Status
Not open for further replies.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm kinda 50/50 about this lip, In some pics that I've seen I love it and some it almost reminds me of a Tsunami lip (not a good thing.) On the car in the pic above it looks sick. Not that my opinion changes anything, it's a great pickup, can't deny that. I'd really like to see one in person, especially with the rear lip to match. Any plans of refinishing the wheels back to original?

c_diddy

drove through a tree
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm kinda 50/50 about this lip, In some pics that I've seen I love it and some it almost reminds me of a Tsunami lip (not a good thing.) On the car in the pic above it looks sick. Not that my opinion changes anything, it's a great pickup, can't deny that. I'd really like to see one in person, especially with the rear lip to match. Any plans of refinishing the wheels back to original?
I've seen both lips on one car in person, and it looks good. The whole car flowed really well, especially since it was cgp too :D. But it wasn't the best since the car was dirty and not taken care of at all. regardless, it still looked good and much better than most lips I've seen in person. I would have loved to see it on a dropped car.....

lawrenceashley

Sir Ash
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've only seen this lip in person once outside a safeway parking lot and I wanted to steal it. I love this lip no matter what other people think about it.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
A previous owner of these wheels curbed them up pretty decently. These will continue to be my dailies in this finish. I actually just recently had Eran repaint them for me in a slightly different color (as seen in the pics). We even got rid of Eran's nearly mint meshies just recently.

I have a set of wheels I'm set on, but they won't be happening for awhile. Plus I probably won't be driving daily on them because of the value.

And the lip doesn't look at all like a Tsunami lip in person. It does look chunky in person, but it looks great. Some of the pics I posted of my car aren't how you'd ever see it in person of course, because you don't usually see cars from the vantage of the pavement. I'm sure it being dark green isn't helping the flow right now either.

I know people mistake the lip for a CTR lip in pics sometimes. I don't think there's much of a chance of doing the same in person, but I hope at least some thieves will. :P

c_diddy

drove through a tree
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
A previous owner of these wheels curbed them up pretty decently. These will continue to be my dailies in this finish. I actually just recently had Eran repaint them for me in a slightly different color (as seen in the pics). We even got rid of Eran's nearly mint meshies just recently.

I have a set of wheels I'm set on, but they won't be happening for awhile. Plus I probably won't be driving daily on them because of the value.

And the lip doesn't look at all like a Tsunami lip in person. It does look chunky in person, but it looks great. Some of the pics I posted of my car aren't how you'd ever see it in person of course, because you don't usually see cars from the vantage of the pavement. I'm sure it being dark green isn't helping the flow right now either.

I know people mistake the lip for a CTR lip in pics sometimes. I don't think there's much of a chance of doing the same in person, but I hope at least some thieves will. :P
haha, I'm sorry but there's no way someone can mistaken that lip for a CTR or a Tsunami in person. it looks totally different in person. It'll flow really well and look great once you get them painted. congrats on the lip btw, I'm jealous.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
haha, I'm sorry but there's no way someone can mistaken that lip for a CTR or a Tsunami in person. it looks totally different in person. It'll flow really well and look great once you get them painted. congrats on the lip btw, I'm jealous.
Hey, I can hope they'll mistake it as some copy. :P

And thanks. I love my lip. Can't wait for paint.

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The hood and trunk where a mistake but they hardly make my car common. No worries though, the front will soon be replaced with factory parts that you probably won't like either. The gsr engine makes it easy to overlook the carbon fiber anyway, much more than a stock y8.

Are there different sides skirts you can get, they look to be like they need to be lower to the ground to match better?

Jimmy2times

White, middle-class
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i was wondering the same thing. maybe they look different in person, idk. it seems to me tho that the lip is too low for the sides. feel free to correct me, maybe it'd look better with a mudflap to transition it. (hmmm thinks about all of the $ id need to spend to get this look lol)

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The hood and trunk where a mistake but they hardly make my car common. No worries though, the front will soon be replaced with factory parts that you probably won't like either. The gsr engine makes it easy to overlook the carbon fiber anyway, much more than a stock y8.

Are there different sides skirts you can get, they look to be like they need to be lower to the ground to match better?
When I said "common" I was referring to the actual car. And nothing would make me overlook the carbon fiber. Flaws on a car cannot be overlooked just because there might be something else that's good on it.

Either way, this thread also is not about your car.

The sideskirts for the '98 lip kit are the same as the Si painted sideskirts.
i was wondering the same thing. maybe they look different in person, idk. it seems to me tho that the lip is too low for the sides. feel free to correct me, maybe it'd look better with a mudflap to transition it. (hmmm thinks about all of the $ id need to spend to get this look lol)
The rear lip makes it so I couldn't have mud guards anyway. But no, the sideskirts are the correct height.

Maybe I'll take a pic of the accessories manual later. The skirts are the same.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

The photo above is from the 1998 accessories manual. Here is the front lip photo from the 1998 accessories manual.

Crappy pic, but I don't have a scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.