96 HB rear disc conversion?

JDM Juice

Is JDM Juice real?
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I got my setup for $250... you actually don't need the master cylinder or proportioning valve unless you're going with the Integra parts (they have bigger calipers)...

Zak8022

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
have you tried hmotorsonline.com? they dont always stock them, and im honestly not sure of they international dealings, but its worth a shot. im sure you could either order it from them, or let them know you want one and they will notify you when they get one. just a thought.

i think i have seen some writeups of the conversion, i will try to look at my saved links when i get home tonight.

GOOSE

JDM yo!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
would an Si rear disk fit a 98 hatch? i talked to my tech guy and he said i would have to change the suspension and some other stuff ? is this true but he does know alot of stuff so? let me know what would be great for a 98 hatch =)

Tommy Pickles

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Check the site at the top of this page. 5G and 6g suspension aren't that differen't so the procedure will not differ that much. Yes, you will need to change parts but do an ebay search. Usually sellers will can get you everthing (well most).

GOOSE

JDM yo!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so i wouldnt have to change the suspension then?.... cause my bro got new rotors, some powerslots and i want his rear rotors and all the stuff so would it be possible to put his on my car ?

Tommy Pickles

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Actually, you'd have to change almost all of it. Depending on what you would refer to as the "suspension." No, you won't have to change springs or dampers, but the rear disc brake conversion certainly will require different control and trailing arms. If he just got rotors (for another Civic/Intergra), you're not gonna be able to us his old ones 'cause you most likely have drum brakes in the rear (unless you had a CTR). There aren't any mounts, calipers or lines that will work with a rear disc brake. If you still insist on not changing the rear suspension, maybe you could perform some custom fabrication, but then it'd probably cost more than to just get a rear disc brake set from an Si or 'tegra.

GOOSE

JDM yo!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh then never mind. He got the everything new, rotors,calipers,pads, trailing thing, everything. So u think i could use his old stuff on my car.... srry to keep asking but yeah=)

Tommy Pickles

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's all good man. Ask away, dat's what CC is for, ain't it?! Well, umm, what year car does your brother have? I know the 6G Si will fit. I'm not sure about the 5G Si, but it should fit. If he gotz all the rear disc brake parts and he's gonna give it to you, hell yeah do it. Umm, you did check out the website right? Well, if you didn't here it is again to help you with all the parts and buildup: http://www.hybridgarage.com/tech/brakeswap.html Hope this helps.

GOOSE

JDM yo!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
he has a 99 Si... yeah i checked out the website but didnt really know wtheck i was looking for.....LOL... but thanks man. yeah his getting rid of everything stock and putting new stuff and i have a 98 hb... so keep helping me plz..... Thanks man =)

Tommy Pickles

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
But why is he getting rid of perfectly working Si rear disc brakes? Or are they not perfectly working anymore? Any reasons for that? These are the things you'll need (From hybrid garage):

Rear trailing arm with hub assembly for disk brakes
Upper control arm
Compensator arms (at the front end of trailing arm)
Rotors
Brake calipers and brackets
Brake pads with shims (get the genuine Honda ones)
Parking brake cables

From the site and to help you with the buildup...you know...putting the parts and pieces in the correct place.

GOOSE

JDM yo!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
he is getting rid of everything cause the front rotors,calipers, pads, dont work he has no stoping power and he has a fixed up b16 so he needs better brake system... so hes getting it done today new 4rotors powerslots, new calipers, ect.. so i want his rear rotors,calipers,pads <---well needs new ones. thats why i was asking if itll work =)

Tommy Pickles

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you can fulfill the list of parts it'll fit. The '99 Si should bolt right up. You might also want to look at a master cylinder and brake proportioning valve (I'm not sure about an Si swap) but that is covered throughout this topic. Good luck, man.

freekaingjon

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im a total car noob... i only no how to drive =). lets say i wanted to convert my rear breaks into a disc or whatever... could i just take it to a shop and have them do it for me?

hondatuner99

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Rear disk coversion?

Jerseystyle1 said:
Besides for the AEM one (like $900) is there a kit for this and about what is the expected price? $900 is way to much in my opinion!
I have '97 integra disks on the rear of my '99 hatch, got them real cheap from a junk yard ($300), and the guy let me have all the suspension front and rear! 8)

chexx_mexx

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a 98 civic ex and plan on doing a disc brake conversion as well, just looking for parts now. Does anyone know of any places that sell used trailing arms or disc brake conversions (besides ebay and junkyards)?? Or even better, any junkyard that would ship out parts?