Adjusting valves

dryeager

5+ Year Member
Does anyone have a general or specific write up on how to do this on the D16y7? I know the clearences but am not 100% sure about how to adjust them.

nightryder99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dryeager said:
Does anyone have a general or specific write up on how to do this on the D16y7? I know the clearences but am not 100% sure about how to adjust them.
i would suggest you let that to a mecanic...atleast thats what I did on my Y8 ...and if you know him he'll hook u up with a cheap price
I got mine adjusted for like 30 bucks

highcompracing

5+ Year Member
Its pretty easy, put the engine in timing start with 1-3-4-2. When the engine in timing start with number 1 first then turn the motor by the crank 90 degrees counter clockwise then do number 2. and keep going till all is done.

mracer29

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
highcompracing said:
Its pretty easy, put the engine in timing start with 1-3-4-2. When the engine in timing start with number 1 first then turn the motor by the crank 90 degrees counter clockwise then do number 2. and keep going till all is done.
WRONG!!! you dont do 1-2-3-4 I belive it 1-3-4-2 ill look for the link i used and get back to ya.......

Dont_Tri

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Does this work the same for a DOHC? I would like to adjust my valves also but this article is for the SOHC.

highcompracing

5+ Year Member
yeah its the same for all Honda/ Acura and yes make sure the engine is cold. When you are done you can put put a bit of silicone in each corner before you lay the valve cover back on.

Dont_Tri

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Cool thanks guys I will do this this weekend when the engine is cold.

VigLink badge