during this entire process
Car was on(II) A23: 7.0
A24: 7.5
A25: 0.0
B1: 0.0
A7: 0.0
Car was off. A26: 0.2
B2: 0.2