Age Old Question!

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Agreed with both cars. A co-worker of mine has a 2012 dark grey Optima fully loaded. I absolutely love the car. She's considering selling it b/c they found out they're preggers again and money will get tight. I will SO buy the car from them!
Do it. Just be aware that the powertrain warranty drops to 5 year/60k when purchased secondhand.

Unless you buy it Certified Pre-Owned.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do it. Just be aware that the powertrain warranty drops to 5 year/60k when purchased secondhand.

Unless you buy it Certified Pre-Owned.
Do you realize I don't even put 12,000 miles on my car in TWO YEARS? I just qualified to be exempt from emissions b/c I put so little mileage on my car.
I could never hit that mileage in that time frame, so I'm good either yearly or mileage-wise. :cool:

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do you realize I don't even put 12,000 miles on my car in TWO YEARS? I just qualified to be exempt from emissions b/c I put so little mileage on my car.
I could never hit that mileage in that time frame, so I'm good either yearly or mileage-wise. :cool:
:shock: Wtf. Can I haz your commute?

I'm 60 miles to work and back. And that's just to work. Not to mention my boyfriend lives 15-20 miles from me.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nailed it, but MDX and TL, including the new version of the RL are really in a class of their own and I consider those 3 luxury. The RL was $45k new just 2 years ago! Serioulsy, check those 3 out now.

I'm an Audi fan though, but I felt they run neck and neck on the mid level cars with BMW. True class hasn't been apparent with BMW until a 5, and definitely a 7 series. Oh, and now the 6 series.
I'd take a BMW over an Audi, any day. Even a 3-series (which I'm going for at some point haha).

I still want an Optima as a commuter. I think Kia kicked ass with that. Also with a nice warranty.

New Hondas just feel cheap.
I HAAAATE Kia's with a passion. My best friend bought a Sol. Huge piece of s**t. I despise that car. For what he paid for it, he could have gotten a much nicer car.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'd take a BMW over an Audi, any day. Even a 3-series (which I'm going for at some point haha).

I HAAAATE Kia's with a passion. My best friend bought a Sol. Huge piece of s***. I despise that car. For what he paid for it, he could have gotten a much nicer car.
+1 on the BMW versus Audi.

Well, yeah. Souls are pieces of s**t. The optimas are wayyyy nicer. Even the Sorentos are nice.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:shock: Wtf. Can I haz your commute?

I'm 60 miles to work and back. And that's just to work. Not to mention my boyfriend lives 15-20 miles from me.
LOL! I drive 2.61 miles each way. I could walk, but working in a high profile, professional office, doesn't really allow me to walk through rush hour traffic, arriving smelling like exhaust fumes, and blisters from my heels, or my pants wrinkled from being rolled while in my running shoes. I'll stay prissy and drive. :lol:

I HAAAATE Kia's with a passion. My best friend bought a Sol. Huge piece of s***. I despise that car. For what he paid for it, he could have gotten a much nicer car.
3-series are such a disappointment to me! Audi's are a POS, but they're SO NICE!
I like the Optima and I think the Sorento. Sols are awful. Any of those cube vehicles are.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
+1 on the BMW versus Audi.

Well, yeah. Souls are pieces of s***. The optimas are wayyyy nicer. Even the Sorentos are nice.
The Optima Turbo is a nice looking little car. I've not ridden in/test driven one of them, so I can't judge. But that Sol is a giant f**king turd.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The Optimas drive very nice. And the interior doesn't feel cheap like the other Kias.

Doubletap

5+ Year Member
So I decided to purchase a 2013 4DR Civic Si. Had to order from the dealership cause they didn't have the nice satin white pearl...i think is color namer =) Told me I should have the car by next week!!!! I'll spill the details later on what extra's I ordered with it.

I did check out WRXs and such, but I decided I just wanted a nice daily drive that's all motor and not have to worry about s***. Plus too the MPG is better obviously comparing Civic to WRX.

P.S. I'm also considering on selling my 2000 EM1 EBP Si too, I don't need two Si Civics. I would be driving the 2013 more and honestly don't want to throw money into two Honda's! =) =) =) =)

Trev_12si

I just bought my first honda ( 2012 civic si 4 dr) and its still roomy with a car seat in the back, I personally love it !! The most fun commuter I've ever had and great on fuel ! And as for luxuries for the price you pay you'll never get all the options in a domestic or high end import.... For under 30 gs like was mentioned test drive a few and see what your preference is but I'm no longer a Honda hater lol good luck !!

086head

Registered VIP
Just to throw in my .02$ check out the new mazdaspeed3s cool hatchback design, 4dr, turbo, good gas milaege, and quite comfy in my opinion!

Disregard that, completely missed the whole 2nd page on this thread when posted

Last edited by a moderator:

DTvn

Ew

Would've went 2011 just cause of the looks. Nothing looks better than a FA5 done right imo

Matt Si

We just went from a 1998 Civic EX to a 2012 Civic Si. Every time you drive it you'll be impressed with the torque. Really smooth.

Abailey21

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have 2012 Civic that I gave up my EJ8 for.

You wont get a quieter ride with the newer gen civic thats for sure. My EJ8 with exhaust was quieter on the highway than my 9th gen.

we have a 2013 Altima at work for a crew car and I hate it, I drive out mini van crew car because I hate that Altima so much. I would never even fathom buying a Nissan, or Toyota (mini van) ever!