Not open for further replies.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
haha, i KNEW you were going to jump on this ish.
I have to get it. I made my mind up a long time ago. I'm all about OEM optional parts. Slowly collecting what I can get a hold of. I've got some great ideas for some EDM parts I've seen recently too. It's just a matter of finding people willing to ship the parts here (they're not all in the Netherlands - which I have access to - IIRC).

Btw, anyone with the stock rear lip, could you give me some measurements of all of the brackets? My rear lip does not have the brackets and I need to replicate them. Also, if you could measure the rubber strip (length and thickness), that would be awesome. Any other measurements of anything that isn't the actual lip would really help. I'd like to put this together as a full OEM lip kit.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Just got it an hour ago.

I've never seen a lip fit so well. The front lip in the photos has absolutely no hardware on it. The rear lip has one screw on each corner, plus I'm behind the car holding the middle up.

And a PSed one to get an idea of how it will look.

Oh, and I figured out the rear lip does have the rubber trim. It's just painted over. So I have to figure out how to remove automotive paint from what's supposed to be somewhat shiny black rubber.

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:thumbs up

Nice pick up.

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im so jealous. that looks so amazingly good.
nice work!

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks. I can't wait to get them both painted and mounted on the car. I've been thinking up some other things goodies for her recently too.

Now maybe people will understand why I don't want to / can't lower it anymore. I don't want to risk damaging the lip and lowering it will do just that. It's not exactly something I could easily replace.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Very cool, have you thought about ditching the spoiler, you could get the holes fixed and trunk repainted with the lips. I think with those lips that no spoiler or the taller OEM spoiler would look much better.

VTi_ME

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hi amy

Nice looking lip you have it there,just get it painted and you will be set,if you dont have the hardware for the rear no worries,just get some screws to bolt it from the centre and will be alright

97GreenEX

SiR=Hotness
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have always loved your car.
And you're so helpful.
And now your car is that much sexier.
That OEM front lip sits the car so low...
Especially compared to the sideskirts and the rear lip.
But I know all you equipment is original and that is what is so amazing.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Very cool, have you thought about ditching the spoiler, you could get the holes fixed and trunk repainted with the lips. I think with those lips that no spoiler or the taller OEM spoiler would look much better.
Oh no, no '99-'00 spoiler on this car. I really don't like that spoiler. The only way I'd get a '99-'00 coupe spoiler is if I had a '99-'00 coupe, and even then it'd have to grow on me.

I have thought about going spoiler-less (thus why I bought another trunk months back - it ended up dented so I've been thinking of turning it into furniture), but with the lips I think it helps even out the top of the trunk. I think it'd look naked without it with such a beefy lip kit.

It somehow seems wrong to set off my rare '98 lip kit with a common '99-'00 spoiler.
Your car is sex, 96-98 tails would set it off IMO.
I've actually been casually looking for another set. I'd keep the '99-'00s, but I keep remembering how nice the '96-'98s looked on my car when it's clean.

I will be making sure I get all the hardware, though I probably won't go OEM because OEM hardware has a tendency to rust.

Thanks for all the compliments again. Lips (and front bumper) will be dropped off for paint next weekend.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Cant wait to see these things painted Amy.

lawrenceashley

Sir Ash
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I want to cry. I am so so jealous right now. I've been wanting that lip ever since eventhough I dont have a 96-98 civic. I have 2 oem 96-98 rear lip waiting to pair up with that lip. That lip could have been mine If only I bidder a little higher on ebay for that lip. Congratulations NOFX for getting the rarest lip ever made. I agree with 97GreenEX that you are very helpful. I remember when I posted a thread asking for the part# for that lip and you listed all the possible part# for it. :(

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I want to cry. I am so so jealous right now. I've been wanting that lip ever since eventhough I dont have a 96-98 civic. I have 2 oem 96-98 rear lip waiting to pair up with that lip. That lip could have been mine If only I bidder a little higher on ebay for that lip. Congratulations NOFX for getting the rarest lip ever made. I agree with 97GreenEX that you are very helpful. I remember when I posted a thread asking for the part# for that lip and you listed all the possible part# for it. :(
I've been wanting this lip for... hmm... I'm not really sure, but a few years now.

As far as your rear lips though... could you measure your brackets in the rear lip for me? Mine was previously owned by a person with a '99-'00 EBP Si and they broke off all of the brackets and painted over the rubber trim. Just another reason for me not to like most Si owners.

If anyone happens to snap the brackets off of their rear lip, could you please let me know? I'd be willing to buy them from you.

lawrenceashley

Sir Ash
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've been wanting this lip for... hmm... I'm not really sure, but a few years now.

As far as your rear lips though... could you measure your brackets in the rear lip for me? Mine was previously owned by a person with a '99-'00 EBP Si and they broke off all of the brackets and painted over the rubber trim. Just another reason for me not to like most Si owners.

If anyone happens to snap the brackets off of their rear lip, could you please let me know? I'd be willing to buy them from you.
Want to trade? j/k

If you want I can fax you or send you the drilling pattern on the rear bumper if that helps. I think the trade is better. lol.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Want to trade? j/k

If you want I can fax you or send you the drilling pattern on the rear bumper if that helps. I think the trade is better. lol.
No way I'm letting go of this front lip. I'll trade my rear lip with no brackets for one of your rear lips with brackets though. :P

I can see the drill pattern (there are holes where the plastic rivets were drilled out). I just need to know the bracket sizes and such. I think they're 90 degree angles on the brackets, but I can't tell how big they are for sure.

I can of course get the instructions for the front at Honda. I already have the rear instructions.

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you guys really like that lip? thing is hideous to me, no matter how rare it is

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you guys really like that lip? thing is hideous to me, no matter how rare it is
And your trunk and wheels are ugly imo. In fact, I don't think there's anything I like about your car. Only your car has the added benefit of being common. Besides the trunk and those really bad wheels you had for so long, I really can't remember what else your car had on it, so excuse my lack of a parts list.

I like things and dislike things regardless of their rarity. I like this. It happens to be rare.

This thread isn't to hear about how you don't like the lip. In fact, ClubCivic has a policy about if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

It was a for sale thread. I bought the my favorite lip finally and figured I'd update you guys with some pics since it seemed so popular and since there aren't a lot of pics of this lip out there.

Here's another car with the lip, only this lip is paint matched.

I don't like the SiR lip, especially on an EX with painted trim and sideskirts. The CTR lip is okay, but it has no correct rear lip for a coupe. I can't stand aftermarket lips. I think they by and large look cheap. While other lips might look okay on other cars... I don't want one on my car. This lip is made for my car, fits incredibly well (better than I've ever seen) and has a matching rear lip too. Plus I love how it looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.