Almost done buying s**t... small mustang progress update

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So i thought that i was done spending money on the car after having bought the new intake and having the head work done. Oh, was i wrong.

Now i've got to get a new throttle body to fit the new intake. I'm also going to have to pick up a mass air flow sensor (I think i might be able to pull off going blow-thru. Can't wait to hear the bov vent to atmosphere at almost 20psi. Should sound good ;) :headbang: ).

Also, i completely forgot that i'm going to have to get a ton of new gaskets, bolts, and timing components to get the new motor back together. :wak:

After the motor is back in the car and it's tuned and running i'm going to turn my attention to the rear end. Need to get the axle tubes and torque boxes welded up. New 31 spline posi and axles will go in as well.

This is going to be an expensive month :(

Anyways, little update on the progress of the mustang:
Turbo kit is finished. It looks amazing! Motor was pulled earlier this week and the turbo kit has been sent out for ceramic coat. The new intake (pic) will be here monday. Ported/Assembled heads will (hopefully) ship monday. Should have them by the end of the week at the latest. I'll get all the parts mentioned above next week as well. After the last parts arrive it's time to get the motor together.

So, barring any major problems, or the valves wanting to hit the pistons (this worries me a bit. There shouldn't be any PTV issues, but it seems to be hit or miss) the car should be back together and hitting the tuners by the end of the month, maybe early next month.

Tons of pics next week of the new intake, the heads, the new motor, and the car sans engine.

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Here's a pic of the exhaust side finished, minus the exhaust dump off the downpipe. We're using a Tial 60mm wastegate w/ a 2lb spring as a dump. Will stay closed at idle, but start dumping the exhaust as soon as we see boost. It taps in right before the downpipe reduces into the 3.5" diameter. Looks pretty trick.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Don't know anything about Mustang's but that looks nice :lol:.

My buddy has an 04 Cobra and that thing screams.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Don't know anything about Mustang's but that looks nice :lol:.

My buddy has an 04 Cobra and that thing screams.
His driveshaft is missing, you should've saw that! :lol:

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
With the size of turbo he has he can push the car along with just the dump tube.

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
there's a lot of s**t under there

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i was like hmmm this looks NOTHING like a honda. Nice, any numbers?

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hurry the hell up with this already

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hurry the hell up with this already
:laugh: Haha. I'm starting to get a bit impatient too.

Can't really complain though. With the amount of work actually going into the car and the quality of the work being done, i can handle the wait.

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i was like hmmm this looks NOTHING like a honda. Nice, any numbers?
I did say mustang right there in the title ;)

Not yet. Maybe by the end of the month. Most likely early middle next month.

He fabbed up the kit on the old motor. Now we pulled the old motor and transmission and sent the kit out for coating. We'll assemble the new motor and get it back in the car. Then the kit has to go back on. Then he's going to have to fab up the cold side of the kit, get that powdercoated, then we're off to the tuners.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
10 Bucks says it blows in the first 2 months.. :lol: JK Man

I cant wait to see this beast come to life..

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:laugh: Haha. I'm starting to get a bit impatient too.

Can't really complain though. With the amount of work actually going into the car and the quality of the work being done, i can handle the wait.
NEITHER CAN I

lol, i cant wait to see a youtube vid of a pull, and a dyno sheet to boot

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
10 Bucks says it blows in the first 2 months.. :lol: JK Man

I cant wait to see this beast come to life..
I wouldn't be too surprised. Totally my luck. Fought the last kit for years. Finally get it done right and it just grenades. Oh well, at least this time, i won't be the one to blame. Someone else can deal with it and make it right :laugh:

Well, let's hope that doesn't happen. I might just take the car out and burn it if it does.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I wouldn't be too surprised. Totally my luck. Fought the last kit for years. Finally get it done right and it just grenades. Oh well, at least this time, i won't be the one to blame. Someone else can deal with it and make it right :laugh:

Well, let's hope that doesn't happen. I might just take the car out and burn it if it does.
I'll trade you if it does happen :lol:

Pootie

i blow tires away!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

trust me man, I FEEL YOUR PAIN!! lmaoo

and i have tons of questions about the pix u posted here, But i feel like a kid that joins a convo in the middle, i am soo losttt!!

Looks like a beast tho!! :thumbs up:.. im going to lurk your other threads to get a better feel for whats going on here exactly!!

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
and i have tons of questions about the pix u posted here, But i feel like a kid that joins a convo in the middle, i am soo losttt!!
Feel free to ask. Most of the pics in my older threads are probably down by now. I don't have the hosting space i used to. I'm going to have to work on that.

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
whats goin on man ... hope to see this thing in person next year praying i get an internship out there, moving to Mesa if so.