97 HX with Y8 ECM and O2 Problems

jar25201

Okay so on my Y5 harness I have seven wires. White, Black, Red, "thin" White, Green/Black, "small" Black, and a Black/White wire.

My O2 harness side has Green, White, and two Black wires.

I also know how to de-pin these connectors so i was thinking about keeping the Y5 harness plug and switching the O2 sensor plug to a eight ping connector. Would that work?

jar25201

I guess I can not just switch the four wire O2 sensor to a five wire plug because of the resistor in the plug.

RonJ

Banned
My O2 harness side has Green, White, and two Black wires.
This^ is the O2 sensor side, not the wire harness side.

i was thinking about keeping the Y5 harness plug and switching the O2 sensor plug to a eight ping connector. Would that work?
?

Your Y8 engine and ECU require a 4-wire sensor, so you need a 4-wire plug. Period.

RonJ

Banned
I guess I can not just switch the four wire O2 sensor to a five wire plug because of the resistor in the plug.
It just plain won't work. A 4-wire sensor requires a 4-wire plug. Get back on track. Either do the proper cut and splice work or buy the proper engine wire harness.

jar25201

Yes I understand, I was just trying to keep Y5 harness as original as possible in case i ever convert back to the rare Y5 setup.

I'll let you know how it turns out, should work. Thanks Again for the Clarifications and Help

jar25201

I want to make sure, which white wire do I use the thicker white wire or thinner white wire that I believe goes to a resistor in the plug?

jar25201

The resistor is in the old y5 plug on the sensor side.

There is two white wires on the y5 harness, one is bigger and connects to grey on old y5 o2 sensor and another white wire that goes to the resistor on old y5 o2 sensor

jar25201

Alright that worked, thanks for your help.

Now I am posting a P0325 Knock Sensor 1 Circuit (Bank 1 or Single Sensor) - Circuit Malfunction

RonJ

Banned
Inspect the knock sensor on the rear of the block and make sure its wire is good and runs to the correct ECU pin.

jar25201

Okay so I checked at the ECM since I cannot get to the KS easily. It seems that the KS is not even wired to the ECM, at this point I am not even sure if there is a KS in the block.

I took some photos of the "D" plug for the ECM where pin 6 should be the KS pin.

Am I correct about this? If so obviously I need to wire a KS into the ECM, but why wasn't it there to begin with?

jar25201

So yeah no knock sensor in the block, back to the junk yard tomorrow again for more connectors. I see only the d16y8 came with the knock sensor. Oh well live and learn.