'96 Civic D16y7: Build Suggestions

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
You are a piece of work. You come here looking for help, and the most practical piece of advice you get you get your panties in a wad and call me an idiot. Do you understand what it takes to do a cam swap? Do you understand what it takes to do an engine swap? Oh that's right you just said you don't know a f**king thing about cars, so why the f**k are you talking? The only "more pull" that is going to happen is you pulling your d**k because no girl wants to be with a guy with a broken down civic.

"Build" one of the poorest flowing heads then supercharge it, so you just want to keep wasting money doing the least cost effective things to one of the least performance based Honda engines. Atta boy :thumbs up

Stephen staly

W
You are a piece of work. You come here looking for help, and the most practical piece of advice you get you get your panties in a wad and call me an idiot. Do you understand what it takes to do a cam swap? Do you understand what it takes to do an engine swap? Oh that's right you just said you don't know a f**king thing about cars, so why the f**k are you talking? The only "more pull" that is going to happen is you pulling your d**k because no girl wants to be with a guy with a broken down civic.

"Build" one of the poorest flowing heads then supercharge it, so you just want to keep wasting money doing the least cost effective things to one of the least performance based Honda engines. Atta boy :thumbs up
Well I wanted to do a y8 swap and then turbo but that's alot of work and money man. I didn't mean to freak out I'm just not that machanicly inclined to do that. I can do alot I just don't know how to address that your going from one cam to two cams and then wire everything plus turbo and tune and then have it all work out and pass inspection and drive good. Plus swap to a stage 2 clutch. It just seems like a 10 year project.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
I'm going to tell you right now, a b series swap is child's play. Someone with half an ass can do a turbo B series swap into a civic over a weekend even with stopping for birthday sex. Seriously throwing cash into anything besides boost or a swap on a d series is a bigger waste of time then watching the Republican debates.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
the d series does need alot of money for custom pistons and camshafts to make any power to compete with other cars with dohc motor in them, even sohc f series head still had better flow then the d series head did bigger ports better valve angles and etc.my friend has fully build d16z6 turbo and he spent a lot of money sleeving the block and everything else my h22 with f22 sohc block can handle 450-500hp easy before i would have to switch to a sleeved block at that power range with stock sleeves on d16z6 and y8 will some times crack or break. ticking time bomb

Stephen staly

the d series does need alot of money for custom pistons and camshafts to make any power to compete with other cars with dohc motor in them, even sohc f series head still had better flow then the d series head did bigger ports better valve angles and etc.my friend has fully build d16z6 turbo and he spent a lot of money sleeving the block and everything else my h22 with f22 sohc block can handle 450-500hp easy before i would have to switch to a sleeved block at that power range with stock sleeves on d16z6 and y8 will some times crack or break. ticking time bomb
I can't find a decent b20 or b18. I've done alot of research and a h22 would be nice too. Even with stock. But whats the cheapest best bang for your buck when swapping to b series?

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
I can't find a decent b20 or b18. I've done alot of research and a h22 would be nice too. Even with stock. But whats the cheapest best bang for your buck when swapping to b series?
cheapest would f20b or h22a stype s f20b manual made 200hp aand redline at 9k like the type r , h22a type s made 220hp stock just like k20a type r also made 220hp just different technology old tech vs new tech

Stephen staly

cheapest would f20b or h22a stype s f20b manual made 200hp aand redline at 9k like the type r , h22a type s made 220hp stock just like k20a type r also made 220hp just different technology old tech vs new tech
How does that work tho can I put a 95 or older in my 96 and not have to pass inspection bc its obd 1