a stupid question - how much does a 5th gen civic go for

Civic_Rally_007

5+ Year Member
i know is a corney question but i want to see what is the face value of a used 5th gen civic sendan go for sonething that is under 80k and in GREAT shape - and automatic !

but i also look at 6th generation civic !

cm108kph

5+ Year Member
Mine (95 EX Sedan, OK shape, auto, 82K) was like $4000 something.

big g garcia

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i got mine for 1,500$ thats cuz the guy said it had a bad fuel pump... less then 5k for sure

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cm108kph said:
Mine (95 EX Sedan, OK shape, auto, 82K) was like $4000 something.
paid too much definitely...

for that price i can get u a swapped civic anytime really..

i bought a 96 coupe manual for 2025 last month ;)

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I sould've had one with a ls swap for $500 but I passed it up because it wouldn't start and the body was primered and left sittin outside for a year. It turned out to be only the coil :smackself

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bizoneoeh said:
I sould've had one with a ls swap for $500 but I passed it up because it wouldn't start and the body was primered and left sittin outside for a year. It turned out to be only the coil :smackself
dumb ass.... :slap:

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
under 80k? thats going to be pretty damn hard to find since most people drive the hell out of civics..

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Blazed said:
paid too much definitely...

that's actually less than that car would sell for at our local dealers auto auction

a good condition 95 civic with low miles, $4k easy....

Last edited:

95CIVICh22

5+ Year Member
find one with more miles...it doesnt really matter, depending on what your plans are. i got my civic, 1995 LX 5 speed, 139177 miles...needed a muffler and a windshield, 2 tires, and the fuel tank drain plug resealed, to pass inspection. the car was $600. muffler 200, windshield 160, tires 120, fuel tank reseal 100...so $1180 for an awesome car. it also had no shifter bushing left, but i did that myself for $25. dont over pay for hondas, unless they have no rust, and really low miles.

ironh19

automotive enthusist
5+ Year Member
I bought my 92 auto for 200 dollars, it was running and had many new parts.

slowhatch

torque?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i spent 1500$ on my si hatch with a bad clutch, boot and has 184,xxx miles on it

PavementPounder

5+ Year Member
I had a 1992 Civic CX with only 70K Original miles, the 'perfect grammy car' no joke, she drove it around town to church all that stuff, it was a guy I work with's x wife.... she sold it to me for 600 bucks, I used it through last winter and sold it to some other kid I work with for 1500, because I didnt feel like changing the oil again! Then this winter rolled around, and I was sick of paying over 80 bucks a week in gas to get my lifted 94 wrangler to work, so I sold that to some guy I work with... and found out he had a 95 SI in storage, never seen a winter... Until I got a hold of it.... I'd do whatever to keep my 2000 Wrangler out of the salt!

Partizan

im gay n proud luv my car
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Damn those are cheap prices. Here in my area, a 92 civic with like 250k miles goes for 2-3 grand. Jeesh.

ShaneOwens

5+ Year Member
I bought my 95 Civic 4dr LX for $3700 and I thought I was getting a deal, but once I had to replace the rims on the right side, put money into the brakes, rotars, callipers, and hyper-extended CV Joints among several other things ( I didnt even get a gas cap, geez), I don't even bother to make payments anymore. The place I bought it from has been getting into a lot of trouble for selling cars with stolen parts and rolling back the mileage, Im hoping they go out of business.

So hell, if anyone wants my car, I'll sell it for $900.