98 civic EX, better late than never.

leothelion

d:p
Registered VIP
dont go larger than 16 please. 17 is to big
just looks wise or function as well?

Update: So for the longest time I have always heard that Ebay Projector headlights had the worst projectors in them. That they gave off a crapy cutoff and basically were not worth any money.

Well I have been searching for some ebay lights because I wanted to take the lens off them and put it on the stock lights. I hate the Prismatic lens over the turn signal because It cuts down the light output of LED turn signals.

So I found a guy who was selling his old headlights for $40, a little more than I wanted to pay but I bought them anyways. After I bought them I cleaned the headlights up because I was curious to see just how they would look on my car. then I tested the Projector Cutoff, And HOLY COW, these things produce a BEAUTIFUL cute off even with H1 halogens in them. I really want to put some HID's in them and see how much better it looks. For some Ebay crap these headlights have certainly impressed me. But then again I took them completely apart, cleaned the projectors with chrome polish and totally wiped the inside clean, Its obvious they were not sealed very we'll because the lens came off super easy and the inside was really dirty. However once they have been cleaned up these look really good. I might one day do a full retrofit on my oem headlights but thats a 300+ venture. and these babies look pretty good for $40. also my new projector turn signals look really nice in them as well.

Pretty clean for $40-this is with no other lights on

Shot at 2012-02-20

Shot at 2012-02-20

Shot at 2012-02-20

Shot at 2012-02-20

Shot at 2012-02-20

Shot at 2012-02-20

Shot at 2012-02-20

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:shock: :2confused:thumbdown:brickwall:

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Those are the same ones that came on my car but I went with the oem style instead, looks bright though.

emerican

Registered VIP
Looks bright i just honestly dont like projectors at all ebay or not unless its the retrofit.

leothelion

Registered VIP
Looks bright i just honestly dont like projectors at all ebay or not unless its the retrofit.
Well I really wanted a projector lens, Im also not a big fan of the stye of these headlights but they will do until I can retrofit. At $40 its not like I'm really out anything, just wanted to see how they look and all that. (its not just the cost of the retrofit either, it the fact that its winter and I would rather not work on it till spring or summer)

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
To each his own right? :lol::ghey:
true. my car doesnt fit everyone either

but dont put hid's in those, people have had them melt before

and you would pick the picture with my ass out, you like it

leothelion

Registered VIP
and you would pick the picture with my ass out, you like it
:thumbs up

yeah, I was thinking about it since I'm going to spend that money again on Morimoto D2S Hid ballast's and bulbs I should really just save it until summer when I do the Morimoto D2S(or H1) retrofit.

leothelion

Registered VIP
OK you all were right, these headlight suck A$$....they do have a nice cutoff line, but it only stays that way for maybe 10ft, then it breaks up and its crappy. the headlights themselves do a very poor job at lighting up the rode. Selling them on CL now (i only paid 40 for em' so I'm not really out much) As far as getting an all clear lens for my projector retrofit I don't know what to do, I really want a nice clear lens, but the only way I am going to get that is with buying a new pair of halo headlights off ebay, a 100+ venture. in addition to that, I was trying to buffo out the lenses on the projector headlights and it turns out that all the discoloration I saw was IN THE LENS ITSELF, it was burned into it. I took rubbing compound on the inside and outside of the lens and the discoloration was still there. so even if I had a nice clear lens from ebay, It might eventually become like the one that I have now. I guess I will just have to live with having prisms on my headlights, sigh.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
OK you all were right, these headlight suck A$$....they do have a nice cutoff line, but it only stays that way for maybe 10ft, then it breaks up and its crappy. the headlights themselves do a very poor job at lighting up the rode. Selling them on CL now (i only paid 40 for em' so I'm not really out much) As far as getting an all clear lens for my projector retrofit I don't know what to do, I really want a nice clear lens, but the only way I am going to get that is with buying a new pair of halo headlights off ebay, a 100+ venture. in addition to that, I was trying to buffo out the lenses on the projector headlights and it turns out that all the discoloration I saw was IN THE LENS ITSELF, it was burned into it. I took rubbing compound on the inside and outside of the lens and the discoloration was still there. so even if I had a nice clear lens from ebay, It might eventually become like the one that I have now. I guess I will just have to live with having prisms on my headlights, sigh.
those lenses were made to look like that, its supposed to be cool. plus projector lens in general tend to have some type of shade to them. rare to see them actually fully clear. your best bet is to just suck it up and stick your oem headlights till you can afford a legitimate retro fit from retrofit source

ebay lenses are garbage, they are not quality projector lenses

leothelion

Registered VIP
those lenses were made to look like that, its supposed to be cool. plus projector lens in general tend to have some type of shade to them. rare to see them actually fully clear. your best bet is to just suck it up and stick your oem headlights till you can afford a legitimate retro fit from retrofit source

ebay lenses are garbage, they are not quality projector lenses
yeah true, well luckily TRS is currently having a sale on morimotos so I might be able to pick some of those up.

leothelion

Registered VIP
Well my car is now oil leak free, my Vtec Filter/gasket was causing me to drip drip. I might still have one down on my Oil pan, but we will see. for now the engine bay is looking a might bit cleaner.

The new wheels are slowly being painted, a few more coats and they should be ready for tires.

I have been hearing a low hum from the wheels when I'm driving, its defiantly a bearing. Just checked it now and THANK GOD its just the rear drivers bearing/hub. $150 to replace from honda parts. The front bearing was only going to cost $25, but it would have taken me at least a day to replace it. The rear should only take 20mins tops.

All my electrical mods are working swell. Went though and cleaned up a bunch of wring and soldered several wire nut connections, now its all looking good.

Threw a HID kit on my Shadow, really like it. put some saddle bags on her too. lovin' having a motorcycle.

Shot at 2012-01-30

Shot at 2012-01-30

Shot at 2012-03-15

Shot at 2012-03-15

leothelion

Registered VIP
This is turning into a motorcycle build lol...

Updates on Shadow and Civic

-New handle bars for the shadow, plus I got some floorboards, a windshield, and some LED's to light up the engine.

Shot at 2012-05-07

Shot at 2012-05-07

-The Civic rear wheel bearing has been replaced and its now rolling happily along.
-Rims are painted and awaiting tires...going to cost an arm and a leg for tires....sigh...
-just a few more things to do on the civic and I will be content.

-front/rear lip
-leather seats front/rear
-morimoto HID retrofit
-Finish painting interior panels
-a few miscellaneous electrical diys
-Trye R grill (mod my original one)

Brutal_EK

just read through the whole build love it so far except that you are not even 20 miles from me and i have never seen your car. are you in omaha or bellevue? plus i want to talk to you about some led stuff and maybe some interior work.

leothelion

Registered VIP
just read through the whole build love it so far except that you are not even 20 miles from me and i have never seen your car. are you in omaha or bellevue? plus i want to talk to you about some led stuff and maybe some interior work.
yeah i don't get out in the civic much anymore lol. That bike has consumed my life! the only time I drive my car is when i go to work, and I work down in regency.

sure thing man, Im always up for helping people out, let me know what you are thinking and I can help you out.