96 HB rear disc conversion?

Jerseystyle1

The Slow and The Curious!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Besides for the AEM one (like $900) is there a kit for this and about what is the expected price? $900 is way to much in my opinion!

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How about switching to GSR or Type R suspension? they have four wheel disk brake, and also 99-00 Si

GOOSE

JDM yo!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by SUSPEK
i got rear brakes i like em
:hitlol:

2kstreetcivic

Runnin to Redline
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I wish I had rear discs...be interested in how much work it takes to change them...and the price..good luck

Tommy Pickles

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you wanted to convert to the GSR or Si rear disc brakes here's a list of the things you'll need (anybody else correct me if I'm missing something):
Complete GSR/Si Rear trailing arms (discs, calipers, nuts, bolts), brake lines.
You'll also want the GSR/Si proportioning valve and the master cylinder if you don't want to the "flooring" the brake pedal just to slow down. Look on ebay, type in something like "Honda Rear disc brake" and you should find some things you need. (expect around 300 Benjamins). Though if you want to get away for cheaper, you should check your local pic-n-pull.

Jerseystyle1

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think that he was laughing because your post was 0% helpful, but thanks for the interest anyway!

As for those that helped, it is appreciated. I am in Germany now so the pic and pull thing is out of the question, so I guess I am left searching the internet. Atleast I have a list of what I will need. I think I can do the actual install myself. Thanks again!

ek like whoa

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you also need e-brake cables off the rear disc car and the brake booster wil help a great deal too did mine the other week big differnce in braking well worth it too not so hard neither and i got my rear disc conv with rear lca and complete si sway bar for only 150

here's a pic

Jerseystyle1

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Where did you get all the parts? Also, is there a write-up anywhere?

GOOSE

JDM yo!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey Jerseystyle1 what kind of front lip u have... is that the CTR front lip?

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
go junkyard diving and take the complete assemblies off...

Jerseystyle1

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yep, it's the CTR lip. I can't really go junkyard diving because I am in Germany.

ek like whoa

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i got it from a body shop they work with junkyards and such i believe it came off a totalled car, and what do you mean by write up?

Jerseystyle1

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Very cool man! Thanks for the link! I found someone selling a full kit for about $300, does this sound like a decent deal?

Tommy Pickles

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What are you gonna get? A lot of times you might not get the proportioning valve and the master cylinder ($50-$75 more). Ebay, might also be good to check; periodically some kits (without the prop. valve and master) might go for around 200-250. But knowing that you're in service, waiting for those deals may not be an option. 300 is pretty reasonable. Some places will try to sell it to you for $500. Good luck with the build-up and be careful out there, Sarge.

ek like whoa

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah make sure you get what you need at one time its a b**** to try to do it at differ times cost more mobey and time, and the rear disc aint worth s*** without the porp. valve and master cylinder end up being worst than rear drums